Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The 2013 Off-Season Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 84, 85, 86  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
-Hope-


Joined: 16 Feb 2007
Posts: 21596
Location: The []_[]
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

titansNvolsR#1 wrote:
I would love a Matt Flynn signing to push Locker and likely start.

Disagree. I want Locker to have a nice offseason where he can focus on honing his craft and not have to have a QB competition in the back of his mind.

People are quickly forgetting how good Locker looked early in the season. He looked like he was close to turning the corner.

I'm not saying he's the answer, but a stable offseason/season will help us figure that out more than another QB battle would, IMO.
_________________

skywindO2 wrote:
Never spit it out. Always power through it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
titansNvolsR#1


Joined: 26 Nov 2005
Posts: 12302
Location: Kuwait City
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

-Hope- wrote:
titansNvolsR#1 wrote:
I would love a Matt Flynn signing to push Locker and likely start.

Disagree. I want Locker to have a nice offseason where he can focus on honing his craft and not have to have a QB competition in the back of his mind.

People are quickly forgetting how good Locker looked early in the season. He looked like he was close to turning the corner.

I'm not saying he's the answer, but a stable offseason/season will help us figure that out more than another QB battle would, IMO.


Obviously Locker is going to be the #1 going into the competition, but if he's so easily shaken that he'd fall apart at the idea of someone gunning for his job, we're better off without him.
_________________
My Student wrote:
Give your girlfriend my number, Mr. Garrett. I may be 12, but she deserves a real man. Not someone that gives homework in Math and Science the same night.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
-Hope-


Joined: 16 Feb 2007
Posts: 21596
Location: The []_[]
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

titansNvolsR#1 wrote:
-Hope- wrote:
titansNvolsR#1 wrote:
I would love a Matt Flynn signing to push Locker and likely start.

Disagree. I want Locker to have a nice offseason where he can focus on honing his craft and not have to have a QB competition in the back of his mind.

People are quickly forgetting how good Locker looked early in the season. He looked like he was close to turning the corner.

I'm not saying he's the answer, but a stable offseason/season will help us figure that out more than another QB battle would, IMO.


Obviously Locker is going to be the #1 going into the competition, but if he's so easily shaken that he'd fall apart at the idea of someone gunning for his job, we're better off without him.

Fair enough. I don't know, I feel like we have more important things to attend to. If Locker craps the bed next season, it'll be pretty clear what we need to do, and Matt Flynn just doesn't seem like a long-term answer to anything.
_________________

skywindO2 wrote:
Never spit it out. Always power through it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MdTitansFan56


Joined: 31 Jul 2011
Posts: 1450
Location: Maryland
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want Locker to have another chance, I feel like he could be the answer with the right coordinator. Like Hope said he looked good at the beginning of the year and also showed flashes throughout the year. Things to consider our oline was decimated 4 of 5 starters gone. Our OC was awful and maybe the shoulder injury really got to him. I know it was the none throwing shoulder but has anyone actually had a shoulder injury? I tore mine and you can't even run with out it bothering you so take all this into account I still think he can be the man. Not to mention it was his first year starting. Hope I'm right haha
_________________

1. Alex Morgan 2.San Antonio Spurs 3. Chicago White Sox 4. Ohio State 5. Buckeyes 6. Philadelphia Flyers
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
titansNvolsR#1


Joined: 26 Nov 2005
Posts: 12302
Location: Kuwait City
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forget the Flynn idea. He might get us a few more wins. Ride with Locker, get the #1 pick next year, draft Teddy Bridgewater. Oh my...
_________________
My Student wrote:
Give your girlfriend my number, Mr. Garrett. I may be 12, but she deserves a real man. Not someone that gives homework in Math and Science the same night.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ttitansfan4life


Joined: 30 Dec 2009
Posts: 25101
Location: Delaware
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titansNvolsR#1 wrote:
Forget the Flynn idea. He might get us a few more wins. Ride with Locker, get the #1 pick next year, draft Teddy Bridgewater. Oh my...


Like I said in the other thread, rather have Clowney if we picked #1.
_________________
Adopt-A-Titan:
Bishop Sankey
DaQuan Jones
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
titansNvolsR#1


Joined: 26 Nov 2005
Posts: 12302
Location: Kuwait City
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
titansNvolsR#1 wrote:
Forget the Flynn idea. He might get us a few more wins. Ride with Locker, get the #1 pick next year, draft Teddy Bridgewater. Oh my...


Like I said in the other thread, rather have Clowney if we picked #1.


No way. You have the chance to draft a franchise QB, you do it. Houston has the best DE in the game and their lack of a big time QB will be what holds them back.
_________________
My Student wrote:
Give your girlfriend my number, Mr. Garrett. I may be 12, but she deserves a real man. Not someone that gives homework in Math and Science the same night.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RuskieTitan


Joined: 29 Apr 2007
Posts: 38037
Location: Front lines of Titania
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titansNvolsR#1 wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:
titansNvolsR#1 wrote:
Forget the Flynn idea. He might get us a few more wins. Ride with Locker, get the #1 pick next year, draft Teddy Bridgewater. Oh my...


Like I said in the other thread, rather have Clowney if we picked #1.


No way. You have the chance to draft a franchise QB, you do it. Houston has the best DE in the game and their lack of a big time QB will be what holds them back.


Yeah, watching Bridgewater carry that team...

Locker is a good guy, but Teddy will win Super Bowls.
_________________

^^ryknowssd^^
Supporter of the Death Penalty in CFB
FF Hunger Games I Winner

titans0021 wrote:
Official Order
1.Michael Griffin

#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TitanLegend


Joined: 18 Jun 2012
Posts: 3971
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most impressive aspect of Bridgewater, is as athletic as he is, it's not his biggest asset.

He's as clutch as it gets as well.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
-Hope-


Joined: 16 Feb 2007
Posts: 21596
Location: The []_[]
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanLegend wrote:
Most impressive aspect of Bridgewater, is as athletic as he is, it's not his biggest asset.

He's as clutch as it gets as well.

On the bright side, if Locker blows it next year we'll probably be in position to get him. Laughing
_________________

skywindO2 wrote:
Never spit it out. Always power through it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
deeluxx3


Hot Shot Crew
Joined: 14 Mar 2006
Posts: 13129
Location: Chicago/Mizzou
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bridgewater is unbelievable. That accuracy is astounding
_________________

RIP Crakburn & BoYz2tHeBoWl
RIP Steve "Air" McNair...the greatest Titan of all-time
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
titanprodigy


Joined: 12 Nov 2006
Posts: 1626
Location: So Cal
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coming from a Locker non-supporter. You have to stick it out with him at least one more year. This was essentially his "rookie season." If he doesn't show dramatic improvement next season, we at least used a draft and free agent cap space on quality guys that could surround the next QB we bring in 2014.
_________________
=)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Buckeyeboy89


Joined: 18 Jan 2007
Posts: 9477
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before anyone can give locker a fair evaluation we have to give him an atleast decent OL.

We have done that.

Football College or Pro starts from the trenches. a good or great offensive line can cover up a lot inefficiencies or deffencies. A good OL can can make a sub par RB/WR good but a great WR cant make a OL good.

We have to put some resources in our OL this year. We have tried the method of devloping and not paying them and letting them go elsewhere. And we have Stuck but Harris and Amano which we simply can not rely on anymore.

We have to make upgrades on the interior OL period.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
VY


Joined: 26 Nov 2006
Posts: 2987
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

titansNvolsR#1 wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:
titansNvolsR#1 wrote:
Forget the Flynn idea. He might get us a few more wins. Ride with Locker, get the #1 pick next year, draft Teddy Bridgewater. Oh my...


Like I said in the other thread, rather have Clowney if we picked #1.


No way. You have the chance to draft a franchise QB, you do it. Houston has the best DE in the game and their lack of a big time QB will be what holds them back.


I haven't watched Bridgewater enough to know if he's going to be a sure thing, but Clowney is as close as it gets to that as there will have been since Luck I suppose. Not sure if Bridgewater comes out or not, but Clowney will barring injury or setback.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
UTMoc10


Joined: 18 Oct 2009
Posts: 2533
Location: Lakeland, Fl
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RB coach Jim Skipper has been told his contract won't be renewed via Jim Wyatt
_________________
2014 Adopt-A-Titan
-----------------------
Through Week 5
Kendall Wright - 25 catches 223 yards, 3TD
Damian Stafford - 3 tackles
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 84, 85, 86  Next
Page 3 of 86

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group