Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The 2013 Off-Season Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 84, 85, 86  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lamont

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fish strikes again. Laughing Rolling Eyes
Quote:
The Rams have decided not to hire Rob Ryan as their defensive coordinator.Last week, the normally reliable Adam Schefter reported that the Rams had hired Ryan. Not so fast. "It wasn't a scheme fit," coach Jeff Fisher said. Ryan has historically run a 3-4 defense while Fisher prefers the 4-3. Now Ryan, who previously claimed he'd have a job within "five minutes," goes back to the pile. Perhaps he'll get an interview with Chip Kelly and the Eagles, who are in the market for an aggressive 3-4 proponent to coordinate their defense.

**The #1 reason the Titans are my favorite team is #9. -- R.I.P Steve "Air" McNair**
Shout out to NS922 on da sig
TitanSlim

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Titans CB Tommie Campbell says "off the field things" contributed to his lack of playing time in 2012.
Campbell admitted being late to a meeting and failing to gain the coaching staff's trust on the field as well. "If I have deep-third coverage in practice. then I need to be in the deep third," he said. "If I'm playing Cover 2, I need to get the jam and then sink simple things like that before they could throw a guy like me out there." The Titans would be wise to get Campbell on the field more in 2013, kicking Alterraun Verner into a more natural slot role.

Hopefully he'll be able to step up this offseason so he can contribute in 2013.

Zach Brown-Injured (Out for Year)
Taylor Thompson-2 rec, 24 yards, 0 TDs

Joined Deshaun Watson bandwagon-9/27/14
KingTitan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanSlim wrote:
Quote:
Titans CB Tommie Campbell says "off the field things" contributed to his lack of playing time in 2012.
Campbell admitted being late to a meeting and failing to gain the coaching staff's trust on the field as well. "If I have deep-third coverage in practice. then I need to be in the deep third," he said. "If I'm playing Cover 2, I need to get the jam and then sink simple things like that before they could throw a guy like me out there." The Titans would be wise to get Campbell on the field more in 2013, kicking Alterraun Verner into a more natural slot role.

There is your reason why he didn't play. Not because coaches couldnt figure out how to use him....
TitanSS

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
TitanSlim wrote:
Quote:

There is your reason why he didn't play. Not because coaches couldnt figure out how to use him....

Consistently missing assignments because you're not mentally prepared to play is worse than not being gifted with natural coverage talent. I don't look for him to ever be a starter.
Dionysus

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
TitanSlim wrote:
Quote:

And there it is in a nutshell. At least this gives me some clarity and a small sense of closure on the matter. Being that he realizes what his problems are, now the question is can he shake off the "knucklehead" syndrome and get it together to compete for the #2 spot?
titans0021

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Per rotoworld:

Quote:

Titans C Eugene Amano triggered an escalator in his contract, raising his 2013 salary from $3.685 million to $3.935 million.
Amano didn't play a single game in 2012 after tearing his triceps in early August. However, he did start 60 of a possible 64 games in the four years prior. Amano signed a five-year deal ahead of the 2011 season, but the Nashville Tennessean recently mentioned him as a candidate for release this offseason. The Titans can move on with Fernando Velasco at center.

Just insane. Laughing
lamont

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans0021 wrote:
Per rotoworld:

Quote:

Titans C Eugene Amano triggered an escalator in his contract, raising his 2013 salary from $3.685 million to $3.935 million.
Amano didn't play a single game in 2012 after tearing his triceps in early August. However, he did start 60 of a possible 64 games in the four years prior. Amano signed a five-year deal ahead of the 2011 season, but the Nashville Tennessean recently mentioned him as a candidate for release this offseason. The Titans can move on with Fernando Velasco at center.

Just insane. Laughing

He wasn't the only Titan that was robbing Bud blind last year. Looking at you #33, Damian Williams, Babs, Leroy Harris, a majority of 2012 coaching staff & RobJo. Rolling Eyes

**The #1 reason the Titans are my favorite team is #9. -- R.I.P Steve "Air" McNair**
Shout out to NS922 on da sig
TitanSS

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lamont wrote:
titans0021 wrote:
Per rotoworld:

Quote:

Just insane. Laughing

He wasn't the only Titan that was robbing Bud blind last year. Looking at you #33, Damian Williams, Babs, Leroy Harris, a majority of 2012 coaching staff & RobJo. Rolling Eyes

Our 3 worst contracts are Chris Johnson, Michael Griffin, and Eugene Amano. In that order.
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanSS wrote:
lamont wrote:
titans0021 wrote:
Per rotoworld:

Quote:

Just insane. Laughing

Our 3 worst contracts are Chris Johnson, Michael Griffin, and Eugene Amano. In that order.

Not at all. At least CJ has value. Griffin, Amano, Hasselbeck, and then maybe CJ

Driver of the Brad Kaaya Hype Train
Adopt-A-Titan:
Bishop Sankey
DaQuan Jones
TitanSS

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
TitanSS wrote:
lamont wrote:
titans0021 wrote:
Per rotoworld:

Quote:

Just insane. Laughing

Not at all. At least CJ has value. Griffin, Amano, Hasselbeck, and then maybe CJ

Amano is getting paid 3 times less than CJ this season. Considering we could bring in any other RB in the NFL and get the same result or better on any play outside of 6 big plays a year.. CJs contract is the worst.

RBs are a dime a dozen. Ours can't break tackles, can't make people miss, and really doesn't do well on the majority of running plays... and never has. He is just so damn fast that if there is a 5ft hole he's going to outrun everyones angle.

Is he an explosive player? Absolutely. Is he worth 10m this year as a 3 down RB? Absolutely not. He is not dependable. If he was what he is at RB.. and also an outstanding slot receiver... then maybe his value goes up. But he's not.

If we were to cut him we could sign 9mil worth of free agents in other areas that will actually contribute on the majority of the plays thoughout the season.

Cut: CJ
Sign: Henry Melton and any RB available.

Edit: I didn't see you listed CJ on your list so excuse my post if it sounds like I thought you were disagreeing that is contract wasn't a negative.
titans0021

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://bloggingthebeast.com/2013/01/27/2013-nfl-compensatory-pick-projections/

Latest compensatory pick projections, contains some good news for us. According to this, which certainly can't be taken as gospel, we can potentially expect to add a 3rd, 5th and 7th in this draft.

Initially I was pretty confused by this since we signed Hutch and Wimbley, but as both were cut by their previous teams, they do not effect the process. Leaving our losses of Finny, JJ and William Hayes all free to earn picks.
justing101

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans0021 wrote:
http://bloggingthebeast.com/2013/01/27/2013-nfl-compensatory-pick-projections/

Latest compensatory pick projections, contains some good news for us. According to this, which certainly can't be taken as gospel, we can potentially expect to add a 3rd, 5th and 7th in this draft.

Initially I was pretty confused by this since we signed Hutch and Wimbley, but as both were cut by their previous teams, they do not effect the process. Leaving our losses of Finny, JJ and William Hayes all free to earn picks.

I hope we got those 3 picks. That would be so awesome.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im surprised no ones talking about CJs comments

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20130201/SPORTS01/130201025/Titans-Super-Bowl-Chris-Johnson-can-t-even-see-?nclick_check=1

Im glad hes speaking the truth and isnt b.s'ing by saying we have a team that can win. He even mentioned needing to upgrade the o-line. Also not mentioned in this article but he has said the Titans havnt even assured him his roster spot for next year. This franchise is right at the brink of following into a sink hole and really turning into one of those KC Jag type teams where there bad for years an years. The majority in here has already agreed that this is make or break for Locker this year. Hopefully its not as bad as CJ makes it out to seem but the reality is hes probably right

Sig by daboyle250

TITANIA FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIPS

Shaun Phillips: 11 Tackles 7 Assist 2 Sack

Ropati Pitoitua: 12 Tackles 11 Assist 2 Sack
TitanSlim

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Titans fan 617 wrote:
Im surprised no ones talking about CJs comments

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20130201/SPORTS01/130201025/Titans-Super-Bowl-Chris-Johnson-can-t-even-see-?nclick_check=1

Im glad hes speaking the truth and isnt b.s'ing by saying we have a team that can win. He even mentioned needing to upgrade the o-line. Also not mentioned in this article but he has said the Titans havnt even assured him his roster spot for next year. This franchise is right at the brink of following into a sink hole and really turning into one of those KC Jag type teams where there bad for years an years. The majority in here has already agreed that this is make or break for Locker this year. Hopefully its not as bad as CJ makes it out to seem but the reality is hes probably right

As much as it pains me to say, I think we should cut CJ. Judging by some of his recent comments, it sounds like he wants a change of scenery. It would also free up a ton of cap space for us to use on bigger needs. I doubt Munchak and company is going to cut him though. Munchak is on thin ice and I'll doubt he'll cut one of our best offensive players and face of the franchise.

Zach Brown-Injured (Out for Year)
Taylor Thompson-2 rec, 24 yards, 0 TDs

Joined Deshaun Watson bandwagon-9/27/14
Dionysus

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why on Earth do people keep thinking that cutting CJ is going to be some sort of great solution to a big portion of our problems? If we want to save money so bad, let's get rid of these dead weight players who are making a good chunk of change only to suck a$$. Guys like Amano, Griffin, Hasselbeck, Harris, etc., not your best offensive player. CJ is still our best weapon, and still a major threat in this league that defenses have to respect. But they don't have to be too afraid when they can get to him in the backfield almost as soon as the ball is snapped. And the sheer thought of believing that we can just bring in some ol' random RB and get better results than what CJ's had is completely asinine. If that were the case, any one of our current backups would have had better success than CJ, and you see how well that went. Again, if we quit thinking we can turn sh-t into shinola and seriously fix that O-line, we'll fix CJ...not that he's really "broken" or anything.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 84, 85, 86  Next
Page 16 of 86

Jump to: