Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The 2013 Off-Season Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 75, 76, 77 ... 84, 85, 86  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TwoToneBlue

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lamont wrote:
titans0021 wrote:
If we're looking this hard at wide receivers, I'm kind of baffled why we haven't brought in Brandon Lloyd or DHB. Would make much more sense IMO.

Neither guy of those guys play the slot. Which is what the Titans are looking for on the free agent market at WR. DHB had the scary concussion last season and Lloyd is rumored to be bipolar.

Yeah, everything I've read indicates that they want to move Wright outside and find a slot receiver. Tavon Austin @ 10? Wink

Adopt-A-Titan:
1) Dexter McCluster
titans0021

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lamont wrote:
titans0021 wrote:
If we're looking this hard at wide receivers, I'm kind of baffled why we haven't brought in Brandon Lloyd or DHB. Would make much more sense IMO.

Neither guy of those guys play the slot. Which is what the Titans are looking for on the free agent market at WR. DHB had the scary concussion last season and Lloyd is rumored to be bipolar.
DHB can probably play the slot just as well as Nate. I've never really thought of Chaz Schillens as a slot receiver either, and his injury history is far more impressive than DHB's.

I guess I just don't see the value in guys like Stokley, Walter or Schillens. If we're going to go out of our way to sign a receiver, I would rather it be someone that can actually be productive.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TwoToneBlue wrote:
lamont wrote:
titans0021 wrote:

Yeah, everything I've read indicates that they want to move Wright outside and find a slot receiver. Tavon Austin @ 10? Wink

I wouldn't mind it at all.

1. Tavon Austin
2. Larry Warford

and make Wright our other outside WR

or

1.Warmack/Cooper
2. Hunter/Williams

and make Wright our slot WR.

If we draft a WR in the first 3 rounds I expect Nate to be traded during the draft.

Props to "Peppers90" on the sig
DannyWallace

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UTMoc10 wrote:
TwoToneBlue wrote:
lamont wrote:
titans0021 wrote:

I wouldn't mind it at all.

1. Tavon Austin
2. Larry Warford

and make Wright our other outside WR

or

1.Warmack/Cooper
2. Hunter/Williams

and make Wright our slot WR.

If we draft a WR in the first 3 rounds I expect Nate to be traded during the draft.

I never thought I'd say this but I'm actually okay with taking a WR in the first round again and selecting Tavon Austin at 10. I've warmed up to the idea of Larry Warford in the second and before I was saying BPA at 10 but Tavon Austin makes a ton of sense with what we want to do in the passing game. It gives Locker another target most importantly, but it also gives our offense a player that can take short/intermediate passes to the house on any given play. Austin would be an additional explosive game-changer to CJ.

An offense that features a healthy Kenny Britt, a consistent Kendall Wright, a revamped offensive-line, reliable TE/H-Backs in Walker and Stevens, big time play makers in Austin and CJ, a solid short yardage back in Greene and hopefully a much improved Jake Locker .. on paper, that's one of the scarier looking offenses in the league if we can keep that unit healthy, IMO.

We've addressed big time needs on the defensive line and with our safety group. I'm not sure of which players to take but my ideal mock would look something like;

1st: Tavon Austin
2nd: Larry Warford
3rd: CB
3rd comp: DE
4th: DT
5th: LB
6th comp: S
7th: TE
7th comp: DE/LB

Combine a solid draft class that looks something like that, with our free agency period and I'm the happiest fan in the world.
justing101

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I never thought I'd say this but I'm actually okay with taking a WR in the first round again and selecting Tavon Austin at 10. I've warmed up to the idea of Larry Warford in the second and before I was saying BPA at 10 but Tavon Austin makes a ton of sense with what we want to do in the passing game. It gives Locker another target most importantly, but it also gives our offense a player that can take short/intermediate passes to the house on any given play. Austin would be an additional explosive game-changer to CJ.

An offense that features a healthy Kenny Britt, a consistent Kendall Wright, a revamped offensive-line, reliable TE/H-Backs in Walker and Stevens, big time play makers in Austin and CJ, a solid short yardage back in Greene and hopefully a much improved Jake Locker .. on paper, that's one of the scarier looking offenses in the league if we can keep that unit healthy, IMO.

We've addressed big time needs on the defensive line and with our safety group. I'm not sure of which players to take but my ideal mock would look something like;

Combine a solid draft class that looks something like that, with our free agency period and I'm the happiest fan in the world.

1. Tavon Austin, WR
2. Larry Warford, RG
3. Jordan Poyer, CB
3.* Brandon Williams, DT
4. Devin Taylor, DE
5. Jonathan Bostic, MLB
(6). Cameron Lawrence, OLB or Jelani Jenkins, OLB - Trade Nate Washington for a 6th
6.* Josh Evans, S
7. Mychal Rivera, TE
7.* Quanterus Smith, DE

Cool

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the talks of creating more short-intermediate routes to allow us to consistently move the chains I love the idea of taking Austin in the 1st. He can take a short pass and get good YAC.

Add in some wrinkles of the 'Skins and 'Hawks offenses's and I think we will see a completely different team next season.

I would love to upgrade our D more, but with so many signings I don't think we take a DL in the first round unless Star falls. As it is we're probably going to send Clayton back to PS or cut him and Klug because we have so many bodies. Crying or Very sad

Honestly, I wouldn't be shocked if Warmack and Cooper fell to the bottom of the 1st a la (the greatest guard ever) DeCastro. Plus there is a ton of value on the OL this year so I'm not taking a OG at #10.

Ideally this would be my first few rounds right now.

1. Austin - WR
2. Slay/Poyer/Banks - DB
3. Schwenke/Long/Winters - OG
3. Goodman DE.

Props to "Peppers90" on the sig
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
SteelKing728 wrote:
I've just randomly came here to say I'm boldly picking you guys to make the playoffs this year as the #6 seed.

Just saying.

Good luck

Adrian Peterson>Chris Johnson Wink

You loving our offseason too huh? I'm waiting to see what we do in the draft to decide if we can make the playoffs. Also Locker needs to improve dramatically.

We're kind of in the same boat.

If Ponder and Locker play well this year, perhaps to the level which there draft stock dictates, I think both teams can make the playoffs.

I was kinda bummed when Locker was out against us last season. He's a lot better than Hasselbeck and I wanted to see this supposed "competition" between the 2011 QB class.

I'm rooting for you guys. I think you'll shock a lot of people this year.

oh, and btw Adrian Peterson>Jonathan Dwyer>Chris Johnson>Toby Gerhart. Laughing

Not your typical Vikings anymore.
TT4Life7

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelKing728 wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:
SteelKing728 wrote:
I've just randomly came here to say I'm boldly picking you guys to make the playoffs this year as the #6 seed.

Just saying.

Good luck

Adrian Peterson>Chris Johnson Wink

You loving our offseason too huh? I'm waiting to see what we do in the draft to decide if we can make the playoffs. Also Locker needs to improve dramatically.

We're kind of in the same boat.

If Ponder and Locker play well this year, perhaps to the level which there draft stock dictates, I think both teams can make the playoffs.

I was kinda bummed when Locker was out against us last season. He's a lot better than Hasselbeck and I wanted to see this supposed "competition" between the 2011 QB class.

I'm rooting for you guys. I think you'll shock a lot of people this year.

oh, and btw Adrian Peterson>Jonathan Dwyer>Chris Johnson>Toby Gerhart. Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20130328/SPORTS01/303280057/Free-agency-analysis-Titans-filled-gaps-work-remains?nclick_check=1

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually have Chris Johnson with Jonathan Dwyer as his backup in Madden right now. Dwyer tears it up. Goal-line machine. 20 TDs a year. I'm thinking of just trading Johnson now. So the man has a point -- if you play Madden...

Ockham wrote:
Yeah. We wouldn't want a power run blocker. We prefer the ole' let CJ get hit in the backfeild type run blocker. My bad.
SARGO127

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we are looking at guard at #10, why not trade back and pick up Cooper or Chance and pick up an extra 3rd in the process?

Trade back with Stl Louis or something..

1. Cooper
2. Eifert
Trade back up in the 2nd using a 3rd + pick next year
2. Hunter

Then attack the DL, Secondary, and LB core with the remaining picks.

ADOPT a TITAN: DT Casey, LB McCarthy
DannyWallace

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justing101 wrote:
Quote:

1. Tavon Austin, WR
2. Larry Warford, RG
3. Jordan Poyer, CB
3.* Brandon Williams, DT
4. Devin Taylor, DE
5. Jonathan Bostic, MLB
(6). Cameron Lawrence, OLB or Jelani Jenkins, OLB - Trade Nate Washington for a 6th
6.* Josh Evans, S
7. Mychal Rivera, TE
7.* Quanterus Smith, DE

Cool

I'd be fine with you as Titans GM Laughing
justing101

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DannyWallace wrote:
justing101 wrote:
Quote:

1. Tavon Austin, WR
2. Larry Warford, RG
3. Jordan Poyer, CB
3.* Brandon Williams, DT
4. Devin Taylor, DE
5. Jonathan Bostic, MLB
6.* Josh Evans, S
7. Mychal Rivera, TE
7.* Quanterus Smith, DE

Cool

I'd be fine with you as Titans GM Laughing

Just give me a couple more years. I'll get there Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This talk of Tavon Austin is a little silly. Tavon Austin and Kendall Wright are pretty similar players, regardless of if you think one is better, they're similar players. There's no reason to draft slot WR's back to back.

If we're going to draft a WR it needs to be a big one. Locker has a tendency of missing high on throws. Why would you then make his top 3 targets of the future (Wright, Austin, and D. Walker) all 6'0 or shorter?

Justin Hunter in the second would be pretty awesome after hopefully Warmack/Milliner/Ansah in the 1st. IMO he's excellent Kenny Britt insurance sans baggage.

**RIP Steve McNair**
Titans fan 617

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only argument i make with Wright is we dont use him as a slot WR. And for us to get Hunter in the 2nd would be a nice pick up im just not sure if he makes it that far but would be a nice pick to get in the 2nd

Sig by daboyle250

TITANIA FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIPS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 75, 76, 77 ... 84, 85, 86  Next
Page 76 of 86

Jump to: