Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Has Brian Urlacher played his last snap of football?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:30 am    Post subject: Has Brian Urlacher played his last snap of football? Reply with quote

That's the decision he has to come to this offseason. I don't expect there to be any rush on the decision. I imagine he'll be told to take his time. If he's career is over I really hate the way its ended. The face of this Bears team for a decade, he deserved to go out on his terms, not b/c his body couldn't hold up anymore. Still was one of the smartest players in the game this year. If it is goodbye, I'm sure Brian will be successful in whatever his future holds. Great player, great person. #54 will always have a special place in my heart, and its only a matter of time before he enters Canton, and #54 is becomes the next Bears jersey to be retired.

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With Lovie being fired, I have a strong feeling that Urlacher is now done.

AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's given his heart and soul to this team for 13 years. It would be a shame for him to not be able to leave on his own terms.

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope he retires a Bear.

But with Lovie gone I expect that Urlacher's money will be moved to the OL and Urlacher will sign in Arizona or 1 year.
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:

But with Lovie gone I expect that Urlacher's money will be moved to the OL and Urlacher will sign in Arizona or 1 year.
Why would Lach sign in AZ where they have an all pro type MLB already?

WindyCity

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
WindyCity wrote:

They run a 3-4 and need a 2nd MLB.

But more importantly I think that his family and kids are in Arizona and he lives there in the offseason.
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
WindyCity wrote:

But more importantly I think that his family and kids are in Arizona and he lives there in the offseason.
Lach isn't playing TED. He's no where near a good enough rusher.

WindyCity

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
WindyCity wrote:

That was the speculation on the radio this week that he wants to be in the Southwest because of his family.
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
WindyCity wrote:

That was the speculation on the radio this week that he wants to be in the Southwest because of his family.
I'd say he would be more likely to go to San Diego where they need a Mike than he would go play TED in AZ. If he goes somewhere else, I just want him to go somewhere he can win a Championship.

bkokot

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
WindyCity wrote:

I'd say he would be more likely to go to San Diego where they need a Mike than he would go play TED in AZ. If he goes somewhere else, I just want him to go somewhere he can win a Championship.

Are there any playoff teams this year who could even use Urlacher?

I'm not super familiar with the rosters, but the Vikings and the Falcons and maybe Denver seem like the only teams who would even consider him.

Seattle, New England, and Cincy are the only other playoff teams that run a 4-3, and they are all set at MLB.

2014 Adopt a Bear - DT Stephen Paea
Tackles - 26 TFL - 7 Sacks - 6 Passes Deflected - 2 Forced Fumbles - 1
CBears019

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Brian Urlacher - LB - Bears
Impending free agent Brian Urlacher made it clear that he's not ready to retire after an injury-plagued 13th season.
"I still feel like I can play some football," Urlacher said. "An offseason of rehab is going to help me. I didn't get a chance to do a lot last (summer) with my knee being banged up the whole time." Although Urlacher's preference is to stay in Chicago, he realizes the organization may move on after firing Lovie Smith.

I guess he still plans on playing in the NFL. I'd love for it to be here, but I understand it's a business.

Adopt-a-Bear: Martellus Bennett, TE
Rec: 77 Yds: 821 TD: 6

AZBearsFan wrote:

He's a playmaker though, and we can use more of those in the Devin.Fart
abdi7451

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're acting like he's already retired my man. Just wait and see. Everyone just needs to calm down.

Shoutouts to Delphi on the sig!

Adopt-a-Bear: Matt Blanchard l QB l #4 l P-Squad
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CBears019 wrote:
Quote:
Impending free agent Brian Urlacher made it clear that he's not ready to retire after an injury-plagued 13th season.
"I still feel like I can play some football," Urlacher said. "An offseason of rehab is going to help me. I didn't get a chance to do a lot last (summer) with my knee being banged up the whole time." Although Urlacher's preference is to stay in Chicago, he realizes the organization may move on after firing Lovie Smith.

I guess he still plans on playing in the NFL. I'd love for it to be here, but I understand it's a business.
Yeah I heard him on Waddle & Silvy say he still thinks he can play at high level, won't rule out returning to the Bears, but also said that following Lovie to his next job is a possibility as well.

AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
CBears019 wrote:
Quote:

Yeah I heard him on Waddle & Silvy say he still thinks he can play at high level, won't rule out returning to the Bears, but also said that following Lovie to his next job is a possibility as well.

Sort of ironic given that he has said on multiple occasions that he doesn't like playing cover 2 and would rather play attacking the OL.

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
DaMike

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
CBears019 wrote:
Quote:

Sort of ironic given that he has said on multiple occasions that he doesn't like playing cover 2 and would rather play attacking the OL.
Ya that's a good point. I think he may realize now that he has to take what he can get at this point in his career.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: