Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bears fire Head Coach Lovie Smith
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Madmike90

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marshawn lynch wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
marshawn lynch wrote:
Slaymont Harris wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
if your GM hires the OC and doesn’t give Lovie control of that area he could be fantastic for you guys.

Yeah, that's it in a nutshell. If given full control over the OC, Lovie might hire his old running backs coach from St. Louis to run some stone age I-formation scheme. Smile

I heard that Lovie Smith wants to bring in Hue Jackson because they have a close relationship. Not only is he a friend of Lovie's but he is a pretty good OC. Would that a good option as a OC for Lovie?

I wish he had done that here.

He tried but Jackson took the Raiders job instead.

Not that good a friend then Laughing

I think that combination would be pretty good for you guys…I reckon you would be far more competitive than in the last few years.
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hue Jackson, Pep Hamilton, and Norv Turner are the guys who have been linked as potential Lovie OCs for his next team, all excellent choices IMO.

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
MonserinNC

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
Hue Jackson, Pep Hamilton, and Norv Turner are the guys who have been linked as potential Lovie OCs for his next team, all excellent choices IMO.

Lol....why didnt he do that here?....smh

I wouldnt be suprised if Lovie did well at his next place, and really I dont want to hear "See!! We should have kept him!!" Fact is, he got stale here....with his job on the line he just promoted Mike Tice.....so arrogant

BrotherlyLove wrote:
Cutler isn't sexy enough to be compared to sexy rexy, let's get real

Darrelle Revis wrote:
TEBOWSANITYMANIA
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MonserinNC wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:

Lol....why didnt he do that here?....smh

I wouldnt be suprised if Lovie did well at his next place, and really I dont want to hear "See!! We should have kept him!!" Fact is, he got stale here....with his job on the line he just promoted Mike Tice.....so arrogant
Well he tried to bring Hue Jackson in, in the debacle that was the post 2009 offseason when literally no one wanted the OC position b/c of the uncertainty surrounding the entire team. Pep was here as his QB Coach under Ron Turner, Martz wanted to bring in his own QB Coach, which is the reason Pep left, and Norv Turner of course was the HC for the Chargers.

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

marshawn lynch wrote:
Tell me about Lovie. Why was he fired? Does he deserve a HC job still? Would Buffalo be a good fit? What coaches would he likely bring with him?
He was fired because he never grew as a coach, never settled long-standing problems, was terrible at adjusting on the fly, terrible at evaluating offensive talent, terrible at developing offensive talent, poor at hiring assistants. If his teams were behind at the half, they lost. He went downhill after the Super Bowl year and only made the playoffs once in all the years since. There are manifold reasons he was fired, all good.

He was a good defensive coach but that is twenty years behind.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20
Page 20 of 20

Jump to: