Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ron Rivera Will Stay as Panthers Head Coach
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
J Pep 4 Step

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zithers wrote:
i'm not really sure how what i said refutes the idea that rivera stinks. the bootleg against seattle and pick six against chicago never should have happened. the prevent defense against chicago and tampa never should have happened. ron rivera should have stepped in and stopped the zone read as our base offense IMMEDIATELY. the opening game of the season should have been bad enough but it lingered until we were already out of the playoffs before it finally clicked in their heads that, "hey, maybe a college offense in the NFL is a really bleeping stupid idea."

who knows how good we could have been if we'd have been operating with 2011 and december of 2012's offense all year. we'd probably be playing this weekend. the blame for that falls squarely on him. i don't understand how you let someone run that offense for so long. and i REALLY don't get how anyone can defend 2-8 in back to back years and a 2-12 record in one score games. i don't trust him to build up on december's wins because we did it last year and it resulted in nothing. plus i personally don't think we beat anyone worthwhile. every team we played down the stretch looked completely incompetent, including the #1 seed in the NFC.

the only light i see is at the end of the tunnel known as the 2013 offseason... because that is when we will finally rid our franchise of this loser.

Again, you are monday morning QBing. Being versatile on offense is important in the NFL. But when it doesnt work, regardless of execution, you are saying Rivera shouldnt have been versatile. On defense, the prevent is a standard defensive set. It works. But because it didnt work in specific situations, you are blaming the coach for using it at all. You are using hindsight to your advantage. Any call he made that didnt work, you are saying was a bad call. And using its failure as the reason. That is monday morning QBing. Its ridiculous.

Werent you the guy that said we were a 10 or 11 win team with another coach? Because I can tell you now you WILDLY overestimate the talent on this team if you think we are that kind of team. Especially with the schedule we had. We are a 6 to 9 win team. Period. Especially with Cam missing receivers all over the field the whole season.

CK on the sig
JMG

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like Chip is going back to Oregon. I think his eyes were on the Carolina Panthers and he is waiting until next year so the Panthers Ron Rivera and Chip gets his ideal HC gig.
cpanthers178990

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JMG wrote:
Looks like Chip is going back to Oregon. I think his eyes were on the Carolina Panthers and he is waiting until next year so the Panthers Ron Rivera and Chip gets his ideal HC gig.

Mannnnnn, I really hope not. That would mean another bad year.
64 Pass TDs
2032 Rush Yards
28 Rush TDs
6 4Q/OT GW Drives
johnydtarheel

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Joe Person ‏@josephperson
#Panthers RB coach John Settle has been fired. http://blogs.charlotte.com/panthers/

Quote:
Joe Person ‏@josephperson
More changes on Ron Rivera's staff likely. But I've been told both coordinators -- Rob Chudzinski and Sean McDermott -- are safe.

Thanks CK
Panthers27

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More Chud is not good news Mad Mad

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8

Jump to: