Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Mike Munchak is...........safe
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jaguarfan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom Shean wrote:
You guys are adorable.

LUCK SUX

I hate the Jaguars
coors

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I'm way behind when it comes to the Titans, but are people really giving up on Locker already? Crazy how if he came out of the draft after his JR year that tons of people had him pegged as the #1 overall pick.. and people are now already to move on from him? Man, the NFL world can be crazy sometimes..

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coors wrote:
I guess I'm way behind when it comes to the Titans, but are people really giving up on Locker already? Crazy how if he came out of the draft after his JR year that tons of people had him pegged as the #1 overall pick.. and people are now already to move on from him? Man, the NFL world can be crazy sometimes..
Right? I'm still a pretty big fan.
UTMoc10

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

People are throwing Locker under the bus after 11 starts.... really guys?

3 of those starts included a 3rd string center, 2 - 2nd/3rd string guards and a 2nd string RT. Not to mention our defense couldn't stop anybody.

There are a lot of things that went wrong for Locker this year. He didn't get a full offseason in as starter where as guys like Luck/RGIII did. He doesn't have a stellar defense like Wilson, and his running back didn't play nearly as well as Lynch/Morris. Not to mention the OC change in the middle of the season. Going back to college I think that makes like 4 OC's in 6 years if I remember correctly.

Give him a full offseason to get surgery on his shoulder, and work on his footwork. I think he can turner the corner, but I don't know if he will. He can throw great on the run and has shown some great flashes. He's got to get more consistent.

One thing I never understood about our play calling this year was how few rollouts we called. Locker excels throwing on the run so why not use that? So many games went by where we didn't call a single rollout. Really confuses me. Hopefully Tom Moore will stay with us as OC and Loggains can spend all offseason working on his footwork.
Kendall Wright - 25 catches 223 yards, 3TD
Damian Stafford - 3 tackles
jagman777

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a person who's unfortunately seen a lot of Blaine Gabbert, Jake Locker looked even worse. And that's pretty bad. I wanted Locker before the draft and wanted nothing to do with Gabbert, but it seems both are destined to be lolbad.

TY Tacks for keeping Munchak, the guy is a dunce. I welcome you all to give it right back to me if we retain mularkey.
sammymvpknight

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tennessee...how would you like the Saints #15 pick this season for your 2nd rounder this year and 1st rounder next year? Deal? Smile
RuskieTitan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sammymvpknight wrote:
Tennessee...how would you like the Saints #15 pick this season for your 2nd rounder this year and 1st rounder next year? Deal? Smile

Sure, just let me call up Bud Adams and see what he thinks...

Rolling Eyes
What's the purpose for these kinds of posts? Laughing

^^ryknowssd^^
Supporter of the Death Penalty in CFB
FF Hunger Games I Winner

titans0021 wrote:
Official Order
1.Michael Griffin

#JDI
Finnerception

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For a franchise that wants to fire its head coach after one season, benched a top 10 pick for a guy who failed his way out of Miami, and wants to bring in Tim Tebow for the sole purpose of selling tickets, you'd think their fans wouldn't be so loudly obnoxious about the decisions other franchises are making..

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finnerception wrote:
For a franchise that wants to fire its head coach after one season, benched a top 10 pick for a guy who failed his way out of Miami, and wants to bring in Tim Tebow for the sole purpose of selling tickets, you'd think their fans wouldn't be so loudly obnoxious about the decisions other franchises are making..

Because we're just like you guys except with better draft position!

I hate the Jaguars
iPwn

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-Hope- wrote:
Yes, given that there's always 3 Jags fans rejoicing every time he throws an interception before anybody else even reacts. Laughing

I'm not saying Locker isn't a shaky QB...I'm just saying that for the most part, Jags fans love to revel in it.
One could say these same things about how certain Titans fans act when Gabbert makes mistakes as well. Are they overcompensating, or does this just speak to how certain people within the rivalry like to see the other team fail? I mean, even if we had Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers on our team, I would still enjoy when the Titans struggle, as I'm sure most Titans fans would with Jacksonville.

Regardless, I really can't see this move, or rather lack thereof, working out for the Titans. From what I've seen, Munch just doesn't seem like he's head coach material. I think it was time to bring in a coach that could help Locker develop into where he should be.

- Best since day one -
It may not be easy, but we ain't riding no tire fire merry-go-round.
- Gus Bradley
jagman777

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finnerception wrote:

I believe it's legal for someone to be critical of another oragnization as well as their own organization without some sort of contradiction. I just don't think Munchak is any good, same with Mularkey. Don't think Locker is very good.. Same with Gabbert.

Hey, we're practically the same team. Want to hug it out? Very Happy
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KhanYouDigIt wrote:
Another year of Munchak and Locker? Yesssssss.

One of the worst HC/QB tandems in the NFL.

pretty sure we cant say any better...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jagman777 wrote:

I believe it's legal for someone to be critical of another oragnization as well as their own organization without some sort of contradiction. I just don't think Munchak is any good, same with Mularkey. Don't think Locker is very good.. Same with Gabbert.

Jaguarfan wrote:

Because there's more of you in here going nuts in the most trollish way about this decision than have attended Jags home games this millennium. It's like you guys have realized that your team is that hopelessly bad and are trying as hard as possible to replicate the Browns forum.

I wouldn't say we're the same.. the Titans roster is filled with a lot more young talent (which is why we were able to go 6-2 against bad teams this year and not finish with the worst record in the NFL) and our QB actually showed promise his rookie year.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finnerception wrote:
jagman777 wrote:

Jaguarfan wrote:

Because there's more of you in here going nuts in the most trollish way about this decision than have attended Jags home games this millennium. It's like you guys have realized that your team is that hopelessly bad and are trying as hard as possible to replicate the Browns forum.

I wouldn't say we're the same.. the Titans roster is filled with a lot more young talent and our QB actually showed promise his rookie year.

Who cares if your QB showed promise his rookie year? He started his sophomore year and looked like garbage. We have CSIII and Justin Blackmon, is that not young talent?
Don't pretend like you don't support an absolutely atrocious football team. Just because you're a little offended by the fact that some people enjoy the failure of your franchise doesn't mean you have to go into denial.

BTW, nice shot at the Jags stadium attendance. That last Tennessee game looked emptier than Everbank has in a loooong time.

I hate the Jaguars
Finnerception

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaguarfan wrote:

Who cares if your QB showed promise his rookie year? He started his sophomore year and looked like garbage. We have CSIII and Justin Blackmon, is that not young talent?
Don't pretend like you don't support an absolutely atrocious football team. Just because you're a little offended by the fact that some people enjoy the failure of your franchise doesn't mean you have to go into denial.

So your young talent consists of 2 players.. at a position that needs a QB to maximize their talent, lol.

I'd say showing something is better than showing how dreadfully bad you can be in 25 games before getting benched for Chad Henne.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: