Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Players who have PLUMMETED down draft boards..
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tk3

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:58 pm    Post subject: Players who have PLUMMETED down draft boards.. Reply with quote

This is an interesting concept that I thought I would explore.. Finding players who were generally top 10, or just 1st round players, who are now thought of much lower..

The thing to explore is WHY they have fallen, and if they are a good chance to get a great player at a bargain price..

Note: I am using WalterFootball as my primary source here..

1. QB-Landry Jones (OU) .. Previously, #1 QB, now, 3rd round value.. What gives? His team was not a BCS team and that typically reflects on the QB.. I think he still put up good production and his measurables are still there.. I never liked him as a 1st round QB, but if his price is now as low as 3rd he is worth considering..

2. WR-Robert Woods (USC) .. Once the #1 WR and top 10, now listed as #9 WR and 2nd-3rd round value.. He has some injuries and came up a little smaller in his numbers.. He still has good height at 6'1" and can fly.. He runs good routes and can catch.. I think the emergence of Marquise Lee has also lowered Woods's value, but I dont think it changes the player he is.. He is solid and would be a steal if he falls to us in the 3rd, and depending what we do in the 1st I would even be okay with Woods in the 2nd..

3. CB-David Amerson (NCSt) .. Once the top CB in the draft he is now 5th and a 2nd round value.. He had 13 picks last year and great size and speed.. He is the one player who has "fallen" that I really cant put a reason to.. I think he is a true stud..

These are the 3 who jump out to me the most.. Anyone like these guys or think they are an opportunity to buy low?

Personally, I love Amerson and Woods, not a huge fan of Landry..

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Amerson and Woods will still be good picks. I think Woods was just over shawdowed some by Lee and the bad season USC had. I also believe he was hampered by some injuries, but still think he could be a legit #2 for some team. Amerson sort of reminds me of a Asante Samuels. He takes a lot of risk and gets burned a lot he has a great skill set, but just scares me some on his ability to make an open field tackle.

Max's 2010 Annual Draft Contest Winner

Adopt a Bill 2011- SS George Wilson
CB Drayton Florence
BillsGuy82

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't say Robert Woods plummeted.. He still grades out Mid 1st to 2nd round.

Its a crap shoot between Allen, Williams, Hopkins, Hunter, Patterson and Woods IMO.. Very solid WR prospects in this draft
BigBillsFan13

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Amerson has fallen due to his lack of top end speed and Man Coverage ability. He's big, has good ball skills, and I think he'll be really good, but it's looking like he's projecting as more of an NFL Safety, rather than a CB.

McNabbMcFadden wrote:
West Coast is Best Coast
-Hope- wrote:
BBF droppin cold hard facts up in hurr
NIKEJWN

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BillsGuy82 wrote:
I wouldn't say Robert Woods plummeted.. He still grades out Mid 1st to 2nd round.

Its a crap shoot between Allen, Williams, Hopkins, Hunter, Patterson and Woods IMO.. Very solid WR prospects in this draft

Dont forget Rogers in that mix as well.

CB Drayton Florence
TommyC376

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigBillsFan13 wrote:
I think Amerson has fallen due to his lack of top end speed and Man Coverage ability. He's big, has good ball skills, and I think he'll be really good, but it's looking like he's projecting as more of an NFL Safety, rather than a CB.
And we already have one of those on the roster in Aaron Williams.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TommyC376 wrote:
BigBillsFan13 wrote:
Too bad ours is still playing CB Laughing

McNabbMcFadden wrote:
West Coast is Best Coast
-Hope- wrote:
Tk3

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TommyC376 wrote:
BigBillsFan13 wrote:

I think that is a blatantly unfair comparison Amerson to Williams..

Amerson is bigger, can cover and has much better ball skills.. I would be okay with him at safety, but Amerson is MUCH better than Williams..

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tk3 wrote:
TommyC376 wrote:
BigBillsFan13 wrote:

Amerson is bigger, can cover and has much better ball skills.. I would be okay with him at safety, but Amerson is MUCH better than Williams..

I agree that Amerson is far and away better than Williams, but I think Tommy was just saying we have a CB on the roster that should be a S. I didn't take it as comparing the two, but I could be wrong...

McNabbMcFadden wrote:
West Coast is Best Coast
-Hope- wrote:
marshawn lynch

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigBillsFan13 wrote:

I before the season everyone was talking Amerson up and saying he is a top 10 pick. He end up getting burned and allowed a bunch of big plays in the first game. It was almost comical.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigBillsFan13 wrote:
Tk3 wrote:
TommyC376 wrote:
BigBillsFan13 wrote:

I agree that Amerson is far and away better than Williams, but I think Tommy was just saying we have a CB on the roster that should be a S. I didn't take it as comparing the two, but I could be wrong...
Thats exactly what I was saying. I wasnt trying to compare them at all.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marshawn lynch wrote:
BigBillsFan13 wrote:

I before the season everyone was talking Amerson up and saying he is a top 10 pick. He end up getting burned and allowed a bunch of big plays in the first game. It was almost comical.

Amerson was being pimped a lot . I didn't buy it but he could be a starter at FS
BillsGuy82

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NIKEJWN wrote:
BillsGuy82 wrote:

Dont forget Rogers in that mix as well.

Yep Rogers, Tavon Austin, and Quinton Patton is a very good sleeper. That's potentially 9 WR talents grading out 3rd round or better and due to this I see potential head cases (Rogers) slipping.
NIKEJWN

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont know if today will hurt his draft stock but Mike Glennon did not have a good afternoon in his bowl game vs Vandy. I for one do not want this guy in rd 1 and anyone who takes him is making a big time risk. None of the said borderline first rd pick QBs are looking all that good at the moment. Glennon, Smith, Barkley and Wilson not playing, if we draft a QB at 8 I will be very upset.

CB Drayton Florence
BillsGuy82

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NIKEJWN wrote:
I dont know if today will hurt his draft stock but Mike Glennon did not have a good afternoon in his bowl game vs Vandy. I for one do not want this guy in rd 1 and anyone who takes him is making a big time risk. None of the said borderline first rd pick QBs are looking all that good at the moment. Glennon, Smith, Barkley and Wilson not playing, if we draft a QB at 8 I will be very upset.

I have Glennon behind Geno, Wilson, Barkley and Nassib.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: