Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Report: Greg Knapp will be fired this week
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
raidr4life

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before the season started there was one thing Raider Nation agreed on which is rare and that was we all thought Knapp was a bad hire too bad we were right.
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BuckSavage wrote:
I think there's still a chance Allen gets fired this off-season.

I don't
BuckSavage

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OakRaiders3828 wrote:
BuckSavage wrote:

I don't

I do. Im certain his evaluation isn't finished.
raidr4life

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BuckSavage wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:
BuckSavage wrote:

I don't

If you been evaluating yourself you notice that the defense has improved and this team has continued to play hard for him that bodes well for his return. The front office knows we are short on talent so he will get another year.
Rolni

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BuckSavage wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:
BuckSavage wrote:

I don't

He is safe. Get over it.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TiberiusRising wrote:
SilverNBlackFan wrote:
Words can't desribe how much I hated greg knapp and his terrible offense. Glad allen and company weren't stubborn and cut bait.

Hasnt happened yet.

My biggest question is will we stick with WCO offense as Allen has said from day1 or will he be willing to use a different offense?

My question is why does it matter? Your a defensive minded HC. You should simply want the best coach who can call the plays and put the players in position to do what they do best and take that off your plate.

If the team is scoring points, who cares what the scheme is honestly. Go with what works, period.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On Allen and Tarver.

I'm impressed honestly. It was never going to go BOOM from the start. It was a work in progress. Injuries early didn't help. As the season progressed, they improved.

You've seen players buying in on defense. Players are swarming the ball and playing with high energy. There was no quit in them. They've also identified some young players who starting rounding into form Ross, Kidi. Found Gaither off the street who improved the MLB spot. Had Houston and Bryant really fired up and playing well.

I see the vision on defense. The talent isn't their yet, but a couple good pieces and they will start really clicking IMO.

Offense, disaster. There is talent there, just needs a coach who understands it. 3rd and 1. Slow developing outside run, works every time. Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Norv Turner would be the best hire. Make him asst Head Coach and give him complete control of the offense. Norv is a Cali guy so we do have a chance. Just pay the man!
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOOHOO!!!!!!

PM sig requests.
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:
SilverNBlackFan wrote:
Words can't desribe how much I hated greg knapp and his terrible offense. Glad allen and company weren't stubborn and cut bait.

Hasnt happened yet.

My biggest question is will we stick with WCO offense as Allen has said from day1 or will he be willing to use a different offense?

My question is why does it matter? Your a defensive minded HC. You should simply want the best coach who can call the plays and put the players in position to do what they do best and take that off your plate.

If the team is scoring points, who cares what the scheme is honestly. Go with what works, period.

I completly agree with you. But for some reason him and Reggie have been adament about the WCO.

I think Chan Gailey is a guy who would work here. Had pretty good offenses going with other duties in Buff and they dont really have super talented playmakers. Coached under Dan Reeves tree as well so I could see Reeves recomending him to Allen. I wouldnt mind if he brought Levitre with him either.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TiberiusRising wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:
SilverNBlackFan wrote:

Hasnt happened yet.

I completly agree with you. But for some reason him and Reggie have been adament about the WCO.

I think Chan Gailey is a guy who would work here. Had pretty good offenses going with other duties in Buff and they dont really have super talented playmakers. Coached under Dan Reeves tree as well so I could see Reeves recomending him to Allen. I wouldnt mind if he brought Levitre with him either.

Oh now your just being silly.......... Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chan Gailey would be a nice OC. Also ran some pistol O as well in KC for all you TP fans Wink

1. Is Hayden going to be a bust? Sure looked like it last year IMO..But I give him a pass because he almost died…therefore I believe anyone who almost dies deserves a pass……………

A principle to live by..
dawsonleery

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, both Allen and McKenzie seem to be big fans of the WCO and ZBS. They both have a history of being around it. But its clearly not a fit in Oakland. It going to be interesting to see what happens.
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

91jmay wrote:
Chan Gailey would be a nice OC. Also ran some pistol O as well in KC for all you TP fans Wink

Come to think of it we should get JoeD'Alessandris from Buff for our OL. Made Pears look like a starter.
BigD1123

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gaily had Spiller and didnt use him. That kid is crazy good. He is a good guy too. Never understood that. Id love to swap d Mac for spiller

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: