Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The 2013 Off-Season Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 84, 85, 86  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ockham

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sign UFA Sammie Lee Hill. I wanted him last year, but Detroit signed him as RFA. He should be affordable.

"Sammie Lee Hill, Detroit Lions: Played in 416 snaps with three starts last season and posted 15 tackles and tipped three passes, in part because of his 6-foot-4, 329-pound frame. Hill also forced 17 quarterback hurries, in addition to notching two quarterback hits."

stallyns wrote:
Cortland Finnegan signs with the Rams, the division just got classier.
TitanSS

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ockham wrote:
Sign UFA Sammie Lee Hill. I wanted him last year, but Detroit signed him as RFA. He should be affordable.

"Sammie Lee Hill, Detroit Lions: Played in 416 snaps with three starts last season and posted 15 tackles and tipped three passes, in part because of his 6-foot-4, 329-pound frame. Hill also forced 17 quarterback hurries, in addition to notching two quarterback hits."

Would be a great signing. I wanted us to draft him in '09.

Good find.
TitanSlim

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought this was an interesting read.

http://www.greenvilleonline.com/article/DN/20130210/SPORTS01/302100055/Moss-Britt-can-shine-he-gets-his-mind-right-?utm_medium=referral&utm_source=t.co

Britt's such a frustrating player. If he could just get his head on straight he'd be one of the best WR in the game.
lamont

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Per Rotoworld.

Quote:
Free agent DT Chris Canty visited the Titans over the weekend and also is scheduled to meet with the Chiefs soon.They are the first known free-agent visits of the 2013 offseason. Canty, 30, has experience at both 4-3 defensive tackle and 3-4 defensive end, the latter from his time in Dallas. He was an interior pass rusher and plugger with the Giants. Because Canty has already been released, he's free to sign anywhere immediately. Free agents with expiring contracts must wait until March 12.

**The #1 reason the Titans are my favorite team is #9. -- R.I.P Steve "Air" McNair**
Shout out to NS922 on da sig
KingTitan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lamont wrote:
Per Rotoworld.

Quote:
Free agent DT Chris Canty visited the Titans over the weekend and also is scheduled to meet with the Chiefs soon.They are the first known free-agent visits of the 2013 offseason. Canty, 30, has experience at both 4-3 defensive tackle and 3-4 defensive end, the latter from his time in Dallas. He was an interior pass rusher and plugger with the Giants. Because Canty has already been released, he's free to sign anywhere immediately. Free agents with expiring contracts must wait until March 12.

I think they looked at him before he went to the Giants. Would be a nice signing.
TwoToneBlue

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
lamont wrote:
Per Rotoworld.

Quote:

I think they looked at him before he went to the Giants. Would be a nice signing.

Yeah I remember that. Could be a decent signing.

Adopt-A-Titan 2013-14
- Kendall Wright 73 rec 857 yd 2 TD <3
- Shonn Greene 49 car 190 yd 3 TD
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ehhh, wouldn't mind Canty on a 1 year deal but its just delaying a need. Also he's had some injury concerns as well. I'd welcome him but only on a cheap 1 year deal.

Last edited by ttitansfan4life on Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
lamont

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Per NFP.

Quote:
Titans OC Dowell Loggains plans to explore using read-option concepts this offseason in an effort to improve Jake Locker.It's a sensible move to perhaps kickstart Locker, who either flatlined or regressed in 2012 depending on your perception of his seemingly promising 2011 spot appearances. Loggains will study Robert Griffin III and Russell Wilson, keeping "an open mind" regarding his own athletic quarterback. "We’re going to do just like every team in the league and look at clubs like Seattle and Washington," Loggains said. "We’re still very early in the process of building this offense, but we’re definitely gonna look at all that stuff."

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Titans-explore-new-wrinkles-for-Locker.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

**The #1 reason the Titans are my favorite team is #9. -- R.I.P Steve "Air" McNair**
Shout out to NS922 on da sig
TitanSlim

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lamont wrote:
Per NFP.

Quote:
Titans OC Dowell Loggains plans to explore using read-option concepts this offseason in an effort to improve Jake Locker.It's a sensible move to perhaps kickstart Locker, who either flatlined or regressed in 2012 depending on your perception of his seemingly promising 2011 spot appearances. Loggains will study Robert Griffin III and Russell Wilson, keeping "an open mind" regarding his own athletic quarterback. "We’re going to do just like every team in the league and look at clubs like Seattle and Washington," Loggains said. "We’re still very early in the process of building this offense, but we’re definitely gonna look at all that stuff."

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Titans-explore-new-wrinkles-for-Locker.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

That's the smart thing to do. We've got to take advantage of Locker's strength, which is his athleticism at this point of his career. Hopefully we run it more like the Seahawks than the Redskins, if that makes sense.
VY-FTW

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lamont wrote:
Per NFP.

Quote:

THANK YOU GOD.
Same time as Mike Vicks new dog grooming show.

Justin Hunter #FTW
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
KingTitan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcsouth/post/_/id/47158/titans-new-rb-coach-croom-talks-cj

Quote:
In an interview Monday afternoon in Nashville on 104.5 The Zone (disclaimer: it was on my show), Croom hit on two of the big questions pertaining to Chris Johnson and the Titans' run game: How Johnson can be more consistent and the team’s desire to share some of his carries with a second back.

“I truly believe if you’re serious about running the football, you’ve got to have two guys actually both able to carry the load during the season,” Croom said. “... If you’re going to really run, I’m talking 30-plus times a game, there aren’t many that can do that for 16 games anymore, their bodies can’t take it.”

That’s not to diminish Johnson’s role, Croom said. They still want to feature the explosive guy who can score any time he touches the ball from a handoff or a catch. But the Titans do want to have a second guy who can do other things in a different kind of role with a different style that can help the team in certain situations.
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
http://espn.go.com/blog/afcsouth/post/_/id/47158/titans-new-rb-coach-croom-talks-cj

Quote:
In an interview Monday afternoon in Nashville on 104.5 The Zone (disclaimer: it was on my show), Croom hit on two of the big questions pertaining to Chris Johnson and the Titans' run game: How Johnson can be more consistent and the team’s desire to share some of his carries with a second back.

“I truly believe if you’re serious about running the football, you’ve got to have two guys actually both able to carry the load during the season,” Croom said. “... If you’re going to really run, I’m talking 30-plus times a game, there aren’t many that can do that for 16 games anymore, their bodies can’t take it.”

That’s not to diminish Johnson’s role, Croom said. They still want to feature the explosive guy who can score any time he touches the ball from a handoff or a catch. But the Titans do want to have a second guy who can do other things in a different kind of role with a different style that can help the team in certain situations.

Eddie Lacy or Stepfan Taylor please. Hell, I'd welcome Ahmad Bradshaw with open arms on a cheap deal. Bring both Bradshaw and Canty in on a 1 year deals.
TwoToneBlue

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I question whether or not the read option is for us or not. I just don't want every season to be jake constantly hurt like this past one. He was looking good until his injury I thought.

Adopt-A-Titan 2013-14
- Kendall Wright 73 rec 857 yd 2 TD <3
- Shonn Greene 49 car 190 yd 3 TD
justing101

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Tennessee Titans:

1. DB. Finishing near the bottom in all major statistical pass defense categories, the Titans will head into this offseason looking for ways to improve. From the defensive line, they'll look to apply more pressure causing the ball to come out quicker. In the secondary they'll need better play from their safeties. After signing Michael Griffin to a 5-year, $35 million dollar contract less than a year ago, they have an out if they want it. Griffin has been wildly inconsistent in Tennessee with high highs and low lows. The strong safety position beside him is also a definite area of upgrade. The corner combination of McCourty and Verner will only improve leaving depth to be upgraded.

2. DT. Since losing Albert Haynesworth and Jason Jones, the middle of the Titans defensive line has struggled to pressure the quarterback, making it difficult for the outside to get home as well. The Titans have spent middle round picks over the past couple years, stockpiling some talent at defensive tackle, but no one has emerged as expected. They have a strong rotation. but maybe this is a season they make a bigger investment in an attempt to find a star up front. After surrendering a league high 471 points, it would be a good start.

3. OG. Chris Johnson's breakout season was the last where the Titans were a strong, cohesive unit up front. Players have since gotten older and left the organization leaving the unit dry in talent and thin on depth. Restricted free agent Fernando Velasco played well enough at center where a restricted tender should keep him there for another year. At guard, unrestricted free agent Leroy Harris and 35-year old Steve Hutchinson are expected upgrades in the near future. This offseason, the Titans need to begin a rebuilding of sorts to bring talent and athletes to the offense. Improving the guard situation is the quickest route to returning the run game to form, after which the rest of the offense can be built.

4. DE. With 2010 first round pick Derrick Morgan and $35 million Kamerion Wimbley combining for only 12.5 sack, the Titans will continue adding talent until they get more productivity out of the end position. The heavy investment suggests they'll turn to the draft to fill this need. Again, the Titans are suffering a 3rd hangover (Haynesworth, Jones) from losing another pass rusher to free agency in Jason Babin, which has depleted their pass rush.

5. TE/WR. This is an area in a precarious position with Jared Cook's uncertain contract situation and Kenny Britt's trouble with the law. If all goes according to plan, perhaps this isn't a pressing concern of the Titans, but given the likelihood of the situation, new acquisitions will have to be made at either (or both) position(s). Locker hasn't taken the steps forward the organization would have wanted, but he also needs receivers capable of making smart reads and running consistent routes. Bringing in established players through free agency makes logical sense.

This is from footballsfuture homepage.

Also glad we are going to be getting a 2nd RB this offseason!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Panthers will be releasing Chris Gamble. If we're really wanting another CB so we can move Verner to the slot, I say why not. He's not the greatest CB ever, but he's been a constant lower end top 10 one for pretty much his entire career. We've got plenty of cap space, so we could give him a decent deal.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 84, 85, 86  Next
Page 19 of 86

Jump to: