Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Possible DC...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chris00cm

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
chris00cm wrote:
Fisher must have a guy in mind to take his place

I hope it's a good DC from the outside.
Ive heard promoting Mike Waufle and hiring Jim Washburn is a possibility.

I hate the idea though.

Xbox Live Gamertag: Chris Sanity
stlblackshirt

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Singletary would be perfect. I also like Bob Babich.
jrry32

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chris00cm wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
chris00cm wrote:
Fisher must have a guy in mind to take his place

I hope it's a good DC from the outside.
Ive heard promoting Mike Waufle and hiring Jim Washburn is a possibility.

I hate the idea though.

I believe in that idea about as much as I believe Santa Claus is real.

Washburn got chased out of Philly because he's a jerkoff who doesn't work well with others and his wide-9 scheme is garbage. He's not going to get hired here after we fired Blake for the same reasons.

While Waufle has no DC experience...I could see it being possible he was promoted but I doubt it.

stlblackshirt wrote:
Mike Singletary would be perfect. I also like Bob Babich.

Hate both ideas. Babich was terrible with the Bears as DC and Singletary is notoriously bad with Xs and Os.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
The J.R.S.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an idea; Jeff Fisher.

He's essentially been fulfilling that role already, while simultaneously relying on his coaching staff for support.

I'm fine with taking a similar approach to the one we took this year. We played damn good defense, and that was the first year in the system, and with Craig Dahl on the field.

It is ain't broke, don't fix it. I wouldn't be surprised if Fisher is thinking the same thing. Someone will be hired to replace Blake Williams, but I would be surprised if that hire ended up being in sole control of the defense.

Real sports fans do not condone ESPN.
chris00cm

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The J.R.S. wrote:

He's essentially been fulfilling that role already, while simultaneously relying on his coaching staff for support.

I'm fine with taking a similar approach to the one we took this year. We played damn good defense, and that was the first year in the system, and with Craig Dahl on the field.

It is ain't broke, don't fix it. I wouldn't be surprised if Fisher is thinking the same thing. Someone will be hired to replace Blake Williams, but I would be surprised if that hire ended up being in sole control of the defense.

You gotta have a defensive coordinator to make adjustments during the game. Jeff Fisher is too busy doing other things to really study what's going on with the defense.

My opinion, Fisher doesn't make this move unless he knows of a replacement. Only time will tell who that is.

Xbox Live Gamertag: Chris Sanity
Jonezy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cecil called the San Fran game at home, and probably ever game after that, wonder what his first official game was after taking over

^Delphi83^ (Sig)
<El Ramster.< (Avatar)
[quote="norcalraider510"]
Rams front 4 is going to be amazing next year[/quote]
ajhicks11

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really interested to see where this goes. Seems like Fish must have in mind what he is doing. Our defense is at the edge of being elite. With a great DC this year we would have done a lot better, and we were already good.
iRaMs

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jonezy wrote:
Cecil called the San Fran game at home, and probably ever game after that, wonder what his first official game was after taking over

Usually I agree with you Jonezy, but this time I gotta pass Cecil's past failure has me terrified.

jrry32

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jonezy wrote:

If Cecil is the one who called that terrible zone blitz against Minnesota than he doesn't deserve the job.

I gotta think we're hiring outside the team. If Fisher wanted Cecil or McGinnis, why not make them DC last year after the GW ruling or promote them already?

STLRamsFan99

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
Jonezy wrote:

If Cecil is the one who called that terrible zone blitz against Minnesota than he doesn't deserve the job.

I gotta think we're hiring outside the team. If Fisher wanted Cecil or McGinnis, why not make them DC last year after the GW ruling or promote them already?

I thought being an Assistant Head Coach is higher up than a coordinator job, am I wrong? Fisher isn't going to demote McGinnis.
jrry32

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

STLRamsFan99 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
Jonezy wrote:

I thought being an Assistant Head Coach is higher up than a coordinator job, am I wrong? Fisher isn't going to demote McGinnis.

Not really. It's more of a horizontal deal. And you don't lose the AHC title because you're DC.

keepnitgangsta1

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The J.R.S. wrote:

I feel like that "announcement" would be a perfect storyline for the WWE.

Jeff Fisher: I want to announce that the new defensive coordinator is.... ME!

*gasp*

Laughing Laughing

My NFL Draft Thread
STLRamsFan99

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Post Dispatch had an article today about Clancy Pendergast being in the mix for DC for the Rams. Jim Mora Jr. may also be interviewed apparently too.
The J.R.S.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

keepnitgangsta1 wrote:
The J.R.S. wrote:

I feel like that "announcement" would be a perfect storyline for the WWE.

Jeff Fisher: I want to announce that the new defensive coordinator is.... ME!

*gasp*

Laughing Laughing

LOL. It would be nice to see him body slam the other candidates that were awaiting the announcement in the ring with him. Just go ape-S#!T on them.

Real sports fans do not condone ESPN.
I <3 Faulk

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

STLRamsFan99 wrote:
Post Dispatch had an article today about Clancy Pendergast being in the mix for DC for the Rams. Jim Mora Jr. may also be interviewed apparently too.

NO! Mora needs to stay at UCLA. He is building something very nice there. No reason to come back to the NFL where he has failed so far. I say he should make a name for himself in the NCAA. Maybe, I don't know, win a few national championships, then go ahead and leave UCLA Laughing Laughing

Nobody can stretch a page into oblivion like I can

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 4 of 9

Jump to: