Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

D Hall wants to stay ..
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
RSkinGM


Joined: 06 Mar 2007
Posts: 3718
Location: Richmond, Va
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:19 pm    Post subject: D Hall wants to stay .. Reply with quote

http://theredzone.org/BlogDescription/tabid/61/EntryId/31999/Redskins-CB-DeAngelo-Hall-willing-to-discuss-reworking-contract/Default.aspx

I just don't feel it -- think they'll move on, younger , cheaper..
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 62505
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DHall needs to play better and take a pay cut
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md
Quote:
Days until: @Baltimore 2; Final Cuts 9; Reg Season 17
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
daboyle250


Joined: 29 Nov 2011
Posts: 4168
Location: My House
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He said he'll willing to go as far as a restructured contract or a pay cut to stay with them. He says that something is building here that he really likes.

http://www.realredskins.com/rich-tandlers-real-redsk/2013/01/hall-may-be-willing-to-restructure-deal-to-return-to-redskins.html
_________________

DCRED wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
I'm still cleaning up the stains in my pants! Laughing
Ewwww.
worse thing is they've been there since Shanahan was fired
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 62505
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

daboyle250 wrote:
He said he'll willing to go as far as a restructured contract or a pay cut to stay with them. He says that something is building here that he really likes.

http://www.realredskins.com/rich-tandlers-real-redsk/2013/01/hall-may-be-willing-to-restructure-deal-to-return-to-redskins.html
well that's good. He needs to cut his salary in 3/4 and no extended years Laughing
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md
Quote:
Days until: @Baltimore 2; Final Cuts 9; Reg Season 17
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Doc Draper


Joined: 18 Dec 2012
Posts: 777
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why not restructure it and make it so if he doesn't improve he doesnt get the money and we don't take the cap hit. He is an asset( not a great one ,but the best corner we have now).

Im hoping Minnifield rehabs successfully and Crawford gets 100% stronger so he can tackle somebody and we have some CB depth. We will definitely get a corner in FA or the draft. I'm hoping we learn from Seattle and acquire and/or draft a big corner with better skills than C. Griffin.

We need two new safeties as we have 0 at free safety and Merriweather can start next year at the other safety. Say goodbye to Gomes and we are keeping Doughty. Doughty is too slow and can't cover, but he plays well on special teams and is a gamer. I like him for depth.

2013 Defense Backfield:
CB: Hall, Wilson, Crawford, Minnifield, New FA corner and new draft pick corner (both over 6 feet tall so no to Honey Badger, plus Hall is the only head case we need)
S: Merriweather, Doughty, Bernstein(he is my sleeper for next year and will probably be on practice squad), New free agent safety and New Drafted Safety


I'm hoping we get USC safety McDonald and Amerson in draft and will have to probably trade up to get one of these earlier than our round 2 and 3 selections.

If neither of these are there in round 2 I think we very seriously look at trading the second for a first in 2014 and try to recoup some by getting a 1 in 2014.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jeezy Fanatic


Joined: 29 Mar 2007
Posts: 23012
Location: The DMV; Proud Alumnus of the University of Miami, Class of 2011
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DHall isn't as bad as some of you make him out to be. He was great down the stretch and played very well yesterday in the loss to Seattle. For a paycut he's definitely worthy of a starting corner spot I believe.
_________________


Where you go we'll follow! Let's go USMNT!!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
footy_29


Joined: 31 Jan 2007
Posts: 11397
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeezy Fanatic wrote:
DHall isn't as bad as some of you make him out to be. He was great down the stretch and played very well yesterday in the loss to Seattle. For a paycut he's definitely worthy of a starting corner spot I believe.


Exactly.

If you want a #2 corner in free agency, you are probably going to be playing close to what DeAngelo earned this season, probably a bit more. Good corners are very valuable. If he plays like he did for the last half of the season, then he is undeniably worth $8.3MM next season.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
A TRAIN 89


Joined: 21 Jan 2009
Posts: 947
Location: the land of plenty
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

footy_29 wrote:
Jeezy Fanatic wrote:
DHall isn't as bad as some of you make him out to be. He was great down the stretch and played very well yesterday in the loss to Seattle. For a paycut he's definitely worthy of a starting corner spot I believe.


Exactly.

If you want a #2 corner in free agency, you are probably going to be playing close to what DeAngelo earned this season, probably a bit more. Good corners are very valuable. If he plays like he did for the last half of the season, then he is undeniably worth $8.3MM next season.


Agree. Even with all of the bonehead plays, nobody stands up for his team and his players more than D. Hall. Fiery player who is an easy target because he is an opportunistic corner. He is a great tackler, has good instincts and plays with passion. In this day and age, finding great corners let alone decent ones is not easy. We need to make smart financial decisions because of the bogus salary cap penalty. We still need another corner and a safety or 2, but for the right price, we should still keep him.

Just my 2 cents
_________________
RIP SSF
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 62505
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He had a great tackle on Lynch's TD run
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md
Quote:
Days until: @Baltimore 2; Final Cuts 9; Reg Season 17
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
footy_29


Joined: 31 Jan 2007
Posts: 11397
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
He had a great tackle on Lynch's TD run


Laughing Laughing

DeAngelo Hall is easily one of the top 20 tackling corners in the league. London Fletcher has missed more tackles this season than DeAngelo Hall by my count.

If there is any defensive player that deserves blame for their performance yesterday, it's easily Ryan Kerrigan. But sure, people want to hate on DeAngelo Hall.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
21 ALL THE WAY


Joined: 18 Dec 2008
Posts: 3295
Location: WASHINGTON DC
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
He had a great tackle on Lynch's TD run


Lets not forget him shutting down Mr Bryant and with that said if we decided to play him like that against any other team in the division or league I don't see why Hall couldn't perform just as well.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dro


Joined: 28 Dec 2010
Posts: 376
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
He had a great tackle on Lynch's TD run



cue the nitpicker.

Dhall played decent yesterday, but he proved to us what he could do against Dallas.
_________________
In Shanny I Trust
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 62505
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

footy_29 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
He had a great tackle on Lynch's TD run


Laughing Laughing

DeAngelo Hall is easily one of the top 20 tackling corners in the league. London Fletcher has missed more tackles this season than DeAngelo Hall by my count.

If there is any defensive player that deserves blame for their performance yesterday, it's easily Ryan Kerrigan. But sure, people want to hate on DeAngelo Hall.
not on that play which was one of the most important plays of the game. DHall has lapses, that's my main problem with him. He'll look good most of the game but it seems like most big plays are made on him when he makes a mistake.

I'd let him go and throw that $ at Dashon Goldson
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md
Quote:
Days until: @Baltimore 2; Final Cuts 9; Reg Season 17
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 62505
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
He had a great tackle on Lynch's TD run


Lets not forget him shutting down Mr Bryant and with that said if we decided to play him like that against any other team in the division or league I don't see why Hall couldn't perform just as well.
did Bryant play yesterday?

That's in the past. He has consistency issues. Always has, they were on display yesterday.

If he takes a 1/2 pay cut to stay it might be worth it, then we can sign Dashon Goldson to cover up for him when he makes his 5-10 blown coverages a game
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md
Quote:
Days until: @Baltimore 2; Final Cuts 9; Reg Season 17


Last edited by turtle28 on Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
21 ALL THE WAY


Joined: 18 Dec 2008
Posts: 3295
Location: WASHINGTON DC
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
He had a great tackle on Lynch's TD run


Lets not forget him shutting down Mr Bryant and with that said if we decided to play him like that against any other team in the division or league I don't see why Hall couldn't perform just as well.
dud Bryant play yesterday?

That's in the past. He has consistency issues. Always has, they were on display yesterday.

If he takes a 1/2 pay cut to stay it might be worth it, then we can sign Dashon Goldson to cover up for him when he makes his 5-10 blown coverages a game


Didn't get to see the game so I can't comment on his play against the Seahakws.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group