Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The 2013 Off-Season Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 84, 85, 86  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lamont

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans0021 wrote:
Quote:
@RapSheet

Veteran pass-rusher John Abraham will visit the #Titans today and tomorrow, I'm told. Interesting...
Two-day visit immediately after freeing up some cap space by releasing Hawk. Something could very well get done by tomorrow.

Your right. I think they make him a offer within reason. If they get him, it makes Ruston a draft day genius by not overdrafting his board and reaching on a DE in this draft. Applause
They can have a rotation of Wimbley, Abraham, Morgan & Pitoitua. They can bring Edwards along slowly if they want. Soloman maybe the odd man out if Abraham is signed? I cannot see them keeping 6 DEs and Pitoitua can play DT/DE in a 3-4.

**The #1 reason the Titans are my favorite team is #9. -- R.I.P Steve "Air" McNair**
Shout out to NS922 on da sig
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans0021 wrote:
Quote:
@RapSheet

Veteran pass-rusher John Abraham will visit the #Titans today and tomorrow, I'm told. Interesting...
Two-day visit immediately after freeing up some cap space by releasing Hawk. Something could very well get done by tomorrow.

Yea I immediately thought of that. Two-day trip and with freeing up money and likely Amano gone and another WR soon. I think Abraham and Wimbley would split time 50-50 with Morgan manning the other side full-time.

Driver of the Brad Kaaya Hype Train
Adopt-A-Titan:
Bishop Sankey
DaQuan Jones
Titans fan 617

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Abraham will be a great pick up if the Titans can get this done. Hopefully Amano and a few others are released soon i dont even want to see that guy at camp just get him out of there

Sig by daboyle250

TITANIA FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIPS

Ropati Pitoitua: 12 Tackles 11 Assist 2 Sack
UTMoc10

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just makes too much sense for Abraham to be here for them not to get a deal done. He's getting old but he still had a great season last season in ATL.

I think we could still see Spoon, Ringer, Amano and DWill released soon.
Damian Stafford
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UTMoc10 wrote:
Just makes too much sense for Abraham to be here for them not to get a deal done. He's getting old but he still had a great season last season in ATL.

Both aren't on the team. Their FA's thank god.

Driver of the Brad Kaaya Hype Train
Adopt-A-Titan:
Bishop Sankey
DaQuan Jones
Titans fan 617

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
UTMoc10 wrote:

I didnt check i thought Ringer was still on the team because he was complaining about the Greene signing saying he wasnt given a far chance to be CJs back up or something along those lines i dont know why he said that he was hurt all last year the Titans obviously want something better but doesnt matter im happy with Greene im fine if Ringers not a Titan

Sig by daboyle250

TITANIA FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIPS

Ropati Pitoitua: 12 Tackles 11 Assist 2 Sack
therealdeal

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's a given they're going to offer him more money than the Patriots are.

He'll be in the rotation.. I think playing both sides though.

We're going to be pass rush heavy... (lots of blitzes)
SerenityNow

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Signing Abraham would just be the absolute icing on the cake to the best offseason I have ever seen from the Titans. I think that this was the best draft that we have ever had as a team and to be able to go out and sign one of the best pass rushers in the game after the draft would just be incredible. Abraham proved last year that he can still be a monster, and I'm going to be really excited to watch this defense next year as it is but adding Abraham to the mix would just put me through the roof with excitement for how much pressure we could potentially be getting on the QB. With two 4.4 linebackers coming off on blitzes in Brown and Gooden along with Morgan/Wimbley/Abraham coming off the edge we would have a deadly pass rush. Ruston has really been working magic this offseason, and I have the utmost confidence in him to get the team headed in the right direction.
s_camp

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Signing Abraham would be great. Signing him and Idonije would be super great. I'm still not convinced this team can rush the pass effectively and consistently.

Lots of chatter in this thread in NFL Gen about Chris Johnson being near the top of the league in rushing this season. One poster predicted 1700 yards. I'm hoping he doesn't get that many yards because we're too busy throwing it up and down the field, but it would be nice to see a solid running game. Interesting that the team's OL moves this offseason are so widely noticed, IMO. Usually not a lot of attention for the Titans. Then again, maybe this is the first time in a long time people like the moves we've made.
TitanLegend

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

s_camp wrote:
Signing Abraham would be great. Signing him and Idonije would be super great. I'm still not convinced this team can rush the pass effectively and consistently.

Lots of chatter in this thread in NFL Gen about Chris Johnson being near the top of the league in rushing this season. One poster predicted 1700 yards. I'm hoping he doesn't get that many yards because we're too busy throwing it up and down the field, but it would be nice to see a solid running game. Interesting that the team's OL moves this offseason are so widely noticed, IMO. Usually not a lot of attention for the Titans. Then again, maybe this is the first time in a long time people like the moves we've made.

If you're expecting to see us pass up and down the field, you're going to be disappointed. Munch and Co have already said they're going to more of a short to intermediate passing offense/more physical team overall/try to control time of possession. A lot like what we were in the late 90s/very early 00s when McNair was still developing, I would guess.
s_camp

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanLegend wrote:
s_camp wrote:

If you're expecting to see us pass up and down the field, you're going to be disappointed. Munch and Co have already said they're going to more of a short to intermediate passing offense/more physical team overall/try to control time of possession. A lot like what we were in the late 90s/very early 00s when McNair was still developing, I would guess.

C'mon, just let me dream.

I know they're not going to air it out all over. I was really just trying to say that I hope CJ hitting 1700 yards isn't the offensive highlight of the season. This team needs Locker to show up in a big way. That's much more important than CJ or any other RB being the best in the league.
UTMoc10

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Titans fan 617 wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:
UTMoc10 wrote:

I didnt check i thought Ringer was still on the team because he was complaining about the Greene signing saying he wasnt given a far chance to be CJs back up or something along those lines i dont know why he said that he was hurt all last year the Titans obviously want something better but doesnt matter im happy with Greene im fine if Ringers not a Titan

I thought Ringer was under contract too. Woops.
Damian Stafford
titans0021

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be thrilled if CJ runs for 1,700 yards. Likely means that we are controlling time of possession and also in either close games or building leads a heck of a lot more frequently than last year. With the offensive line we have assembled, I'm fine with running as long as it's effective. Obviously I'd love Locker to put up huge numbers, but a ton of success on the ground will almost certainly help Jake even more.

And God I would love John Abraham. Would be such a perfect cap to this offseason.
titans0021

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
@RapSheet 40m

From Total Access: Abraham's visit to #Titans is to kick his tires, see what's left. Don't be surprised if they do same with Dwight Freeney

Not sure I buy that. The timing, combined with the fact that it's a two-day visit, makes me think it is a bit more than that.
therealdeal

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bring 2.. in hopes one lowers their asking price... That one being Abraham

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 84, 85, 86  Next
Page 85 of 86

Jump to: