Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

D Hall wants to stay ..
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RSkinGM

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:19 pm    Post subject: D Hall wants to stay .. Reply with quote

http://theredzone.org/BlogDescription/tabid/61/EntryId/31999/Redskins-CB-DeAngelo-Hall-willing-to-discuss-reworking-contract/Default.aspx

I just don't feel it -- think they'll move on, younger , cheaper..
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DHall needs to play better and take a pay cut
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
daboyle250

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He said he'll willing to go as far as a restructured contract or a pay cut to stay with them. He says that something is building here that he really likes.

http://www.realredskins.com/rich-tandlers-real-redsk/2013/01/hall-may-be-willing-to-restructure-deal-to-return-to-redskins.html

DCRED wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
I'm still cleaning up the stains in my pants! Laughing
Ewwww.
worse thing is they've been there since Shanahan was fired
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

daboyle250 wrote:
He said he'll willing to go as far as a restructured contract or a pay cut to stay with them. He says that something is building here that he really likes.

http://www.realredskins.com/rich-tandlers-real-redsk/2013/01/hall-may-be-willing-to-restructure-deal-to-return-to-redskins.html
well that's good. He needs to cut his salary in 3/4 and no extended years Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Doc Draper

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why not restructure it and make it so if he doesn't improve he doesnt get the money and we don't take the cap hit. He is an asset( not a great one ,but the best corner we have now).

Im hoping Minnifield rehabs successfully and Crawford gets 100% stronger so he can tackle somebody and we have some CB depth. We will definitely get a corner in FA or the draft. I'm hoping we learn from Seattle and acquire and/or draft a big corner with better skills than C. Griffin.

We need two new safeties as we have 0 at free safety and Merriweather can start next year at the other safety. Say goodbye to Gomes and we are keeping Doughty. Doughty is too slow and can't cover, but he plays well on special teams and is a gamer. I like him for depth.

2013 Defense Backfield:
CB: Hall, Wilson, Crawford, Minnifield, New FA corner and new draft pick corner (both over 6 feet tall so no to Honey Badger, plus Hall is the only head case we need)
S: Merriweather, Doughty, Bernstein(he is my sleeper for next year and will probably be on practice squad), New free agent safety and New Drafted Safety

I'm hoping we get USC safety McDonald and Amerson in draft and will have to probably trade up to get one of these earlier than our round 2 and 3 selections.

If neither of these are there in round 2 I think we very seriously look at trading the second for a first in 2014 and try to recoup some by getting a 1 in 2014.
Jeezy Fanatic

Location: The DMV; Proud Alumnus of the University of Miami, Class of 2011
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DHall isn't as bad as some of you make him out to be. He was great down the stretch and played very well yesterday in the loss to Seattle. For a paycut he's definitely worthy of a starting corner spot I believe.

Where you go we'll follow! Let's go USMNT!!!!
footy_29

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeezy Fanatic wrote:
DHall isn't as bad as some of you make him out to be. He was great down the stretch and played very well yesterday in the loss to Seattle. For a paycut he's definitely worthy of a starting corner spot I believe.

Exactly.

If you want a #2 corner in free agency, you are probably going to be playing close to what DeAngelo earned this season, probably a bit more. Good corners are very valuable. If he plays like he did for the last half of the season, then he is undeniably worth $8.3MM next season.
A TRAIN 89

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

footy_29 wrote:
Jeezy Fanatic wrote:

Exactly.

If you want a #2 corner in free agency, you are probably going to be playing close to what DeAngelo earned this season, probably a bit more. Good corners are very valuable. If he plays like he did for the last half of the season, then he is undeniably worth $8.3MM next season.

Agree. Even with all of the bonehead plays, nobody stands up for his team and his players more than D. Hall. Fiery player who is an easy target because he is an opportunistic corner. He is a great tackler, has good instincts and plays with passion. In this day and age, finding great corners let alone decent ones is not easy. We need to make smart financial decisions because of the bogus salary cap penalty. We still need another corner and a safety or 2, but for the right price, we should still keep him.

Just my 2 cents
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He had a great tackle on Lynch's TD run
footy_29

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:

Laughing Laughing

DeAngelo Hall is easily one of the top 20 tackling corners in the league. London Fletcher has missed more tackles this season than DeAngelo Hall by my count.

If there is any defensive player that deserves blame for their performance yesterday, it's easily Ryan Kerrigan. But sure, people want to hate on DeAngelo Hall.
21 ALL THE WAY

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:

Lets not forget him shutting down Mr Bryant and with that said if we decided to play him like that against any other team in the division or league I don't see why Hall couldn't perform just as well.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:

cue the nitpicker.

Dhall played decent yesterday, but he proved to us what he could do against Dallas.
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

footy_29 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

Laughing Laughing

DeAngelo Hall is easily one of the top 20 tackling corners in the league. London Fletcher has missed more tackles this season than DeAngelo Hall by my count.

If there is any defensive player that deserves blame for their performance yesterday, it's easily Ryan Kerrigan. But sure, people want to hate on DeAngelo Hall.
not on that play which was one of the most important plays of the game. DHall has lapses, that's my main problem with him. He'll look good most of the game but it seems like most big plays are made on him when he makes a mistake.

I'd let him go and throw that $ at Dashon Goldson
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

Lets not forget him shutting down Mr Bryant and with that said if we decided to play him like that against any other team in the division or league I don't see why Hall couldn't perform just as well.
did Bryant play yesterday?

That's in the past. He has consistency issues. Always has, they were on display yesterday.

If he takes a 1/2 pay cut to stay it might be worth it, then we can sign Dashon Goldson to cover up for him when he makes his 5-10 blown coverages a game

Last edited by turtle28 on Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:06 am; edited 1 time in total
21 ALL THE WAY

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

dud Bryant play yesterday?

That's in the past. He has consistency issues. Always has, they were on display yesterday.

If he takes a 1/2 pay cut to stay it might be worth it, then we can sign Dashon Goldson to cover up for him when he makes his 5-10 blown coverages a game

Didn't get to see the game so I can't comment on his play against the Seahakws.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: