Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bills fire head coach Chan Gailey
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dr. Philly

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TommyC376 wrote:
Dr. Philly wrote:
1BackInBlackFan wrote:
Dr. Philly wrote:
Sucks that the team will probably be stuck with a retread coach or at best a decent coordinator.

Unfortunately that's what I'm thinking as well. They need to stop hiring old retreads and get a young and promising head coach.

Thing is Buffalo isn't desirable at all to anyone.
See this is where you're wrong.

Buffalo has good talent on both sides of the ball. They have a very good and young OLine. A very good DLine. Also great playmakers on offense. CJ Spiller, Fred Jackson, Stevie Johnson, Scott Chandler.

Buffalo is lacking at QB, LB, and depth at CB.

The fact that they arent "desireable at all to anyone" is laughable.

Location wise as well as the owner, and continuous turnstyle at HC. Not necessarily the team, although pray that you do get a better Run D.

simonwayne wrote:
LeBron has done for the NBA what Teen Mom has done for teenage pregnancies

#JDI
TommyC376

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dr. Philly wrote:
TommyC376 wrote:
Dr. Philly wrote:
1BackInBlackFan wrote:
Dr. Philly wrote:
Sucks that the team will probably be stuck with a retread coach or at best a decent coordinator.

Unfortunately that's what I'm thinking as well. They need to stop hiring old retreads and get a young and promising head coach.

Thing is Buffalo isn't desirable at all to anyone.
See this is where you're wrong.

Buffalo has good talent on both sides of the ball. They have a very good and young OLine. A very good DLine. Also great playmakers on offense. CJ Spiller, Fred Jackson, Stevie Johnson, Scott Chandler.

Buffalo is lacking at QB, LB, and depth at CB.

The fact that they arent "desireable at all to anyone" is laughable.

Location wise as well as the owner, and continuous turnstyle at HC. Not necessarily the team, although pray that you do get a better Run D.
2 things. Is Buffalo worse than Green Bay in terms of location? Both are blue collar freezing cold cities with snow, but the fans love their teams. So the whole location thing can be thrown out. 2. The owner Ralph Wilson is in his mid 90's I am going to say he isnt making many decisions on the team so you can basically throw that one out too.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Complained lots about him, but he was a class act and a good man, just a bad coach.
TommyC376

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

billsoilers wrote:
Complained lots about him, but he was a class act and a good man, just a bad head coach.
FIFY. He was a really good Offensive Coordinator but not a good HC.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TommyC376 wrote:
billsoilers wrote:
Complained lots about him, but he was a class act and a good man, just a bad head coach.

Why is Chan getting all this praise as a good OC? Did we not constantly complain about the lack of touches for Spiller, the pointless use of the wildcat and going empty backfield on 3rd and short sooooo many times? It can't be both ways you know.

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Who got that sack? Cameron Jordan? Jordan Cameron? Michael Jordan? Cam Cameron? IM SO CONFUSED!
TommyC376

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BillSabre wrote:
TommyC376 wrote:
billsoilers wrote:

Why is Chan getting all this praise as a good OC? Did we not constantly complain about the lack of touches for Spiller, the pointless use of the wildcat and going empty backfield on 3rd and short sooooo many times? It can't be both ways you know.
Our offense was leaps and bounds better than it was before he got here. Yes fans including me were complaining but thats because I wanted my cake and eat it too.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BillSabre wrote:
TommyC376 wrote:
billsoilers wrote:

He is an innovator of offense. Especially near the goal line. He is super creative with what he does. He just think he was able to handle two duties as HC and OC. Put him in a booth just as a OC and I am sure Spiller would have gotten a ton more carries.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't believe we actually fired him. After it was said Nix and Gailey were both safe for next season half-way through this season I got worried there. I mean, this is a team that gave - Jauron an extension after his mediocre first couple years. I'm actually very surprised we fired Gailey today. But good riddance. He's not cut out to be a HC in the NFL anymore. Could be a decent OC; maybe he goes to Philly, as it seems like the Eagles love the ex-Bills and our ex-coaches recently. Laughing

Now to find a new coach. I'd be very happy with Reid and now that Lovie's available, him too. Lovie could be an even better fit for us because he might be able to really utilize this defense and make them play to their talent. This team has a very good defense on paper and Lovie could be a fit to develop it into that elite defense it should be. His defenses have always been among the League's best.

Regardless of who we hire, I can say this: whoever he is will probably use Spiller more properly than Gailey ever did. We need to find a guy who isn't afraid to get the most out of his running game and defense. If we have Fitzpatrick stay, we need to hire someone who can limit the passing game so Fitz isn't in a position to make mistakes. Someone who will effectively utilize the running game, which is one of this team's strengths.
NYGiantsman10

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lot of good coaches out there but I keep thinking of Mike Zimmer. I think his blue collar, no nonsense style would resonate with Buffalo fans, and he knows how to reach guys. He'd get the most out of Mario Williams and the rest of that D.
Thelonebillsfan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pray Pray Pray

Please let us get Mike Zimmer. Please football gods, don't let us get another retread.

I'm tired of the team being a joke, I really really am.
stchamp98

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arizona Cardinals football god Mike Jurecki (Dude is flat out money with news, always right it seems) says Buffalo will make a hard push for Cardinals DC Ray Horton.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
Arizona Cardinals football god Mike Jurecki (Dude is flat out money with news, always right it seems) says Buffalo will make a hard push for Cardinals DC Ray Horton.

While I think Ray Horton will be a great HC somewhere, the Bills have transitioned back to the 4-3 and have transitioned defenses every year for the past 4 years.

We need consistency there, and since Horton is a 3-4 coach, I don't think it would work. But hey, I could easily be proved wrong.
stchamp98

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thelonebillsfan wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:

While I think Ray Horton will be a great HC somewhere, the Bills have transitioned back to the 4-3 and have transitioned defenses every year for the past 4 years.

We need consistency there, and since Horton is a 3-4 coach, I don't think it would work. But hey, I could easily be proved wrong.

The Rams were going to hire him last year (Multiple sources can confirm) if Fisher didn't take that position, they run a 4-3. Not sure it matters much.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not surprised, I was expecting it. With the talent they have in store, I can see it appealing to coaches. Very good young OL with strong RBs, solid D-line. Need to get that QB though.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hated the Chan Gailey hire years ago, this is a good move.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: