Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Roman, Vangio, Gamble, Seely, Tomsula, Donatell...
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
49ers Finest

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:00 pm    Post subject: Roman, Vangio, Gamble, Seely, Tomsula, Donatell... Reply with quote

Quote:
Matt Maiocco ‏@MaioccoCSN
Bears, Bills, Chiefs, Eagles and Browns have reportedly fired their coaches. 49ers assistants Roman & Fangio can interview during .

https://twitter.com/MaioccoCSN

Quote:
The Jacksonville Jaguars are expected to fire general manager Gene Smith, according to a report by Adam Schefter of ESPN.

Quote:
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
Jets and Jaguars have asked permission from San Francisco to interview 49ers director of player personnel Tom Gamble for their GM jobs.

Quote:
The Jacksonville Jaguars will fire general manager Gene Smith, but the fate of coach Mike Mularkey could turn out to be in the hands of Cardinals director of player personnel Jason Licht or 49ers director of player personnel Tom Gamble who are the primary candidates for the team's general manager's job, according to sources

I wouldnt mind g-ro leaving. i think we could find a replacement pretty easily with seally and harbs already here to help (hopefully seally isnt gone too)
but if vic goes, that would suck. i think hes really good at his job, he does sometimes get conservative too early but i think hes great here. i remember also hearing that he didnt want do be a dc, so hopefully he stays. lovie was a really good dc from what i remember.

but i could also seen some stanford guys coming on over

discuss...................

new sig... sorry alex

Last edited by 49ers Finest on Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:10 pm; edited 2 times in total
rudyZ

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Fangio leaves: Donatell, Tomsula, Leavitt. We're deep on defense.

If Roman leaves: Geep Chryst. Forgotten guy here would be Paul Wulff, that Harbaugh brought in last offseason. Or possibly Chris Ault.

If Seely leaves... no idea.

If Tomsula leaves... no idea. Is Bryant Young still coaching in college?

If Donatell leaves... big ouch.

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
adamq

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:

If Roman leaves: Geep Chryst. Forgotten guy here would be Paul Wulff, that Harbaugh brought in last offseason. Or possibly Chris Ault.

If Tomsula leaves... no idea. Is Bryant Young still coaching in college?If Donatell leaves... big ouch.

DLine coach at Florida.. Would be awesome to have him back, bit that's putie the jump

-kiltman

Uncle Buck wrote:
I'd rather have Tebow than any other QB in the NFL besides Rodgers, and I may even take him over Rodgers due to the difference in age.
neezy007

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be pretty cool to have Ault on staff.
scraly47*

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:

I believe we are ok as long as donatell and tomsula stays.

Maybe we promote geep to oc and bring in Ault as the new offensive assistant and move whiff to qb coach.
LANiner

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scraly47* wrote:
rudyZ wrote:

Maybe we promote geep to oc and bring in Ault as the new offensive assistant and move whiff to qb coach.

agreed those to guys and leavitt are the lifeblood of our defense we can insert another dc and still have good sucesss

Dean peas
Ray Horton
ron rivera if let go

scraly47*

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LANiner wrote:
scraly47* wrote:
rudyZ wrote:

agreed those to guys and leavitt are the lifeblood of our defense we can insert another dc and still have good sucesss

Dean peas
Ray Horton
ron rivera if let go

Maybe we'll promote Tomsula, Dontatell or Jim to DC if Fanigo leaves.
rudyZ

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scraly47* wrote:
LANiner wrote:
scraly47* wrote:
rudyZ wrote:

Dean peas
Ray Horton
ron rivera if let go

Maybe we'll promote Tomsula, Dontatell or Jim to DC if Fanigo leaves.

I'd always go with a promotion from within. Jim has done a great job filling up the coaching staff with competent coaches. Unless your unit is dysfunctional, you don't get outside help. I think if Fangio leaves, Donatell is next in line. He's the only one who was a DC before, and I think he's harder to replace on the staff than the others.

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
Psychlone

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lot of rumors swirling around regarding Gamble as well as some of our coaches. This scenario is the one I least like to see happen.
Quote:
CBS Sports' Jason LaCanfora put together a run down of the various GM/coach options for each team, and apparently league sources think Tom Gamble could look to 49ers defensive line coach Jim Tomsula as a head coaching option. Gamble is the 49ers director of player personnel and is a favorite to land a GM position, with the Jaguars, Jets and Chargers among the teams to ask the 49ers for permission to interview him.

http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2013/01/49er-assistant-shuffle-follow-the-gm-searches.html

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

neezy007 wrote:
It would be pretty cool to have Ault on staff.

Ault is a genius. I don't really see him taking the job, but I'm sure being reuinted with CK would be enticing for him. Probably wants a HC gig if anything... I would love bringing him in, just don't see it at all.

Gamble is as good as gone, not really sure what kind of impact it'll have... but whatever. The article Psychlone posted above would be really dangerous, because he knows the talent we have stashed away on our staff. Losing Tomsula would suck. Roman can leave for all I care, he seems like a very Buffalo-esque hire. Don't see Fangio leaving, not sure where Seely would even go...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Psychlone wrote:
A lot of rumors swirling around regarding Gamble as well as some of our coaches. This scenario is the one I least like to see happen.
Quote:
CBS Sports' Jason LaCanfora put together a run down of the various GM/coach options for each team, and apparently league sources think Tom Gamble could look to 49ers defensive line coach Jim Tomsula as a head coaching option. Gamble is the 49ers director of player personnel and is a favorite to land a GM position, with the Jaguars, Jets and Chargers among the teams to ask the 49ers for permission to interview him.

http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2013/01/49er-assistant-shuffle-follow-the-gm-searches.html

I'll be very disappointed if this actually happens. Gamble taking Roman for head coach and Geep Chryst for offensive coordinator was another rumor I heard in the Jaguar's forum. Don't know where they got that information from or how credible it is.

^Kempes^
49ersfan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ers4life52 wrote:
Psychlone wrote:
Quote:

I'll be very disappointed if this actually happens. Gamble taking Roman for head coach and Geep Chryst for offensive coordinator was another rumor I heard in the Jaguar's forum. Don't know where they got that information from or how credible it is.

Probably just speculation.

I don't think i've heard of any of our coaches interviewing for HC jobs, while the Falcons have had all their coaches requested for HC jobs across the league (including Nolan Laughing). It depends on where Tom Gamble ends up. If he's the Jets GM, we're safe. If he's Jaguars or Chargers GM he could raid our coaching staff.
green24

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ersfan wrote:
49ers4life52 wrote:
Psychlone wrote:
Quote:

I don't think i've heard of any of our coaches interviewing for HC jobs, while the Falcons have had all their coaches requested for HC jobs across the league (including Nolan Laughing). It depends on where Tom Gamble ends up. If he's the Jets GM, we're safe. If he's Jaguars or Chargers GM he could raid our coaching staff.

He might take Geep Chryst with him to the Jets, according to my mock draft. Laughing

#TeamManfred
SoCalNiner

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
49ersfan wrote:
49ers4life52 wrote:
Psychlone wrote:
Quote:

He might take Geep Chryst with him to the Jets, according to my mock draft. Laughing

You guys should just hire Heckert. Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not gunna lie, all of these names make me think of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

Xbox Gamertag: SupeR G00F

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: