Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

UPDATED: Rod Graves And Ken Whisenhunt OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stchamp98

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shawn wrote:
If the Michael Vick thing is your pitch to be an NFL GM my advise to you would be to not quit your day-job XoX.

the guy was elite QB for half a season roughly. and honestly, Vick's performance is one of the reason's Andy Reid is searching for a new job as we speak.

Ya. 3 seasons, losing record over that span, 0 playoff wins. That's not an "I told you so" moment there bud.

Last edited by stchamp98 on Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
AZCardinalsFan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vick would be an upgrade of what we have right now. But it honestly isnt that hard to do.

Deadpulse
stchamp98

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been a helluva whirlwind day, gonna be just as crazy the next few days/weeks. Hope you guys remember to take your vitamins, gonna need the energy.

Last edited by stchamp98 on Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
x0x

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
shawn wrote:
If the Michael Vick thing is your pitch to be an NFL GM my advise to you would be to not quit your day-job XoX.

the guy was elite QB for half a season roughly. and honestly, Vick's performance is one of the reason's Andy Reid is searching for a new job as we speak.

Ya. 3 seasons, losing record over that span, 0 playoff wins. That's not an "I told you so" moment there bud.

I think considering what this organization gave up for Kolb because they didn't have Vick, it is an "I told you so".

Obviously we can contemplate dreams galore. I'm just saying Whisenhunt being gone is a negative until I am proven wrong.

And frankly, the only way this firing is proven well is if THE NEXT GUY comes in and either leads us to a Super Bowl or puts together a string of playoff appearances.

Till then, I'll lay low. You all know my opinion on this.
stchamp98

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

x0x wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
shawn wrote:

I think considering what this organization gave up for Kolb because they didn't have Vick, it is an "I told you so".

have you not seen Michael Vick's salary?

Bottom line, Kolb or Vick, we're sitting in the same spot today as either guy's performance would have gotten Ken Whisenhunt fired. If you want to say that's an "I told you so" type deal I guess you can but I can't say with a straight face that I would.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
Been a helluva whirlwind day, gonna be just as crazy the next few days/weeks. Hope you guys remember to take your vitamins, gonna need the energy.

Right... Crazy day there were 7 HC's and 5 GM's fired in a day.

Deadpulse
stchamp98

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Per Jurecki, the Chargers have asked for permission to interview Steve Keim for their vacant general manager position.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
Listening to MJ right now, says Buffalo has come calling for Horton.

Best guess is we need to interview a minority candidate. Our current defensive roster has moved almost completely away from the 3-4...we'd need to rebuild from scratch. Again. And we just switched to the 4-3...makes no sense to hire Horton IMO. Besides, I really want Horton running the Cards and hope that happens. Ray's earned it...so have the fans.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Champ, saw your post with the text exchange with your buddy. Do you think he's safe if Keim is promoted? Hope he's OK. I've had to let go talented people before - it sucks. Canning a thief, a liar, etc. is easy. Telling someone they no longer have a job through no fault of their own is the absolute worst.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best case scenario to me is Horton HC, Keim GM, and someone like Norv Turner for OC.

But, at this point, I would take any staff improvement that can take full advantage of the talent on both sides of the ball and get us back into the playoffs.
AZPSquared

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iRobot wrote:
Best case scenario to me is Horton HC, Keim GM, and someone like Norv Turner for OC.

But, at this point, I would take any staff improvement that can take full advantage of the talent on both sides of the ball and get us back into the playoffs.

Turner want to go somewhere where he knows people and somewhere with a QB. Thats not AZ.
DDOCKETT90

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZPSquared wrote:
iRobot wrote:

Turner want to go somewhere where he knows people and somewhere with a QB. Thats not AZ.

There are no teams with qbs Confused

matthouston91 made it!
AZPSquared

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DDOCKETT90 wrote:
AZPSquared wrote:
iRobot wrote:

What do mean? There are plenty of teams with QB's. Turner is interested in Dallas
stchamp98

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chicago has a QB but with no head coach there, it'd be impossible to predict whether or not Turner would get consideration there. The Bears reportedly want an offensive minded coach too, in which case Turner may not have say in the offensive decisions making.

It's a good point. Every team needing an offensive coordinator has no QB to speak of. LOL, except for San Diego but I don't see Norv as a candidate there....

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZPSquared wrote:
DDOCKETT90 wrote:
AZPSquared wrote:
iRobot wrote:

What do mean? There are plenty of teams with QB's. Turner is interested in Dallas

I linked it a few pages back, Garrett said today he will NOT give up the offensive playcalling responsibilities.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 10 of 11

Jump to: