Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bears fire Head Coach Lovie Smith
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
topwop1

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
topwop1 wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
If you think Lovie is the guy to start taking us to the playoffs consistently then I am concerned.

I have 9 years of proof that Lovie cannot take us to the playoffs consistently.

What evidence do you have that McCoy is NOT the guy to consistently get us to the playoffs?

I think the fact that after one year with Emery getting him actual talent and winning 10 games shows that he could have made us a consistent playoff team…as usual the lack of patients has told and Lovie is still paying for Jerry Angelo not being able to get him the talent needed to compete with the best of teams…

And what evidence do you have that McCoy could be better than Lovie? It works both ways…I was for keeping the guy who lead us to 10 wins in an injury filled season…your for anyone who runs an offence…

I like McCoy…I honesty do…but I don’t think he has proven enough to be the HC of the Bears yet.

Did you think Lovie was proven enough to take over the Bears as head coach when he was hired back in 2004? Because, like McCoy, he was only a coordinator for three seasons prior to that and was a position coach for the rest of his career before that.

To be honest if I would have had the same concerns about Lovie at the time…it’s a big job being Bears HC given not only the job but the media…Lovie had only been a DC for 3 years but he was 46 years old when he was hired and had been coaching since the early 80s…McCoy is a little younger and doesn’t have as much overall coaching experience…like I said I like the guy but as I said before Lovie was let go…I don’t think there are many…if any…coordinators out there who don’t have any question marks.

I see where your concern lies but pretty much every candidate for the Bears head coaching position or any other head coaching position is going to have question marks that come with them. Whether it's an up and comer coordinator who's never been a head coach before or a former head coach who was fired from their previous position or retired for personal reasons, none of us have an accurate idea on how they will do in this new situation.

You just have to trust the process, and trust the main person in charge who is leading the coaching search. Have a little faith. While I may not be totally enamored with the person the Bears do end up hiring at first glance, I'm not going to come to any ridiculous conclusions based on things I don't know. And the same should be said for the rest of you.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

topwop1 wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
topwop1 wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
If you think Lovie is the guy to start taking us to the playoffs consistently then I am concerned.

I have 9 years of proof that Lovie cannot take us to the playoffs consistently.

What evidence do you have that McCoy is NOT the guy to consistently get us to the playoffs?

I think the fact that after one year with Emery getting him actual talent and winning 10 games shows that he could have made us a consistent playoff team…as usual the lack of patients has told and Lovie is still paying for Jerry Angelo not being able to get him the talent needed to compete with the best of teams…

And what evidence do you have that McCoy could be better than Lovie? It works both ways…I was for keeping the guy who lead us to 10 wins in an injury filled season…your for anyone who runs an offence…

I like McCoy…I honesty do…but I don’t think he has proven enough to be the HC of the Bears yet.

Did you think Lovie was proven enough to take over the Bears as head coach when he was hired back in 2004? Because, like McCoy, he was only a coordinator for three seasons prior to that and was a position coach for the rest of his career before that.

To be honest if I would have had the same concerns about Lovie at the time…it’s a big job being Bears HC given not only the job but the media…Lovie had only been a DC for 3 years but he was 46 years old when he was hired and had been coaching since the early 80s…McCoy is a little younger and doesn’t have as much overall coaching experience…like I said I like the guy but as I said before Lovie was let go…I don’t think there are many…if any…coordinators out there who don’t have any question marks.

I see where your concern lies but pretty much every candidate for the Bears head coaching position or any other head coaching position is going to have question marks that come with them. Whether it's an up and comer coordinator who's never been a head coach before or a former head coach who was fired from their previous position or retired for personal reasons, none of us have an accurate idea on how they will do in this new situation.

You just have to trust the process, and trust the main person in charge who is leading the coaching search. Have a little faith. While I may not be totally enamored with the person the Bears do end up hiring at first glance, I'm not going to come to any ridiculous conclusions based on things I don't know. And the same should be said for the rest of you.

No doubt...but it is naive to ignore those issues...they are worth discussing as well as the strengths of each candidate.
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd imagine that the whole staff was let go, correct? Dave Toub is looking for a job?

If so - come to Houston, Dave Toub. I'll scare Joe Marciano into hiding, and the job is ALL yours. Very Happy

vike daddy wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
I wanna be a mod.

vastly over rated.
GOGRIESE

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EliteTexan80 wrote:
I'd imagine that the whole staff was let go, correct? Dave Toub is looking for a job?

