Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The 2013 Off-Season Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 84, 85, 86  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SerenityNow

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe that LeGarrette Blount will also be a free agent this offseason. I still don't think his pass protection is up to par for what we would want out of our second running back, but he would definitely still be someone to look at.
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanLegend wrote:
Panthers will be releasing Chris Gamble. If we're really wanting another CB so we can move Verner to the slot, I say why not. He's not the greatest CB ever, but he's been a constant lower end top 10 one for pretty much his entire career. We've got plenty of cap space, so we could give him a decent deal.

Not a bad idea. Canty, Bradshaw, and Gamble. The list keeps growing Laughing
Gamble becomes our #2 CB, Canty becomes our 2nd DT, and Bradshaw becomes our 2nd RB. Gamble is an upgrade over Sensabaugh/Mouton/Campbell, Bradshaw is an upgrade over Ringer, and Canty is an upgrade over Marks. Lets us focus on the O-Line, safeties, DE and LB depth throughout the draft.
TitanLegend

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
TitanLegend wrote:
Panthers will be releasing Chris Gamble. If we're really wanting another CB so we can move Verner to the slot, I say why not. He's not the greatest CB ever, but he's been a constant lower end top 10 one for pretty much his entire career. We've got plenty of cap space, so we could give him a decent deal.

Gamble becomes our #2 CB, Canty becomes our 2nd DT, and Bradshaw becomes our 2nd RB. Gamble is an upgrade over Sensabaugh/Mouton/Campbell, Bradshaw is an upgrade over Ringer, and Canty is an upgrade over Marks. Lets us focus on the O-Line, safeties, DE and LB depth throughout the draft.

Gamble would probably be our #1. McCourty is too inconsistent right now, still needs to develop more. He has the potential to be as good as Gamble(a top 10 cb), and maybe even surpass him, but he's not there yet, IMO. Hopefully we can pay him #2 money, though. Laughing Given his age, we shouldn't have to spend too much on him.
Iceman88

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
TitanLegend wrote:

All of these moves would make a ton of sense.

Props to Kempes ^
TitanLegend

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SerenityNow wrote:
I believe that LeGarrette Blount will also be a free agent this offseason. I still don't think his pass protection is up to par for what we would want out of our second running back, but he would definitely still be someone to look at.

I didn't get to watch a lot of Bucs games this year, but from what I did, he didn't look the same. He didn't run with the same power as he did the year before. Maybe it's because his starting spot was taken from him, but he wouldn't be a starter here either. I worry about his commitment.
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iceman88 wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:
TitanLegend wrote:

All of these moves would make a ton of sense.

Too much sense for us, so we'll likely not sign any of them Crying or Very sad
TitanSS

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
TitanLegend wrote:

What type of numbers are these guys going to be looking for?

Canty was scheduled to make 3.75 mil this year, Gamble 8 mil, and Bradshaw 3.75 mil. Say we sign them for average 3.5, 3.5, and 6.5 mil that would take up 13.5 of our available 19- Mil. I realize we can space this out and make contracts front or back heavy, but if you're talking one year deals you cannot do that.

That leaves us around 5 million to try to sign all of our draft picks and the rest of our guys on our team that we need to bring back (including Jared Cook likely looking for nearly 5 million himself).

With Chris Johnson, Griffin, Hutchinson, and Amano all being overpaid and without Hasselbeck restructuring we don't have much room to add a lot of people via free agency. We're looking at probably one starter quality free agent and a few depth guys after signing all of our guys that we need back.

Jared Cook needs to be brought back. TE is a weakness in this years draft and there isn't much available via free agency in that department. We're best off sticking with Cook and giving Locker as many options as possible. Say what you want about his blocking, the guy is an athletic freak and a mismatch anywhere he is lined up on the field.

I would love to have Chris Gamble though. Our defense is seriously lacking in veteran leadership.
KingTitan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

George Wilson safety from the bills is being talked about. A leader. A player rep "Chris hope" type player. He is 30. But graded out top 10 safety by Pro football focus.
TitanLegend

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanSS wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:
TitanLegend wrote:

Canty was scheduled to make 3.75 mil this year, Gamble 8 mil, and Bradshaw 3.75 mil. Say we sign them for average 3.5, 3.5, and 6.5 mil that would take up 13.5 of our available 19- Mil. I realize we can space this out and make contracts front or back heavy, but if you're talking one year deals you cannot do that.

That leaves us around 5 million to try to sign all of our draft picks and the rest of our guys on our team that we need to bring back (including Jared Cook likely looking for nearly 5 million himself).

With Chris Johnson, Griffin, Hutchinson, and Amano all being overpaid and without Hasselbeck restructuring we don't have much room to add a lot of people via free agency. We're looking at probably one starter quality free agent and a few depth guys after signing all of our guys that we need back.

Jared Cook needs to be brought back. TE is a weakness in this years draft and there isn't much available via free agency in that department. We're best off sticking with Cook and giving Locker as many options as possible. Say what you want about his blocking, the guy is an athletic freak and a mismatch anywhere he is lined up on the field.

I would love to have Chris Gamble though. Our defense is seriously lacking in veteran leadership.

You can get around those issues with signing bonuses. Most players prefer them anyway because they're guaranteed, and it works out well for the team because it's paid out over the entire contract as far as counting towards the cap goes, rather than counting towards the cap in one lump sum.

The Redskins several years ago(talking early 2000s) had some ridiculous cap number, I think it was 90+ million, even though the cap was in the 60 million dollar range. The way they got around that was the signing bonuses.

Obviously we're not going to go 30+ million over the salary cap, but we have more room than what you would think when you factor in signing bonuses.
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanLegend wrote:
TitanSS wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:
TitanLegend wrote:

You can get around those issues with signing bonuses. Most players prefer them anyway because they're guaranteed, and it works out well for the team because it's paid out over the entire contract as far as counting towards the cap goes, rather than counting towards the cap in one lump sum.

The Redskins several years ago(talking early 2000s) had some ridiculous cap number, I think it was 90+ million, even though the cap was in the 60 million dollar range. The way they got around that was the signing bonuses.

Obviously we're not going to go 30+ million over the salary cap, but we have more room than what you would think when you factor in signing bonuses.

Exactly. Also I see Amano getting cut along with possibly Babs and Hawk as well. Hasselbeck said he was willing to restructure. Hutch might end up retiring anyway.
Iceman88

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
George Wilson safety from the bills is being talked about. A leader. A player rep "Chris hope" type player. He is 30. But graded out top 10 safety by Pro football focus.

This....as soon as I saw this I thought that he would fit nicely in our secondary a three or four year deal wouldnt be too bad.

Props to Kempes ^
TitanSS

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still think you're overestimating our available cap space.
Ockham

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Canty was due to get 6.5mil in 2013.

stallyns wrote:
Cortland Finnegan signs with the Rams, the division just got classier.
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
“@JasonLaCanfora: Former Bills safety George Wilson already has visits set up with the Lions and Titans this week. More could be coming”

Do not want. Go after a SS who's not washed up.
Iceman88

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
Quote:
“@JasonLaCanfora: Former Bills safety George Wilson already has visits set up with the Lions and Titans this week. More could be coming”

Do not want. Go after a SS who's not washed up.

I wouldnt mind it depending on the price and at least it would be an upgrade on Babs.

Props to Kempes ^

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 84, 85, 86  Next
Page 20 of 86

Jump to: