Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

UPDATED: Rod Graves And Ken Whisenhunt OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
stchamp98


Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

Joined: 11 Apr 2005
Posts: 52978
Location: Havre, Montana
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shawn wrote:
If the Michael Vick thing is your pitch to be an NFL GM my advise to you would be to not quit your day-job XoX.

the guy was elite QB for half a season roughly. and honestly, Vick's performance is one of the reason's Andy Reid is searching for a new job as we speak.


Ya. 3 seasons, losing record over that span, 0 playoff wins. That's not an "I told you so" moment there bud.
_________________


Last edited by stchamp98 on Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AZCardinalsFan


Joined: 17 Nov 2008
Posts: 1161
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vick would be an upgrade of what we have right now. But it honestly isnt that hard to do.
_________________

Deadpulse
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stchamp98


Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

Joined: 11 Apr 2005
Posts: 52978
Location: Havre, Montana
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been a helluva whirlwind day, gonna be just as crazy the next few days/weeks. Hope you guys remember to take your vitamins, gonna need the energy.
_________________


Last edited by stchamp98 on Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
x0x


Joined: 10 Jul 2008
Posts: 15199
Location: Ontario, Canada
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
shawn wrote:
If the Michael Vick thing is your pitch to be an NFL GM my advise to you would be to not quit your day-job XoX.

the guy was elite QB for half a season roughly. and honestly, Vick's performance is one of the reason's Andy Reid is searching for a new job as we speak.


Ya. 3 seasons, losing record over that span, 0 playoff wins. That's not an "I told you so" moment there bud.


I think considering what this organization gave up for Kolb because they didn't have Vick, it is an "I told you so".


Obviously we can contemplate dreams galore. I'm just saying Whisenhunt being gone is a negative until I am proven wrong.


And frankly, the only way this firing is proven well is if THE NEXT GUY comes in and either leads us to a Super Bowl or puts together a string of playoff appearances.


Till then, I'll lay low. You all know my opinion on this.
_________________
Legends Never Die. They Breathe Through The New Generation.
100 Greatest Quarterbacks of All Time
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stchamp98


Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

Joined: 11 Apr 2005
Posts: 52978
Location: Havre, Montana
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

x0x wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
shawn wrote:
If the Michael Vick thing is your pitch to be an NFL GM my advise to you would be to not quit your day-job XoX.

the guy was elite QB for half a season roughly. and honestly, Vick's performance is one of the reason's Andy Reid is searching for a new job as we speak.


Ya. 3 seasons, losing record over that span, 0 playoff wins. That's not an "I told you so" moment there bud.


I think considering what this organization gave up for Kolb because they didn't have Vick, it is an "I told you so".


have you not seen Michael Vick's salary?

Bottom line, Kolb or Vick, we're sitting in the same spot today as either guy's performance would have gotten Ken Whisenhunt fired. If you want to say that's an "I told you so" type deal I guess you can but I can't say with a straight face that I would.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AZCardinalsFan


Joined: 17 Nov 2008
Posts: 1161
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
Been a helluva whirlwind day, gonna be just as crazy the next few days/weeks. Hope you guys remember to take your vitamins, gonna need the energy.


Right... Crazy day there were 7 HC's and 5 GM's fired in a day.
_________________

Deadpulse
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stchamp98


Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

Joined: 11 Apr 2005
Posts: 52978
Location: Havre, Montana
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Per Jurecki, the Chargers have asked for permission to interview Steve Keim for their vacant general manager position.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Yibbyl


Joined: 21 Apr 2011
Posts: 2296
Location: Redding, CA
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
Listening to MJ right now, says Buffalo has come calling for Horton.

Best guess is we need to interview a minority candidate. Our current defensive roster has moved almost completely away from the 3-4...we'd need to rebuild from scratch. Again. And we just switched to the 4-3...makes no sense to hire Horton IMO. Besides, I really want Horton running the Cards and hope that happens. Ray's earned it...so have the fans.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Yibbyl


Joined: 21 Apr 2011
Posts: 2296
Location: Redding, CA
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Champ, saw your post with the text exchange with your buddy. Do you think he's safe if Keim is promoted? Hope he's OK. I've had to let go talented people before - it sucks. Canning a thief, a liar, etc. is easy. Telling someone they no longer have a job through no fault of their own is the absolute worst.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
iRobot


Joined: 17 Nov 2011
Posts: 789
Location: Mesa, AZ
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best case scenario to me is Horton HC, Keim GM, and someone like Norv Turner for OC.

But, at this point, I would take any staff improvement that can take full advantage of the talent on both sides of the ball and get us back into the playoffs.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AZPSquared


Joined: 17 Oct 2012
Posts: 1416
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iRobot wrote:
Best case scenario to me is Horton HC, Keim GM, and someone like Norv Turner for OC.

But, at this point, I would take any staff improvement that can take full advantage of the talent on both sides of the ball and get us back into the playoffs.


Turner want to go somewhere where he knows people and somewhere with a QB. Thats not AZ.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DDOCKETT90


Joined: 25 Mar 2011
Posts: 702
Location: GILBERT, AZ
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZPSquared wrote:
iRobot wrote:
Best case scenario to me is Horton HC, Keim GM, and someone like Norv Turner for OC.

But, at this point, I would take any staff improvement that can take full advantage of the talent on both sides of the ball and get us back into the playoffs.


Turner want to go somewhere where he knows people and somewhere with a QB. Thats not AZ.

There are no teams with qbs Confused
_________________

matthouston91 made it!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AZPSquared


Joined: 17 Oct 2012
Posts: 1416
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DDOCKETT90 wrote:
AZPSquared wrote:
iRobot wrote:
Best case scenario to me is Horton HC, Keim GM, and someone like Norv Turner for OC.

But, at this point, I would take any staff improvement that can take full advantage of the talent on both sides of the ball and get us back into the playoffs.


Turner want to go somewhere where he knows people and somewhere with a QB. Thats not AZ.

There are no teams with qbs Confused


What do mean? There are plenty of teams with QB's. Turner is interested in Dallas
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stchamp98


Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

Joined: 11 Apr 2005
Posts: 52978
Location: Havre, Montana
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chicago has a QB but with no head coach there, it'd be impossible to predict whether or not Turner would get consideration there. The Bears reportedly want an offensive minded coach too, in which case Turner may not have say in the offensive decisions making.

It's a good point. Every team needing an offensive coordinator has no QB to speak of. LOL, except for San Diego but I don't see Norv as a candidate there....
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stchamp98


Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

Joined: 11 Apr 2005
Posts: 52978
Location: Havre, Montana
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZPSquared wrote:
DDOCKETT90 wrote:
AZPSquared wrote:
iRobot wrote:
Best case scenario to me is Horton HC, Keim GM, and someone like Norv Turner for OC.

But, at this point, I would take any staff improvement that can take full advantage of the talent on both sides of the ball and get us back into the playoffs.


Turner want to go somewhere where he knows people and somewhere with a QB. Thats not AZ.

There are no teams with qbs Confused


What do mean? There are plenty of teams with QB's. Turner is interested in Dallas


I linked it a few pages back, Garrett said today he will NOT give up the offensive playcalling responsibilities.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 10 of 11

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group