If so - come to Houston, Dave Toub. I'll scare Joe Marciano into hiding, and the job is ALL yours. Very Happy

Not let go yet but probably will be once a HC is hired.I think Toub is the only one who stays.

^^ props to Ty on the sig Smile

2013-Adopt A Bear- CB Tim Jennings #26
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOGRIESE wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:

Not let go yet but probably will be once a HC is hired.I think Toub is the only one who stays.
They'll want Toub to stay, but it's unlikely he will since he was snubbed for even an interview here, and they've interviewed inferior ST coaches. JD said maybe he follows Andy Reid, or could also follow Lovie.

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
GOGRIESE

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:

They'll want Toub to stay, but it's unlikely he will since he was snubbed for even an interview here, and they've interviewed inferior ST coaches. JD said maybe he follows Andy Reid, or could also follow Lovie.

Who's to say they wont interview him? The process isnt over yet.

ShaggyBear

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOGRIESE wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:

They are going to interview playoff assistant coaches first as there is a limited window to interview them. Then will come the rest of the candidates.

Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShaggyBear wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:

They are going to interview playoff assistant coaches first as there is a limited window to interview them. Then will come the rest of the candidates.
Well they better get on it, b/c Andy Reid is putting his staff together right now. This isn't coming from me, but a Bears beat reporter, Toub isn't staying as ST Coach.

WindyCity

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
ShaggyBear wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:

Well they better get on it, b/c Andy Reid is putting his staff together right now. This isn't coming from me, but a Bears beat reporter, Toub isn't staying as ST Coach.

I don't expect him to stay. And while Toub is a great coach he at the end of the day is a special teams coach and we will have to move on.

I expect that the new coach will ask Rod to come back and he will decline and follow Lovie. The John Hoke for DC idea is interesting.

I expect there will be 1 coach who may survive and that is Jeremy Bates because he knows how to control and keep Cutle happy.
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
ShaggyBear wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:

I don't expect him to stay. And while Toub is a great coach he at the end of the day is a special teams coach and we will have to move on.

I expect that the new coach will ask Rod to come back and he will decline and follow Lovie. The John Hoke for DC idea is interesting.

I expect there will be 1 coach who may survive and that is Jeremy Bates because he knows how to control and keep Cutle happy.
I think Bates is probably gone as well, we are going the offensive route, and as such the HC is going to want HIS OC, HIS QB coach, HIS OL coach, etc...Bates is likely done here as well. If Hoke stays we can keep some semblance of continuity on the defense, but other than that, this team is going to look a lot different next year.

Badger75

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a shame that after Lovie Smith's team placed 5 players in the Pro Bowl, this board cuts him up.

Thats what happened to Mike Ditka when he was fired. Same bashing.

HH loves novelty. The ambiguous lines of authority give HH control.

The NFL's #2 market deserves better.

Every era has more than one or two football minds involved.

The 1980's in Chicago were the result of Jim Finks, Bill Tobin, Mike Ditka and Buddy Ryan.

It will take more than Emery + HC to construct a playoff bound team.
GOGRIESE

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Badger75 wrote:
What a shame that after Lovie Smith's team placed 5 players in the Pro Bowl, this board cuts him up.

The 1980's in Chicago were the result of Jim Finks, Bill Tobin, Mike Ditka and Buddy Ryan.

Are you going to spew this crap in every thread?

AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Badger75 wrote:

So as someone who is constantly posting about how the Bears don't measure up to the rest of the division, are you now advocating that they should have maintained that status quo that wasn't good enough? That doesn't make a great deal of sense...

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
topwop1

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
Badger75 wrote:

So as someone who is constantly posting about how the Bears don't measure up to the rest of the division, are you now advocating that they should have maintained that status quo that wasn't good enough? That doesn't make a great deal of sense...

LOL I can't believe that some of you don't know by now how Badger operates. He brings up these ridiculous comments/threads in order to get you guys going. I find it highly entertaining but I'm not taking the bait. I can't really take the guy seriously.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
ShaggyBear wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:

I think Bates is probably gone as well, we are going the offensive route, and as such the HC is going to want HIS OC, HIS QB coach, HIS OL coach, etc...Bates is likely done here as well. If Hoke stays we can keep some semblance of continuity on the defense, but other than that, this team is going to look a lot different next year.

I hope Bates is gone we don't need a Cutler yes man we need someone who is going to be demanding and make him take a step.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 18 of 20

Jump to: