Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The 2013 Off-Season Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 73, 74, 75 ... 84, 85, 86  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Iceman88

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justing101 wrote:
Quote:
Thank you. Look at the 49ers and how they have built both of their OL and DL. Their DL and LBs make up for an average secondary. In this era of the NFL it is hard to have a elite defense on all 3 levels. One of the levels (DL, LB, DB) is not going to be up to par. A great front seven on defense is more important than a great secondary. IMO.

The Titans have a super opportunity to build both a great OL and DL in one offseason. They can solidify both lines in the 1st two rounds by going.

1st round: Chance or Cooper on offense
Star or Floyd on defense

or

2nd round: Warford or Kyle Long on offense
Margus Hunt, Jesse Williams or Sylvester Williams on defense

Whether they go OL or DL in the 1st they can address the other position in the 2nd. Then go after a SS, WR, MLB with the next 3 picks in no particular order.

I want Star or Floyd in the first. Warford is the second. Then DB, WR, MLB. That would be amazing.

Just get rid of the or Floyd....honestly I am not getting the love for him he looks like a player that is going to be a bust. If we go for DT it better be Star.

Props to Kempes ^
lamont

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iceman88 wrote:
justing101 wrote:
Quote:
Thank you. Look at the 49ers and how they have built both of their OL and DL. Their DL and LBs make up for an average secondary. In this era of the NFL it is hard to have a elite defense on all 3 levels. One of the levels (DL, LB, DB) is not going to be up to par. A great front seven on defense is more important than a great secondary. IMO.

The Titans have a super opportunity to build both a great OL and DL in one offseason. They can solidify both lines in the 1st two rounds by going.

Star or Floyd on defense

or

Whether they go OL or DL in the 1st they can address the other position in the 2nd. Then go after a SS, WR, MLB with the next 3 picks in no particular order.

I want Star or Floyd in the first. Warford is the second. Then DB, WR, MLB. That would be amazing.

Just get rid of the or Floyd....honestly I am not getting the love for him he looks like a player that is going to be a bust. If we go for DT it better be Star.

I am not sold on Floyd either, but I like him better than Ansah. If Star, Warmack & Cooper are gone I could live with Floyd at #10.

**The #1 reason the Titans are my favorite team is #9. -- R.I.P Steve "Air" McNair**
Shout out to NS922 on da sig
Iceman88

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lamont wrote:
Iceman88 wrote:
justing101 wrote:
Quote:

Star or Floyd on defense

or

I am not sold on Floyd either, but I like him better than Ansah. If Star, Warmack & Cooper are gone I could live with Floyd at #10.

How have you watched tape on Ansah? He is by far my favorite player in this draft. And if you watch the tape on both players you come away impressed with Ansah and utterly unimpressed with Floyd, he has major issues in his game. Ansah is a physical monster that will only continue to grow and on top of that he is a great person as well.

Props to Kempes ^
justing101

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
lamont wrote:
justing101 wrote:
Quote:

Star or Floyd on defense

or

Great minds think alike. Wink Laughing

Add Richardson and Jesse Williams to Star and Floyd and I agree. My list of DT's in order....

1.) Star
2.) Richardson
3.) Floyd
4.) Jesse Williams

Drafting Jesse Williams at 10 is one of the few things that would disappoint me greatly.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iceman88 wrote:
lamont wrote:
Iceman88 wrote:
justing101 wrote:
Quote:

Star or Floyd on defense

or

How have you watched tape on Ansah? He is by far my favorite player in this draft. And if you watch the tape on both players you come away impressed with Ansah and utterly unimpressed with Floyd, he has major issues in his game. Ansah is a physical monster that will only continue to grow and on top of that he is a great person as well.

Yes I have watched him play. I watched the Utah game (was actually watching game to look at Star), Notre Dame game and their bowl game against San Diego State this past season. He is not a 3 down player yet. He will not start in front of Morgan or Wimbley this year. If they take him at #10, they are risking a pick on a project. Which is what Ansah is right now. 2 or 3 years from now he maybe the 2nd coming of Julius Peppers, but in March 2013 he is not. IMO.

**The #1 reason the Titans are my favorite team is #9. -- R.I.P Steve "Air" McNair**
Shout out to NS922 on da sig
TitanLegend

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not even sure Williams is a lock to go in the first round. If we took him, I hope it would only be because we traded back in to the late 20s.
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing I knew my Williams love wouldn't get much praise around here. Elite run-stuffer and can take on double teams every play. If he was asked to rush the passer at Alabama, he'd most definitely be getting higher praise. Millard will work with him on his pass-rush moves and make him a beast. He reminds me a lot of Ngata.
KingTitan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
Laughing I knew my Williams love wouldn't get much praise around here. Elite run-stuffer and can take on double teams every play. If he was asked to rush the passer at Alabama, he'd most definitely be getting higher praise. Millard will work with him on his pass-rush moves and make him a beast. He reminds me a lot of Ngata.

Actually.....
I love Williams myself. He is a monster to block. Seems like he just pushes dudes like little kids.

I like him. A lot!
Iceman88

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:

Actually.....
I love Williams myself. He is a monster to block. Seems like he just pushes dudes like little kids.

I like him. A lot!

I agree as well Williams is a monster....but he is not worth pick number 10 and I think the steelers will take him at 17

Props to Kempes ^
justing101

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As of right now in the offseason our depth chart:

QB: Jake Locker, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Rusty Smith, Nathan Enderle
RB: Chris Johnson, Shonn Greene, Jamie Harper, Darius Reynaud, Darren Evans
FB: Quinn Johnson, Collin Mooney
WR: Kenny Britt, Kendall Wright, Nate Washington, Damian Williams, Kevin Walter, Lavelle Hawkins, Michael Preston, Marc Mariani
TE: Delanie Walker, Craig Stevens, Taylor Thompson, Brandon Barden
LT: Michael Roos, Mike Otto, Daniel Baldridge
LG: Andy Levitre, Chris Spencer
C: Fernando Velasco, Eugene Amano
RG: Robert Turner, Kasey Studdard
RT: David Stewart, Byron Stingily

LE: Derrick Morgan, Keyunta Dawson, Scott Solomon
RE: Kamerion Wimbley, Ropati Pitoitua, Thaddeus Gibson
DT: Jurrell Casey, Sammie Hill, Mike Martin, Karl Klug, DaJohn Harris, Zach Clayton
ROLB: Zach Brown
MLB: Colin McCarthy, Moise Fokou, Tim Shaw
LOLB: Akeem Ayers, Patrick Bailey
CB: Jason McCourty, Alterraun Verner, Coty Sensabaugh, Tommie Campbell
FS: Michael Griffin, Markelle Martin, Robert Johnson, Tracy Wilson
SS: Bernard Pollard, George Wilson, Al Afalava, Suaesi Tuimaunei

K: Rob Bironas
P: Brett Kern
LS: Beau Brinkley
KR/PR: Darius Reynaud, Marc Mariani

Looking at this we still need:
G
DE
DT
CB
LB
WR

Cap room: "The Titans have about $7 million to $8 million of salary cap room available."

Last edited by justing101 on Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:09 pm; edited 2 times in total
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just randomly came here to say I'm boldly picking you guys to make the playoffs this year as the #6 seed.

Just saying.

Good luck

Adrian Peterson>Chris Johnson Wink

Not your typical Vikings anymore.
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelKing728 wrote:
I've just randomly came here to say I'm boldly picking you guys to make the playoffs this year as the #6 seed.

Just saying.

Good luck

You loving our offseason too huh? I'm waiting to see what we do in the draft to decide if we can make the playoffs. Also Locker needs to improve dramatically.
Finnerception

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelKing728 wrote:

Chris Johnson > Adrian Peterson > Jonathan Dwyer Wink

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
SteelKing728 wrote:

Just saying.

Good luck

You loving our offseason too huh? I'm waiting to see what we do in the draft to decide if we can make the playoffs. Also Locker needs to improve dramatically.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000153155/article/will-jake-locker-run-readoption-for-tennessee-titans

Hopefully this will help his development this year and give him some confidence knowing that NFL defenses are afraid of his talent. Last year watching him, granted he was injured, it just looked like he was flustered in the pocket and when you watch that on game tape, they know they are getting in his head. Maybe with some read option elements it will gain him some confidence and momentum from game 1. I really think he can thrive in that kind of offense. But we have heard from the organization in the past that the "vanilla offense" will change...and it hasn't. I'm also REALLY hoping that injured arm was hurting his accuracy issues, because you have to put it on the numbers, or you're toast.
titans0021

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Little concerned about the injury risk, but we've added a couple players that are great at blocking in space and getting to the second level (Levitre, Walker) and it's just another twist to the offense that should make things easier in the passing game. With a better backup QB this year, I think it's a risk that's worth taking simply because of what it could do for our offense.

2014 Adopt-a-Titans
1. Justin Hunter, WR - 0 receptions, 0 yards, 0 touchdowns
2. Brian Schwenke, C.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 73, 74, 75 ... 84, 85, 86  Next
Page 74 of 86

Jump to: