Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

End of Season Mock 3 Rounds

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TommyC376

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:58 am    Post subject: End of Season Mock 3 Rounds Reply with quote

Way too early for this, but here goes nothing.

Coaching Changes
I think that the entire staff is let go. The new HC would be able to say if any of this staff is retained.

Head Coach - Jim Tressel - Tressel is a guy who knows how to be a HC, although he never has been a HC in the NFL I think he is a guy who can come in and make Buffalo comeptitive. Tressel knows that you run to set up the pass. Hell he made Terrell Pryor look like a half way decent QB.

Resign
OG Andy Levitre - No brainer.

FS Jairus Byrd - Again another no brainer. I hope we resign him to a long term contract but if we cannot, I believe he will be franchised.

WR Donald Jones - Tendered.
WR David Nelson - Tendered.
DE Kyle Moore - short term deal he needs to prove that he can be an all around DE who cna play the run.

Free Agents
Derek Cox CB - Cox is a good corner who is generally unknown because he plays for Jacksonville. But he can come in and compete for the #2 CB role opposite Gilmore.

Brandon Gibson WR - Gibson had a solid season in 2012. He can be a good compliment to Stevie Johnson as well.

Quinn Johnson FB - Its simple we need a real FB who can open holes for our stud RBs, and that is exaclty what Quinn Johnson can do.

Draft
Round 1: Manti Te'o - LB - Notre Dame

Round 2: DeAndre Hopkins - WR - Clemson

Round 3: Landry Jones - QB - Oklahoma

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be perfectly fine with all of this. I know Tressel doesn't have NFL HC experience, but (just about) any kind of a fresh start will be ok with me at this point lol.

If Justin Hunter is there, I'd take him over Hopkins, but I wouldn't be upset either way. Another guy to think about is Da'Rick Rogers. He was one of the top WR prospects before being suspended (for drugs) and transferring to Tenn Tech. He seems to have cleaned up his act, and could end up being another Julio Jones in the NFL.

All in all though, I'd be happy with this offseason.
BBF doesn't get run over by cars, cars get run over by BBF
NIKEJWN

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigBillsFan13 wrote:
I would be perfectly fine with all of this. I know Tressel doesn't have NFL HC experience, but (just about) any kind of a fresh start will be ok with me at this point lol.

If Justin Hunter is there, I'd take him over Hopkins, but I wouldn't be upset either way. Another guy to think about is Da'Rick Rogers. He was one of the top WR prospects before being suspended (for drugs) and transferring to Tenn Tech. He seems to have cleaned up his act, and could end up being another Julio Jones in the NFL.

All in all though, I'd be happy with this offseason.

Not to shabby and I would be fine with this for sure. I to like Rogers as my favorite WR prospect after Allen and Terrance Williams. He could turn out to be the best of the bunch and might be worth the risk in rd 2.

Max's 2010 Annual Draft Contest Winner

Adopt a Bill 2011- SS George Wilson
CB Drayton Florence
marshawn lynch

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please say no to Landry Jones. He is pretty bad. Nassib, Dysert, and Bray would all be better picks at that spot. I might even consider Manuel over him and that is saying something.

Gibson seems like a lateral move to me as well. He had 51 catches, 691 yards, and 5 TDs in 16 games. Jones played in 12 and had 41, 443, and 4. So in 4 extra game Gibson only had 10 more catches, 250 yards, and 1 more TD.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

marshawn lynch wrote:
Please say no to Landry Jones. He is pretty bad. Nassib, Dysert, and Bray would all be better picks at that spot. I might even consider Manuel over him and that is saying something.

Gibson seems like a lateral move to me as well. He had 51 catches, 691 yards, and 5 TDs in 16 games. Jones played in 12 and had 41, 443, and 4. So in 4 extra game Gibson only had 10 more catches, 250 yards, and 1 more TD.
Come on man your better than that. Dont just look at the stats. Gibson is an all around better WR than Donald Jones is.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TommyC376 wrote:
marshawn lynch wrote:

Come on man your better than that. Dont just look at the stats. Gibson is an all around better WR than Donald Jones is.

I know that but I thought the point of an upgrade is to get better production. I just don't see him as that much better of a reciever. Jones was having an alright season before he got hurt. Sure we can do so much better but I just don't think Gibson is it. I would like Amendola though.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

marshawn lynch wrote:
TommyC376 wrote:
marshawn lynch wrote:

I know that but I thought the point of an upgrade is to get better production. I just don't see him as that much better of a reciever. Jones was having an alright season before he got hurt. Sure we can do so much better but I just don't think Gibson is it. I would like Amendola though.
I thought about that too. But he is more of a slot WR, we already have a few of them on the roster including David Nelson, TJ Graham and even Stevie Johnson would do a lot of damage in the slot. We need WRs who can play on the outside.

With my mock you look at the top 4 WRs on the depth chart
1. Stevie Johnson (Slot?)
2. DeAndre Hopkins
3. Brandon Gibson
4. David Nelson

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good looking mock off season, except for Landry Jones.. Not buying what he is selling.
BigBillsFan13

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marshawn lynch wrote:
TommyC376 wrote:
marshawn lynch wrote:

Think about this too. Jones has played in 20 games over the last 2 years. Gibson has played in 31. Just being healthy and on the field is an upgrade in production.
BBF doesn't get run over by cars, cars get run over by BBF
Yibbyl

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BillsGuy82 wrote:
Good looking mock off season, except for Landry Jones.. Not buying what he is selling.

+1

Landry Jones really is not a good QB. Period. As much as I have argued against Bray, I would even gamble with him over Jones.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigBillsFan13 wrote:
marshawn lynch wrote:
TommyC376 wrote:
marshawn lynch wrote:

Think about this too. Jones has played in 20 games over the last 2 years. Gibson has played in 31. Just being healthy and on the field is an upgrade in production.

This is the point I was going to make. Jones has had issues staying healthy enough to play.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Give the Bills Alex Smith in FA and i could deal

thanks for the sig NS922!

Listen! I am standing at the door, knocking;
if you hear my voice and open the door,
I will come in to you and eat with you,
and you with me.
Revelation 3:20
TommyC376

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buffalo_Kid wrote:
Give the Bills Alex Smith in FA and i could deal
I would never do that. I am not a fan of Alex Smith at all. I dont like these check down QBs anymore.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: