Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Romeo Crennel
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
24isthelaw


Joined: 15 Nov 2010
Posts: 7665
Location: Where the Patriots are
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NinjaZX6R wrote:
His daughter lives in Boston or nearby. Hopefully that helps. Love for him to come on as an advisory role or something?


Woah there.
_________________

Adopt-a-Patriot: Marcus Forston - Practice squad (0 tackles, 0 sacks)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
NinjaZX6R


Joined: 05 Jun 2011
Posts: 9225
Location: Columbus, Ohio
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

24isthelaw wrote:
NinjaZX6R wrote:
His daughter lives in Boston or nearby. Hopefully that helps. Love for him to come on as an advisory role or something?


Woah there.


ESPN said it last year. They were talking about him meeting with his daughter prior to the game and going to dinner w. her.


I remember random crap like that for some odd reason.
_________________
"Let's show some toughness. Yeah...Toughness and go makes some plays"
-Tom Brady
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
goldfishwars


Joined: 27 Mar 2011
Posts: 8621
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd have him back, but would it mean switching back to his favored 3-4? Do we have the personnel for that anymore?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
redsoxsrule1437


Joined: 14 Feb 2007
Posts: 13249
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bring him in for a minor role like McDaniels last year. I'd be all for it.

Head coaches are dropping like flies today.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
samgurl775


Joined: 09 Oct 2009
Posts: 11467
Location: Lake Tahoe, NV
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes please.
_________________

Troy Brown wrote:
But thing is, you're like half-girl. You like sports and seemingly think logically.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sciz


Joined: 19 Jan 2009
Posts: 15840
Location: Iowa
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd take him as a consultant this offseason, but there's not really an opening for him on next year's staff.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
homerjay24


Joined: 05 Dec 2007
Posts: 1062
Location: Fitchburg, MA
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think BB would just fire Patricia in favor of Romeo. I'd love for him to be the DB coach next season though. However, It seems like a huge demotion for him, he would probably would be looking for a DC gig somewhere.

Only chance I see it happening is if he's heading towards retiring and wants a less stressful position, especially after witnessing one of his players commit suicide.

People may laugh, but if Romeo doesn't come back, I wouldn't mind BB bringing in D*ck Jauron (stupid filter) as DB coach now that Cleveland has cleaned house. It's a job he's had before, and BB seemed to respect him back when he was Bills coach if I remember correctly. It would be a similar situation to when BB brought in Dom Capers - more of a stop-gap job until a DC position opened up for him.
_________________
2012 Adopt-A-Patriot: Wes Welker
WES WELKER IS OBSOLETE IN THIS OFFENSE
Stats:
Rec: 100 (3rd in NFL)
Yds: 1,172 (9th in NFL)
TDs: 4
Stickin' it in Bill's face one game at a time.


Last edited by homerjay24 on Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tzimisce


Most Valuable Poster
Joined: 13 Oct 2005
Posts: 48456
Location: Tuntmore Tower
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to see Romeo return as the DB coach, if he's open to it.
_________________

I adopted some kid named Malcolm Butler
If anyone sees him, let me know.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Nihc


Joined: 13 Sep 2011
Posts: 3363
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tzimisce wrote:
I'd like to see Romeo return as the DB coach, if he's open to it.


Is that "DB Coach" or do you actually want him to coach the DBs?
_________________


2014 Adopt-a-Patriot - Dominique Easley
Tackles: 0 | Sacks: 0 | QB Hits: 0 | TFL: 0 | Fumble Recoveries: 0
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tzimisce


Most Valuable Poster
Joined: 13 Oct 2005
Posts: 48456
Location: Tuntmore Tower
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nihc wrote:
Tzimisce wrote:
I'd like to see Romeo return as the DB coach, if he's open to it.


Is that "DB Coach" or do you actually want him to coach the DBs?
He couldn't possibly be worse than Josh Boyer and that other guy, so yes, as an actual DB coach.
_________________

I adopted some kid named Malcolm Butler
If anyone sees him, let me know.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
mcmurtry86


Joined: 02 Mar 2010
Posts: 24854
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

goldfishwars wrote:
I'd have him back, but would it mean switching back to his favored 3-4? Do we have the personnel for that anymore?


Considering he won 2 Super Bowls with the Pats using the 4-3, I don't think he'd be averse to sticking with it were he to come in (which is IMO an extreme longshot)

edit: forgot the important part


Last edited by mcmurtry86 on Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NinjaZX6R


Joined: 05 Jun 2011
Posts: 9225
Location: Columbus, Ohio
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:
goldfishwars wrote:
I'd have him back, but would it mean switching back to his favored 3-4? Do we have the personnel for that anymore?


Considering he won 2 Super Bowls with the Pats, I don't think he'd be averse to sticking with it were he to come in (which is IMO an extreme longshot)


He played a lot of 2-4-5 sets w. the Chiefs. Plus we did play 4-3 defense/ 43 under in 2000 and 2001.
_________________
"Let's show some toughness. Yeah...Toughness and go makes some plays"
-Tom Brady
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mcmurtry86


Joined: 02 Mar 2010
Posts: 24854
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NinjaZX6R wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
goldfishwars wrote:
I'd have him back, but would it mean switching back to his favored 3-4? Do we have the personnel for that anymore?


Considering he won 2 Super Bowls with the Pats, I don't think he'd be averse to sticking with it were he to come in (which is IMO an extreme longshot)


He played a lot of 2-4-5 sets w. the Chiefs. Plus we did play 4-3 defense/ 43 under in 2000 and 2001.


Yeah, he ran the 4-3 in 2001 through 2003

The Pats ran a 3-4 in 2000 and 2004 under Crennel.

So he actually ran more 4-3 than 3-4 in New England. On top of that, a lot of his sub packages were 40 front (and a lot of 1 and 2 man lines)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tzimisce


Most Valuable Poster
Joined: 13 Oct 2005
Posts: 48456
Location: Tuntmore Tower
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:
NinjaZX6R wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
goldfishwars wrote:
I'd have him back, but would it mean switching back to his favored 3-4? Do we have the personnel for that anymore?


Considering he won 2 Super Bowls with the Pats, I don't think he'd be averse to sticking with it were he to come in (which is IMO an extreme longshot)


He played a lot of 2-4-5 sets w. the Chiefs. Plus we did play 4-3 defense/ 43 under in 2000 and 2001.


Yeah, he ran the 4-3 in 2001 through 2003

The Pats ran a 3-4 in 2000 and 2004 under Crennel.

So he actually ran more 4-3 than 3-4 in New England. On top of that, a lot of his sub packages were 40 front (and a lot of 1 and 2 man lines)
Pretty sure it was a 3-4 base in '03.
_________________

I adopted some kid named Malcolm Butler
If anyone sees him, let me know.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
mcmurtry86


Joined: 02 Mar 2010
Posts: 24854
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tzimisce wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
NinjaZX6R wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
goldfishwars wrote:
I'd have him back, but would it mean switching back to his favored 3-4? Do we have the personnel for that anymore?


Considering he won 2 Super Bowls with the Pats, I don't think he'd be averse to sticking with it were he to come in (which is IMO an extreme longshot)


He played a lot of 2-4-5 sets w. the Chiefs. Plus we did play 4-3 defense/ 43 under in 2000 and 2001.


Yeah, he ran the 4-3 in 2001 through 2003

The Pats ran a 3-4 in 2000 and 2004 under Crennel.

So he actually ran more 4-3 than 3-4 in New England. On top of that, a lot of his sub packages were 40 front (and a lot of 1 and 2 man lines)
Pretty sure it was a 3-4 base in '03.


You're right, 2004 was the year they ran a lot of 4-3. For some reason I was thinking it was 2003. They used McGinest with his hand down so frequently that the distinction is tough to remember. There wasn't much functional difference between the 4-3 and 3-4 they ran those days because it was virtually the same personnel in each alignment and they had a lot of pre-snap shifting (something we haven't seen a ton of since Crennel left).

Quote:
“We won two Super Bowls playing a 4-3,” Belichick parried. “In ’01 and [‘04]. Second half of the ’01 season, we played 4-3 after Bryan Cox and [Ted] Johnson got hurt.”
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group