Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Reports: Raiders fire Knapp, Allen safe
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thelonebillsfan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will miss the meme's

Adopt a Bill: WR, Robert Woods 5 rec, 86 Yards, 1 TD's
Adopt a Bill: DE/OLB, Mario Williams 8 TKLS, 4.5 Sacks, 4.5 TFL
thelawoffices

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The memes will be missed a lot more than his playcalling.

#JDI
Raider87

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't really think Allen was ready to be a HC but I'm glad that he got another year.

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smart can't fire your HC after one year. Need some stability.

"You will never walk again... but you will fly"
You forget. My father had four sons.
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
oakdb36

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntiSuperstar wrote:
GaTechRavens wrote:

Carson Palmer had his best season in years in that offense.

Statistically, sure. Anyway, the Raiders offense took a nosedive this season with basically the same players on that side of the ball. I know some of that has to be blamed on the learning curve for a new system but Knapp's resume certainly doesn't help his case. It was a terrible hire and i'm glad he's finally gone.
coors

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No surprise here IMO.. ive never been sold on Knapp whatsoever, and that all starts from when he was here in Atlanta on Bobby Quitrino's staff, and he was the guy who was supposed to finally turn Mike Vick into the "pocket passer" and NFL style QB that everyone knew he was capable. In my opinion, that year he really did nothing, I saw no changes from Vick. Then, the whole Bobby Quitrino situation happened where he abruptly left his players a form-letter saying that he had quit and will be going to Arkansas while never saying those things to anyone's face here in Atlanta.. and Knapp happened to not only be our OC but also a really close friend of Quitrino, and I'm not quite sure if Knapp ended up leaving with him at that time, or he got out after the season ended (i don't remember exactly what happened at that time since it was quite a few years ago now, so the specifics have kind of lost me).

But anyways lol, I don't see Knapp as being a good OC at this level in the NFL..

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Out of interest, can the Raiders get out of Mike Briesel's contract with any ease at all? I am sure that the Raiders will want to get away from the ZBS next season, and Briesel had a rather poor year in the ZBS which is supposed to be his forte.

MUFC OK
oakdb36

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lomaxgr wrote:
Out of interest, can the Raiders get out of Mike Briesel's contract with any ease at all? I am sure that the Raiders will want to get away from the ZBS next season, and Briesel had a rather poor year in the ZBS which is supposed to be his forte.

They can. He's due 4.3M in base salary in 2013 and releasing him would lead to 2.7M in dead money from the acceleration of his prorated signing bonus. So the Raiders would save room against the salary cap with this move. I'm not sure the Raiders want to go away from the ZBS though. But even if they keep it, it doesn't mean Brisiel is safe.
91jmay

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It SOUNDS as if Allen will let the OC pick the style of offense and whether or not ZBS is part of that.

Quote:
Im not tied to a specific system.

http://www.ibabuzz.com/oaklandraiders/2012/12/31/allen-setting-sights-on-2013-and-beyond/

Think he knows that whilst he gets a pass for a talent devoid roster this year, if its 4-12 again in 2013 he will most likely be gone.

He's going to last until the 20's, quote that.

On Bridgewater.
Darkness

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

91jmay wrote:
It SOUNDS as if Allen will let the OC pick the style of offense and whether or not ZBS is part of that.

Quote:

http://www.ibabuzz.com/oaklandraiders/2012/12/31/allen-setting-sights-on-2013-and-beyond/

Think he knows that whilst he gets a pass for a talent devoid roster this year, if its 4-12 again in 2013 he will most likely be gone.

Talent devoid on defense. Not on offense. He's responsible for this being a lost season.
91jmay

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
91jmay wrote:

Quote:

Talent devoid on defense. Not on offense. He's responsible for this being a lost season.

No he isn't. We lost talent from the year previous were we finished 8-8. Maybe its just me, but I don't consider 8-8 a success.

He's going to last until the 20's, quote that.

On Bridgewater.
Darkness

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

91jmay wrote:
Darkness wrote:
91jmay wrote:

Quote:

No he isn't. We lost talent from the year previous were we finished 8-8. Maybe its just me, but I don't consider 8-8 a success.

Never said it was. Implementing systems on both sides of the ball that this team could continue with into the future would have been a success to me this season. But that didn't happen because he hired a moron to run the offense. Back to the drawing board after wasting a season.
Gridirongreat#9

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kind of odd. Didnt Allen pick Knapp to be on his staff? Thats a black eye on Allen's judge of talent vs scheme. If he is smart he'd go after Norv to be his OC.

DirtyJersey9er wrote:
I wish the friends of some girls I've talked to at bars/clubs were this bad at blocking.
oakdb36

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gridirongreat#9 wrote:
Kind of odd. Didnt Allen pick Knapp to be on his staff? Thats a black eye on Allen's judge of talent vs scheme. If he is smart he'd go after Norv to be his OC.

Allen was hired at the end of january. There wasn't many options left to fill his coaching staff at this point. His options were inexperienced guys or guys no one else thought about hiring. He most likely went with Knapp because they coached together in Atlanta and he at least knew they could get along. It was a mistake because Knapp sucks but i still understand why he did it. He better get it right this time though.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: