Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The 2013 Off-Season Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 84, 85, 86  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MdTitansFan56

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Titans fan 617 wrote:
UTMoc10 wrote:
TwoToneBlue wrote:
So are these all in house hires? Just people moving around to different positions?

Jefferson is new - coached Calvin Johnson this year.

Henshaw used to coach here back in the 90's/early 2000's.

Quote:
George then coached the tight ends/offensive line for the Tennessee Titans in 1997 & 1998. In 1999 he was promoted to assistant head coach-running game. From 2000-2005 he was the assistant head coach offense for the Titans. In 2006-2007 George was the senior offensive assistant for the New Orleans Saints where he coached the running backs. Henshaw has coached every offensive position, coached on 9 teams that went to the playoffs, coached in the Pro Bowl 3 times and in the Super Bowl twice

http://www.ncsasports.org/Athletic-Director/recruiting-expert-bios/George-Henshaw

Croom is also new. He was RB at Jax last year.

Not trying to sound like a [inappropriate/removed] can it just doesnt take much to coach Calvin Johnson IMO. The rest of the Detroit WRs wernt to impressive

I was in the midst of posting the same exact thing about coaching Calvin..

This off season I've seen 1 thing from this organization/team. As an organization we are fine and content with being mediocre at best. Some players have come out to voice against this but from the top we are content with where we are at in mediocre inconsistency. It's sad really maybe it will change when free agency starts...

1. Alex Morgan 2.San Antonio Spurs 3. Chicago White Sox 4. Ohio State 5. Buckeyes 6. Philadelphia Flyers
TitanSlim

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Titans fan 617 wrote:
UTMoc10 wrote:
TwoToneBlue wrote:
So are these all in house hires? Just people moving around to different positions?

Jefferson is new - coached Calvin Johnson this year.

Henshaw used to coach here back in the 90's/early 2000's.

Quote:
George then coached the tight ends/offensive line for the Tennessee Titans in 1997 & 1998. In 1999 he was promoted to assistant head coach-running game. From 2000-2005 he was the assistant head coach offense for the Titans. In 2006-2007 George was the senior offensive assistant for the New Orleans Saints where he coached the running backs. Henshaw has coached every offensive position, coached on 9 teams that went to the playoffs, coached in the Pro Bowl 3 times and in the Super Bowl twice

http://www.ncsasports.org/Athletic-Director/recruiting-expert-bios/George-Henshaw

Croom is also new. He was RB at Jax last year.

Not trying to sound like a [inappropriate/removed] can it just doesnt take much to coach Calvin Johnson IMO. The rest of the Detroit WRs wernt to impressive

To give Jefferson the benefit of the doubt, Burleson got injured early in the season and Ryan Broyles was looking good before blowing out his ACL. Also, he can't help that Titus Young tried to sabotage the team and was basically suspended the rest of the year.

When the dust was settled he was left with Megatron and a bunch of scrubs(Mike Thomas,Kris Durham, Brian Robiskie).

Zach Brown-
Taylor Thompson-
Titans fan 617

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im not knocking the guy i just wont put coached Megatron on his resume but for sure he can help Britt Wright Will Hawk and Preston. Wash is the vet out of the group hes been solid the last few years he had a few bad games late but they all did Wash couldnt keep his feet in Cook had drops Britt had drops Wright and Will also couldnt keep there feet in but we have a solid core with or with out Britt if Britts not brought back Bowe has to be a priority for replacing Britt if Britt finds himself in more trouble this offseason

Sig by daboyle250

TITANIA FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIPS

Shaun Phillips:

Ropati Pitoitua:
justing101

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20130120/SPORTS01/301200048/Titans-offseason-will-focus-revamping-offensive-line

Maybe this year we will actually upgrade the o-line!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was just thinking how with CJ and Locker, you guys could be a fantastic read option team. Is that at all in the cards for you guys as this becomes a more legitimate offense?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GreenGold12 wrote:
I was just thinking how with CJ and Locker, you guys could be a fantastic read option team. Is that at all in the cards for you guys as this becomes a more legitimate offense?

Most likely not. Gotta have smart enough coaches to do that.
KingTitan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
GreenGold12 wrote:

It will go the way of the Wildcat....I don't fault coaches for not being trendy. Once it proves to be forever effective then fault the coaches for not doing it.

Rather have a real QB than a running one..
titanprodigy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
GreenGold12 wrote:

Agreed. Confused
Titans fan 617

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

titanprodigy wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:
GreenGold12 wrote:

Agreed. Confused

We tryed read option and even fake pitches or actual pitch plays towards the end of the season and we were terrible

Sig by daboyle250

TITANIA FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIPS

Shaun Phillips:

Ropati Pitoitua:
TitanSlim

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rumor has it that Darrelle Revis is on the trade block. What would you guys give up to get him, considering the fact that he's coming off an ACL injury.

Zach Brown-
Taylor Thompson-
TitanSS

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanSlim wrote:
Rumor has it that Darrelle Revis is on the trade block. What would you guys give up to get him, considering the fact that he's coming off an ACL injury.

Kenny Britt anyone
TitanSlim

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanSS wrote:
TitanSlim wrote:

Kenny Britt anyone

I was honestly thinking Kenny Britt and maybe a 2nd. The only problem I may have is that Revis will be looking for a massive contract.

Zach Brown-
Taylor Thompson-
TitanSS

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanSlim wrote:
TitanSS wrote:
TitanSlim wrote:

Kenny Britt anyone

I was honestly thinking Kenny Britt and maybe a 2nd. The only problem I may have is that Revis will be looking for a massive contract.

Coming off back to back injury plagued seasons they hopefully won't be asking for a lot. If they're trying to get rid of him that means there is value to be taken advantage of.

Just be happy the Patriots are in the Jets division, otherwise New England would end up getting him for a 4th rounder.
lamont

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Per rotoworld. I would pass on Revis if this is the asking price. Also he would eat up most of the cap space with his new contract.

Quote:
SI's Peter King says the Jets would "at least" want a first-round pick in exchange for Darrelle Revis.

**The #1 reason the Titans are my favorite team is #9. -- R.I.P Steve "Air" McNair**
Shout out to NS922 on da sig
TitanSS

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lamont wrote:
Per rotoworld. I would pass on Revis if this is the asking price. Also he would eat up most of the cap space with his new contract.

Quote:
SI's Peter King says the Jets would "at least" want a first-round pick in exchange for Darrelle Revis.

On ESPN radio today VanPelt was saying they were asking for a 2nd rounder.

Noone will give them a 1st his contract is too high and there is a risk of him not returning to form after the injury. If they are asking for a 1st it's possible they're just seeing what his street value is.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 84, 85, 86  Next
Page 15 of 86

Jump to: