Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The 2013 Off-Season Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 84, 85, 86  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KingTitan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UTMoc10 wrote:
All I know is if we stick with Jerry Gray instead of bringing in Rob Ryan I'll be pissed. Evil or Very Mad

What has Rob Ryan done beside be Rex's brother. Saw a stat where when he is the defensive Coordinator the team he is on have been below .500 winning percentage.

Nothing in Dallas or Cleveland made me say "WE GOT TO GET HIM!" He has a name and a mouth. Outside of that, nothing special.
UTMoc10

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's done a hell of a lot more than Gray. We need someone to give our guys an attitude out there.
I'd rather have the 14th ranked D than the 31st or 32nd.

Plus the guy has worked for the Raiders and Browns. His production is going to be a little skewed by the horrific offenses on his team.

The QB's of teams his coached...

Kerry Collins - Bleh
Jamarcus Russel - Historic Bust
Derek Anderson - Bleh
Tony Romo - Choke Artist

Props to "Peppers90" on the sig
KingTitan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UTMoc10 wrote:
He's done a hell of a lot more than Gray. We need someone to give our guys an attitude out there.

Plus the guy has worked for the Raiders and Browns. His production is going to be a little skewed by the horrific offenses on his team.

Kerry Collins - Bleh
Derek Anderson - Bleh
Tony Romo - Choke Artist

Still, I'd look at his defenses. I'd argue the Cowboys have better talent than we do on Defense yet, they are middle of the road.

I just think he isn't anything to gush over. Only reason I'd take him is because he used to coach at Tennessee State University! GO BIG BLUE!..lol
UTMoc10

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
UTMoc10 wrote:

Kerry Collins - Bleh
Derek Anderson - Bleh
Tony Romo - Choke Artist

Still, I'd look at his defenses. I'd argue the Cowboys have better talent than we do on Defense yet, they are middle of the road.

I just think he isn't anything to gush over. Only reason I'd take him is because he used to coach at Tennessee State University! GO BIG BLUE!..lol

I know his defenses have been mildly lackluster, but the offenses play a big part in that. If you have an offense that can't stay on the field you're screwed.

I do know that he helped produce Willie McGinest and Teddy Bruschi. I wouldn't mind a mind like that working with Brown and Ayers.

Props to "Peppers90" on the sig
KingTitan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UTMoc10 wrote:
I know his defenses have been mildly lackluster, but the offenses play a big part in that. If you have an offense that can't stay on the field you're screwed.

I do know that he helped produce Willie McGinest and Teddy Bruschi. I wouldn't mind a mind like that working with Brown and Ayers.

Last I looked our offense wasn't anything to write home about either...lol

I'm just not sold on him. If you can't be a good X and O coach, you have to be a good motivator at least. I don't see that from Ryan. His brother yeah, not from from Rob though.

I like how Frank Bush is working with Brown and Ayers. They seem to be doing just fine with him as their positional coach.

Also, remember, Bud is still owner and he holds grudges. I don't know how he feels about Pappa Ryan, but if he doesn't like Buddy Ryan, then he not going to want his son.
lamont

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
UTMoc10 wrote:

Last I looked our offense wasn't anything to write home about either...lol

I'm just not sold on him. If you can't be a good X and O coach, you have to be a good motivator at least. I don't see that from Ryan. His brother yeah, not from from Rob though.

I like how Frank Bush is working with Brown and Ayers. They seem to be doing just fine with him as their positional coach.

Also, remember, Bud is still owner and he holds grudges. I don't know how he feels about Pappa Ryan, but if he doesn't like Buddy Ryan, then he not going to want his son.

I would imagine he likes Buddy. Remember Buddy punched Kevin Gilbride on the sidelines in Houston back in the day on Bud's team sideline. Bud likes to flash the double barrels to opposing teams from his suite. They are two shot from the hip type guys. I bet they are two peas in a pod. Laughing

**The #1 reason the Titans are my favorite team is #9. -- R.I.P Steve "Air" McNair**
Shout out to NS922 on da sig
lamont

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
@jwyattsports
RGIII isn't the only QB having surgery today. #Titans QB Jake Locker's left shoulder also being operated on. Team hoping he's back by May

Also Lake Dawson is interviewing for Carolina GM position today.

**The #1 reason the Titans are my favorite team is #9. -- R.I.P Steve "Air" McNair**
Shout out to NS922 on da sig
TitanSS

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why are we even talking about Rob Ryan? He is the brother of a good DC and a below average coordinator himself. Nothing more.
Ockham

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why not look at Kirby Smart as Defensive Coordinator? At least his DB's looked like they were trying to cover people.

stallyns wrote:
Cortland Finnegan signs with the Rams, the division just got classier.
TwoToneBlue

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ockham wrote:
Why not look at Kirby Smart as Defensive Coordinator? At least his DB's looked like they were trying to cover people.

Honestly, the first person that told me they wanted to line our DB's closer than 10 yards away from the receiver would be my hire.

Adopt-A-Titan:
1) Dexter McCluster
Ockham

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about letting Hasselbeck be 2ndQB/QBCoach next year transitioning to QB coach the following year?

stallyns wrote:
Cortland Finnegan signs with the Rams, the division just got classier.
TitanSlim

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
@jwyattsports
The #Titans have relieved linebackers coach Frank Bush of his duties, sources say

Why would we let go of the one defensive coach that's coached the best unit of our defensive? I'm just not getting what we're doing with this staff.

Actually I think I may have figured it out. We're clearly either Tanking for Teddy or Clowning Around for Clowney.
s_camp

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wyatt reporting on twitter that Frank Bush has been fired. One of you twitter literate (twitterate?) people will have to grab the link.

Strange move, IMO. I felt like the LBs were about the only group that managed to not get worse recently, and in fact showed a bit of improvement.

Edit: Or TitanSlim could beat me to it.
KingTitan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanSlim wrote:
Quote:
@jwyattsports
The #Titans have relieved linebackers coach Frank Bush of his duties, sources say

Why would we let go of the one defensive coach that's coached the best unit of our defensive? I'm just not getting what we're doing with this staff.

Actually I think I may have figured it out. We're clearly either Tanking for Teddy or Clowning Around for Clowney.

Bad move.

Zach and Ayers were the best defensive players pretty much at LB.
Either Munch feels they are just good regardless of coaching or knows something the production doesn't tell.
justing101

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Idiot franchises make idiot moves

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 84, 85, 86  Next
Page 8 of 86

Jump to: