Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The 2013 Off-Season Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 84, 85, 86  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KingTitan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:

Wright will never be a #1 WR. Putting that aside, I remember you saying last year, you did not want a interior lineman with our 1st round pick which was #20. Now your saying, you'd want us to draft Warmack with the #10 pick. Am I reading that correctly? The whole thing with DeCastro is strictly a guard is crazy. He can also be a center. Can't say that about Warmack.

DeCastro is unproven at C.

No, my fundamentals say not to take an OG in the 1st. But I realize this year might be the year to do so and need to do so.

I would never take an OG/C at #10.

If Star is gone and they deem Teo and Banks not to be the pick(My top choices at the moment) then I'm saying trade down to a more respectable position to take a OG/C.
If Womack isn't the pick then Barrett Jones would be a good choice to me, who can play multiple positions, well.
But there is also an OG from North Carolina I'd look at him too.

Defense 1st and Interior Lineman in the 2nd would be ideal to me.
justing101

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Munchak's season ending press conference.

http://www.titansonline.com/news/article-1/Coach-Munchaks-Season-Ending-Press-Conference/6819b75b-5b40-4b03-ac65-e5cb70fc9bc6

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing I have the utmost confidence in Munchak in is drafting..that's about the only thing that I'm not worried about under his leadership. His past two drafts have been excellent.
justing101

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy Levitre said he was going to take the best offer. I hope we give him a good offer at least.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justing101 wrote:
Andy Levitre said he was going to take the best offer. I hope we give him a good offer at least.

Really want him. A line of Roos - Hutch - Velasco - Levitre - Stewart would be pretty good IMO. Draft a guard in the middle rounds to sit a year or two and learn from Hutch.
UTMoc10

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
justing101 wrote:

Really want him. A line of Roos - Hutch - Velasco - Levitre - Stewart would be pretty good IMO. Draft a guard in the middle rounds to sit a year or two and learn from Hutch.

Stupid question for you guys (I don't know much about OL players in general.) Say Munch and Bruce wanted to grab Jake Matthews in the draft. Could he play G or could Stewart slide over?

Again, I don't follow OL so just curious. Don't scold me. Laughing

Props to "Peppers90" on the sig
Chocolateman78

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UTMoc10 wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:
justing101 wrote:

Stupid question for you guys (I don't know much about OL players in general.) Say Munch and Bruce wanted to grab Jake Matthews in the draft. Could he play G or could Stewart slide over?

I've actually thought of it. I don't think big country is fleet of foot enough to be a good pulling guard, but I think he could be a strong side mauler. Slide him in to RG and find another RT. Probably not likely, but I think it could happen. I'd rather go defense early rather than o-line, but I think its plausible.

However one thing that is definitely true is Steve Hutchinson should not be counted on to be a starter anymore. I'd rather keep Duece Lutui and sign Levitre than keep Hutch around. He's done.

**RIP Steve McNair**
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UTMoc10 wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:
justing101 wrote:

You never want real tall guards. Plus Stewart is pretty slow and I'm not sure he could be a pull to well. I just think it would be a mistake to draft any O-Lineman in the 1st. We have bigger needs IMO. Sign Levitre and resign Lutui and Velasco. I do like Matthews alot though and wish we'd trade up from our 2nd round pick to get him.
TitanSS

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mesa_Titan wrote:
Why in the world anyone would want to fire Jerry Gray after the strides he made I'll never know...

We do, however, have to take a long hard look at Loggains. I for one don't think he's right for the job, but who knows. These WR's also need looked at. Yesterday wasn't the first time they have screwed Jake Locker royally.

What I want to happen. Sign Dwayne Bowe/Mike Wallace and Domonique Rogers Cromartie.

Coordinating the worst defense in the history of franchise in your second year of DC is a pretty big stride.

I do however agree with the offensive sentiment. The WR's haven't looked great, neither has Jake for that matter. Loggains is just another positions coach hyped up by the Nashville media. Bowe and Wallace are probably a little bigger signing than I would expect, but I definitely wouldn't turn them down. Cromartie would be awesome.

Let's hope to see Locker start off strong with a new coordinator next season and possibly a new weapon.
TheDeeeeej

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wasnt Hutch considering retirement.

I kinda want him to. He wasnt good at all this year.

[Adopt a Titan] [Derrick Morgan] [Robert Johnson]
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheDeeeeej wrote:

Disagree. Starting out he wasn't great but he turned it around and really helped in the run game.
Chocolateman78

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
TheDeeeeej wrote:

Disagree. Starting out he wasn't great but he turned it around and really helped in the run game.

Only to end up on injured reserve for the 3rd time in 3 seasons. He's done.

**RIP Steve McNair**
titanprodigy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh DeCastro.... I was screaming at my TV when we didn't pick him last year. Not saying Wright is a bad player, but it was more of a luxury pick when we really couldn't afford to take one.

I'm just praying Te'o is there at #10. He'll bring the personality and leadership our defense needs. If he's not, the only real position I could justifiably pick there is one of the o-linemen from 'Bama. However, I'd hate to use a #10 pick on a lineman....
KingTitan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

titanprodigy wrote:
Oh DeCastro.... I was screaming at my TV when we didn't pick him last year. Not saying Wright is a bad player, but it was more of a luxury pick when we really couldn't afford to take one.

I'm just praying Te'o is there at #10. He'll bring the personality and leadership our defense needs. If he's not, the only real position I could justifiably pick there is one of the o-linemen from 'Bama. However, I'd hate to use a #10 pick on a lineman....

I went back and looked I can't find a Top 10 pick used on an OG in the last 10 years. The last one in the top 10 was Chris Naeole and it was #10 in 1997.

I doubt we draft an OG at #10.
titansNvolsR#1

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love a Matt Flynn signing to push Locker and likely start.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 84, 85, 86  Next
Page 2 of 86

Jump to: