Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Mike Reinfeldt fired....
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
titanrick

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VY wrote:
titanrick wrote:
What a strange move. With Webster assuming the GM role last year, how does firing Reinfeldt really affect anything? You fire the guy at the top, but leave all the people he hand-picked in place? Eh?

"He had 2 years left on his deal but I thought we'd be better off without him. He is out." - Bud Adams

Laughing That Bud. He's never one to mix business with... well, basic human decency.

Eh, I don't feel so bad for him. He'll get paid for those two years.

I like the move, as I thought the culture that MR created was far too conservative and CYA. I'd like to see further changes on the staff still, but at least we're going in the right direction. Whatever happens everyone from top to bottom is on notice now. The bad part is next year still has high potential to be another downer.

No, I don't feel bad for him either. I just chuckled at the quote, "we'll be better off without him." Kind of a jackass thing to say about someone publicly. How hard is it to just say, "We're going to move in a different direction?" Al Davis used to do that also - kick guys on the way out the door. I'm not sure what they think that accomplishes, but it only makes them look like a gigantic (insert favorite expletive) and cautions the rest of the candidate pool about what is probably in your future if you take a job there.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dionysus wrote:
justing101 wrote:
KingTitan wrote:
Quote:
Don Banks ‏@DonBanks

In Tennessee, departure of Mike Reinfeldt is read as a sign GM Ruston Webster will now run personnel dept. Titans streamline front office.

Report: Webster and Munchak will NOT be fired this off season. Titans also have 5 days after the Super Bowl to decide if Griffin is going to stay. (I think he will) Even though he was the 3rd worst safety this year. From Rotoworld.

After seeing his performance this season and the years before that, I wouldn't need 5 days to decide. As soon as the clock hits zero (0:00) in the SuperBowl, his a$$ is gone. If they decide to hang on to him for another season, that tells me that they're either in denial about him or they're willing to settle for mediocre performance. That's not the make of a championship organization.
I know how Bud is and I really don't expect Webster to be around too long. Just stay tuned. Now that Fisher's not around to do any backstabbing, we might be seeing the return of Floyd Reese for all we know.

I heard on the radio some insider guy say they want to build the defense around him lolololol they think with the right guys around him he can be a pro bowler... which is true about anyone if you think about it lol

I wouldn't mind to see him gone, but we have to have a replacement for him before that.... Al Afalava isn't the answer Rolling Eyes

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justing101 wrote:
Dionysus wrote:
justing101 wrote:
KingTitan wrote:
Quote:
Don Banks ‏@DonBanks

In Tennessee, departure of Mike Reinfeldt is read as a sign GM Ruston Webster will now run personnel dept. Titans streamline front office.

Report: Webster and Munchak will NOT be fired this off season. Titans also have 5 days after the Super Bowl to decide if Griffin is going to stay. (I think he will) Even though he was the 3rd worst safety this year. From Rotoworld.

After seeing his performance this season and the years before that, I wouldn't need 5 days to decide. As soon as the clock hits zero (0:00) in the SuperBowl, his a$$ is gone. If they decide to hang on to him for another season, that tells me that they're either in denial about him or they're willing to settle for mediocre performance. That's not the make of a championship organization.
I know how Bud is and I really don't expect Webster to be around too long. Just stay tuned. Now that Fisher's not around to do any backstabbing, we might be seeing the return of Floyd Reese for all we know.

I heard on the radio some insider guy say they want to build the defense around him

Ruskie's calling the stations again? Who was supposed to stop this?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titanrick wrote:
justing101 wrote:
Dionysus wrote:
justing101 wrote:
KingTitan wrote:
Quote:
Don Banks ‏@DonBanks

I heard on the radio some insider guy say they want to build the defense around him

Ruskie's calling the stations again? Who was supposed to stop this?

Sorry, I was away for the holidays, won't happen again.

Adopt A Titan

Alterraun Verner and Scott Solomon
Titans fan 617

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So does this mean we wont be the Seattle Titans anymore?

Sig by daboyle250

TITANIA FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIPS

Shaun Phillips: 8 Tackles 5 Assist 1 Sack

Ropati Pitoitua: 9 Tackles 4 Assist 1 Sack
Dionysus

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justing101 wrote:
Dionysus wrote:
justing101 wrote:
KingTitan wrote:
Quote:
Don Banks ‏@DonBanks

I heard on the radio some insider guy say they want to build the defense around him lolololol they think with the right guys around him he can be a pro bowler... which is true about anyone if you think about it lol

I wouldn't mind to see him gone, but we have to have a replacement for him before that.... Al Afalava isn't the answer Rolling Eyes

Build the defense around Griffin? Are you really serious? Whoever has that idea need to be walking out the door right behind Reinfeldt. How can they honestly look at his play and think he's an asset to the team? And I disagree, we don't need to find a replacement first because having NOBODY out there is almost better than having Griffin. From what I've been forced to witness from him (bad tackling, bad angles, poor coverage), it wouldn't take too much to replace him. And the saddest part about it is, at this point in his career, he's not improving on anything at all. There are no redeeming qualities in his performance that gives you any kind of hope for him. You can probably find some high school player who can match his output. I hate to be this hard on a player, but I just have to call it like I see it. Having Griffin on the field has become more of a liability to us than a benefit, and I'm just sick and tired of seeing it week after week.
Chocolateman78

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surprising but I do blame Reinfeldt a lot for what has happened. I feel he got a free pass around here too often.

**RIP Steve McNair**
justing101

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dionysus wrote:
justing101 wrote:
Dionysus wrote:
justing101 wrote:
KingTitan wrote:
Quote:
Don Banks ‏@DonBanks

Build the defense around Griffin? Are you really serious? Whoever has that idea need to be walking out the door right behind Reinfeldt. How can they honestly look at his play and think he's an asset to the team? And I disagree, we don't need to find a replacement first because having NOBODY out there is almost better than having Griffin. From what I've been forced to witness from him (bad tackling, bad angles, poor coverage), it wouldn't take too much to replace him. And the saddest part about it is, at this point in his career, he's not improving on anything at all. There are no redeeming qualities in his performance that gives you any kind of hope for him. You can probably find some high school player who can match his output. I hate to be this hard on a player, but I just have to call it like I see it. Having Griffin on the field has become more of a liability to us than a benefit, and I'm just sick and tired of seeing it week after week.

There isn't very many awesome safeties anymore. He has some good games but is extremely inconsistent. I am no huge fan of Griffin but if you would rather have Afalava or even Babs out there for him you clearly don't know much about football.
titansNvolsR#1

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm dangerously close to being done with the Titans til Bud dies off. This was the first year that I wouldn't watch Titans games because I knew we'd come out looking like a powder puff squad.

We're no better than the Lions, Browns, or Raiders at this point as an organization.
MdTitansFan56

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justing101 wrote:
Dionysus wrote:
justing101 wrote:
Dionysus wrote:
justing101 wrote:
KingTitan wrote:
Quote:
Don Banks ‏@DonBanks

There isn't very many awesome safeties anymore. He has some good games but is extremely inconsistent. I am no huge fan of Griffin but if you would rather have Afalava or even Babs out there for him you clearly don't know much about football.

I have extremely mixed emotions of Griff. I feel like if our line could get consistent pressure and allow him to play center field he would be a pro bowler again. That said we get inconsistent pressure far to often. I know the Jets are terrible but that game he had 2 huge picks. But often when watching games this year he would whiff and give up huge plays but our pass rush again wasn't there all year. It's hard to say but I feel like if we don't have any other options stick with him.

1. Alex Morgan 2.San Antonio Spurs 3. Chicago White Sox 4. Ohio State 5. Buckeyes 6. Philadelphia Flyers
justing101

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MdTitansFan56 wrote:
justing101 wrote:
Dionysus wrote:
justing101 wrote:
Dionysus wrote:
justing101 wrote:
KingTitan wrote:
Quote:
Don Banks ‏@DonBanks

I have extremely mixed emotions of Griff. I feel like if our line could get consistent pressure and allow him to play center field he would be a pro bowler again. That said we get inconsistent pressure far to often. I know the Jets are terrible but that game he had 2 huge picks. But often when watching games this year he would whiff and give up huge plays but our pass rush again wasn't there all year. It's hard to say but I feel like if we don't have any other options stick with him.

Agreed... then its settled, we keep him till something better comes along Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justing101 wrote:

Rest assured that I know plenty enough about football, and I know bad football when I see it. No, I don't think Babs or Afalava are the answers by a long shot. As a matter of fact, I'm done with Babs as well. I just find it extremely hard to believe that there are no other options out there, FA, trade or draft, that we can find to replace Griffin. They don't have to be a superstar or a gamebreaker. Just be solid, show some consistency, MAKE TACKLES. I know he's not going to make every play, but damn, at least don't look like some comedy act when it does come down to him to make a stop. Is that really too much to ask? I'm tired of us sticking with mediocre players and making excuses for why we should keep them. It's no wonder we keep going 8-8 or 6-10. That among other factors of course. Do you honestly think any championship caliber team would keep him around playing the way he plays? And if we're serious about being real contenders to ANYTHING next season, we ought to be looking into other options RIGHT NOW.
justing101

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dionysus wrote:
justing101 wrote:

Rest assured that I know plenty enough about football, and I know bad football when I see it. No, I don't think Babs or Afalava are the answers by a long shot. As a matter of fact, I'm done with Babs as well. I just find it extremely hard to believe that there are no other options out there, FA, trade or draft, that we can find to replace Griffin. They don't have to be a superstar or a gamebreaker. Just be solid, show some consistency, MAKE TACKLES. I know he's not going to make every play, but damn, at least don't look like some comedy act when it does come down to him to make a stop. Is that really too much to ask? I'm tired of us sticking with mediocre players and making excuses for why we should keep them. It's no wonder we keep going 8-8 or 6-10. That among other factors of course. Do you honestly think any championship caliber team would keep him around playing the way he plays? And if we're serious about being real contenders to ANYTHING next season, we ought to be looking into other options RIGHT NOW.

lol im with you man id love an upgrade

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You build a good pass rush, and Griffin will get you 10+ picks a season.

^^ryknowssd^^
Supporter of the Death Penalty in CFB
FF Hunger Games I Winner

titans0021 wrote:
Official Order
1.Michael Griffin

#JDI
justing101

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RuskieTitan wrote:
You build a good pass rush, and Griffin will get you 10+ picks a season.

Id like someone who could do that by themselves Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: