Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The 2013 Off-Season Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 84, 85, 86  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
-Hope-

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

titansNvolsR#1 wrote:
I would love a Matt Flynn signing to push Locker and likely start.

Disagree. I want Locker to have a nice offseason where he can focus on honing his craft and not have to have a QB competition in the back of his mind.

People are quickly forgetting how good Locker looked early in the season. He looked like he was close to turning the corner.

I'm not saying he's the answer, but a stable offseason/season will help us figure that out more than another QB battle would, IMO.

skywindO2 wrote:
Never spit it out. Always power through it.
titansNvolsR#1

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

-Hope- wrote:
titansNvolsR#1 wrote:

Disagree. I want Locker to have a nice offseason where he can focus on honing his craft and not have to have a QB competition in the back of his mind.

People are quickly forgetting how good Locker looked early in the season. He looked like he was close to turning the corner.

I'm not saying he's the answer, but a stable offseason/season will help us figure that out more than another QB battle would, IMO.

Obviously Locker is going to be the #1 going into the competition, but if he's so easily shaken that he'd fall apart at the idea of someone gunning for his job, we're better off without him.
-Hope-

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

titansNvolsR#1 wrote:
-Hope- wrote:
titansNvolsR#1 wrote:

Obviously Locker is going to be the #1 going into the competition, but if he's so easily shaken that he'd fall apart at the idea of someone gunning for his job, we're better off without him.

Fair enough. I don't know, I feel like we have more important things to attend to. If Locker craps the bed next season, it'll be pretty clear what we need to do, and Matt Flynn just doesn't seem like a long-term answer to anything.

skywindO2 wrote:
MdTitansFan56

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want Locker to have another chance, I feel like he could be the answer with the right coordinator. Like Hope said he looked good at the beginning of the year and also showed flashes throughout the year. Things to consider our oline was decimated 4 of 5 starters gone. Our OC was awful and maybe the shoulder injury really got to him. I know it was the none throwing shoulder but has anyone actually had a shoulder injury? I tore mine and you can't even run with out it bothering you so take all this into account I still think he can be the man. Not to mention it was his first year starting. Hope I'm right haha

1. Alex Morgan 2.San Antonio Spurs 3. Chicago White Sox 4. Ohio State 5. Buckeyes 6. Philadelphia Flyers
titansNvolsR#1

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forget the Flynn idea. He might get us a few more wins. Ride with Locker, get the #1 pick next year, draft Teddy Bridgewater. Oh my...
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titansNvolsR#1 wrote:
Forget the Flynn idea. He might get us a few more wins. Ride with Locker, get the #1 pick next year, draft Teddy Bridgewater. Oh my...

Like I said in the other thread, rather have Clowney if we picked #1.
titansNvolsR#1

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
titansNvolsR#1 wrote:

No way. You have the chance to draft a franchise QB, you do it. Houston has the best DE in the game and their lack of a big time QB will be what holds them back.
RuskieTitan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titansNvolsR#1 wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:
titansNvolsR#1 wrote:

No way. You have the chance to draft a franchise QB, you do it. Houston has the best DE in the game and their lack of a big time QB will be what holds them back.

Yeah, watching Bridgewater carry that team...

Locker is a good guy, but Teddy will win Super Bowls.

^^ryknowssd^^
Supporter of the Death Penalty in CFB
FF Hunger Games I Winner

titans0021 wrote:
Official Order
1.Michael Griffin

#JDI
TitanLegend

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most impressive aspect of Bridgewater, is as athletic as he is, it's not his biggest asset.

He's as clutch as it gets as well.
-Hope-

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanLegend wrote:
Most impressive aspect of Bridgewater, is as athletic as he is, it's not his biggest asset.

He's as clutch as it gets as well.

On the bright side, if Locker blows it next year we'll probably be in position to get him. Laughing

skywindO2 wrote:
deeluxx3

Hot Shot Crew
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bridgewater is unbelievable. That accuracy is astounding

RIP Crakburn & BoYz2tHeBoWl
RIP Steve "Air" McNair...the greatest Titan of all-time
titanprodigy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coming from a Locker non-supporter. You have to stick it out with him at least one more year. This was essentially his "rookie season." If he doesn't show dramatic improvement next season, we at least used a draft and free agent cap space on quality guys that could surround the next QB we bring in 2014.
Buckeyeboy89

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before anyone can give locker a fair evaluation we have to give him an atleast decent OL.

We have done that.

Football College or Pro starts from the trenches. a good or great offensive line can cover up a lot inefficiencies or deffencies. A good OL can can make a sub par RB/WR good but a great WR cant make a OL good.

We have to put some resources in our OL this year. We have tried the method of devloping and not paying them and letting them go elsewhere. And we have Stuck but Harris and Amano which we simply can not rely on anymore.

We have to make upgrades on the interior OL period.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

titansNvolsR#1 wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:
titansNvolsR#1 wrote:

I haven't watched Bridgewater enough to know if he's going to be a sure thing, but Clowney is as close as it gets to that as there will have been since Luck I suppose. Not sure if Bridgewater comes out or not, but Clowney will barring injury or setback.
UTMoc10

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RB coach Jim Skipper has been told his contract won't be renewed via Jim Wyatt
Kendall Wright - 25 catches 223 yards, 3TD
Damian Stafford - 3 tackles

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 84, 85, 86  Next
Page 3 of 86

Jump to: