Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Wildcard: Seattle Seahawks vs Washington Redskins
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 37, 38, 39  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheDudeAbides

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, so noted: The Redskins Forum is for serious conversation only. No jokes. My apologies if any of y'all felt belittled or disrespected - t'was purely for sport. Any other visits to your forum will be for serious questions and discussion - sarcasm is not tolerated here, so I'm duly warned.

Remove the clearly blustery score predictions from my posts and see if they feel like trolling - they're not. I honestly feel as if this should be a really good game between two very similar teams. It's a road game which worries me, but not nearly as much as it would have six weeks ago... or if the game were a 10am pacific start time. I think the road thing is a bit overblown, but that's the great equalizer in this one.

I'm clearly rooting for a Seattle victory, but for the third time, want to wish both teams a healthy outcome and perhaps even an historic finish!

Go Hawks!

TommyC376 on the Sig
dmvmang

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
TheDudeAbides wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
TheDudeAbides wrote:
I call him Skee-lo, but no one seems to care about 90's hip-hop references, so DangerRuss it is... bleh.

I'm looking forward to one specific piece of this puzzle, and that's which team can more effectively shut down the other's read-option (bearing in mind that it makes up more of Washington's offense than it does Seattle's). I think you need a speedy defense with disciplined DEs and DBs who can jam guys at the line and still cover them man to man. I see Seattle's ability to do that being stronger than Washington's - and the Hawks have a more diverse offense outside of that set of plays.

Even if both teams shut it down equally... I'd have to say it's going to be Skee-lo versus a pretty suspect secondary pitted against Morris (stud, btw - should be getting a ton more ROY talk than he has) and a solid-but-not-so-elite-as-we-thought Seattle run D.

I like the matchup, even though I think the Skins are the toughest potential matchup for us in the playoffs. Other than TV jamming us up with 10am (Pacific) games on the East Coast, that is. Fortunately, this is a 1PM start time for us, so those road-woes y'all are resting your hopes upon are not so clear (Seattle played two non-10am road games this year... one was a Thursday night game which is a joke for the visiting team, pretty much always, and a 50-burger we dropped in Toronto against the Bills).

Here's to a hard-fought, hard-hitting game with no significant injuries on either side - let's get out of there healthy and without Pete running up the score *too* badly. I like the Skins despite their coach being one of our long-time rivals from back in the days of the AFC West...

Hawks 49, Skins 13.

Go Hawks!
you sounded like you were reasonable till you predicted the score! Shocked Rolling Eyes There is no way a team such as the Seahawks who is bad on the road and has to travel cross country to play on a playoff game blows out the Washington redskins who have been playing great ball also the past two months.

Whoopsie - caught my typo. Thanks!

Hawks 94, Skins 13.

(Seriously... no injuries, exciting game... Go Hawks!)

Much better!

He forgot the decimal point.

Hawks 94, Skins 1.3

Skins might lose this maybe. Well atleast we have 3 superbowls.
Last time I checked DC/bmore can support and keep an nba team. Too bad you will be watching the thunder win games with a rocking crowd and possibly win some championships with durant in Oklahoma. Come on man Oklahoma. Also, how are the mariners doing compared to the nats/orioles? Couldn't even win a title with griffey and johnson and keep arod. I can understand seattle fans confidence being made up for a lousy a baseball team and an nba team that moved. It must suck to know the mariners have been around a long time and the nationals in a short period of time built their organization better. Best record in baseball huh? I hope you enjoy your raul ibanez jersey and rooting for the university of washington. Georgetown and Maryland.... no comparison. Your last hope is the seahawks. Look forward to the same confidence when the nats or orioles play your mariners this season.
THESKINSFAN21

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great first post DMV,welcome! Cool

mike23md on the sig
Adopt A Redskin- Trent Murphy/OLB-14 Tackles, 1PD, 1 Sack,1FR
Thaiphoon

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Made an extreme sacrifice. Gave my ticket away to one of my brothers.

I will explain all later.

Being Vague Is Almost As Much Fun As That Other Thing
THESKINSFAN21

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thaiphoon wrote:

Shocked WOW!!!!

mike23md on the sig
skinsfanLA

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THESKINSFAN21 wrote:
SupeRG00F wrote:
Quote:
You're right, Minnesota does have the leagues best runner in Adrian Peterson, but we have the best rushing attack in the LEAGUE.

Our offense is ranked 5th overall and the Seahawks is ranked 17th.

NFL Team Leaders Total Offense

The Redskins are leading the league in rushing overall, like I said:

Alfred and RGIII are beast

Which is why we manhandled the Cowboys in running the ball down their throat and making their pro bowl DE look like a rookie.

Collectively on offense for passing, the Redskins are ranked 20th, while the mighty Seahawks are ranked 27th.

Seahawks not flying high

Let me point out one thing.

Above all else, our defensive coordinator has done some remarkable things with not only rookie QB's, but pro bowl experienced veterans with his defensive players that have collectively come together to play like a complete unit.

Tony Romo, who is collectively better than Russell Wilson and way more experienced, was completely fooled by the disguises that our defense was able to show him.

Eli Manning was completely fooled by the defenses that we threw at him.

Brandon Weeden, another rookie QB, was lost because of the disguises that the Redskins defense threw at him.

Expect nothing different for Mr. Wilson and look for him to get rattled if the secondary blitzes are getting to him. The disguises could cause a few turnovers like we did in the Dallas game.

DeAngelo Hall was able to shut down Dez Bryant, who is leaps and bounds better than any WR the Seahawks represent on offense, was shut down and ended up leaving the game with a questionable injury. In essence he gave up.

I just dont see how the Seahawks will have a chance for winning when our QB doesnt turnt he ball over, our RB is beasting the best of defenses and our defense is putting teams on lock down.

I mean, Good Luck guys, you're going to need it.
Jeez man, how long has this fanbase been waiting for this game? They are all READY and FIRED UP to beat the hell out of this scub Seattle team. Maybe they're jealous we have the State name Washington? That has to be another factor to the pure need and desire to win this Sunday.

Manning and Romo have not looked good this year, so using that as reasoning your defense is legit isn't a good arguement.

Seattle may have lost early in the year on grass, but beat Chicago in the Windy City isn't exactly a cake walk.

Look, if Seattle was a high flying passing team like GB or NE then yes, your reasoning is valid. Seattle is obviously a run first offense with Lynch being #3 in the league. So I really don't think the grass field matters much at all. The only thing that does matter is the environment of the fans with their pig noses and dropping their 15$ glasses of beer seeing Wilson and Lynch show RGIII and Morris how to run the option.

Good luck, you're going to need it.
Wink

$8 a beer Wink

Actually it's $9 Wink

Plus tip its $10, which may as well be $15. That's a lot if money for a 12oz Bud Light. Thank goodness there's an "Irish pub" near my section. Guinness flowing like water!, also $9 a beer by the way.

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Ahhhh the old "unnamed source". It's been way too long, my very credible friend!
skinsfanLA

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A TRAIN 89 wrote:
Tailgating advice? Looking to drink and eat and willing to pay!

One of thre options:

Tailgate yourself, there is a cash lot just outside of the stadium on Brightseat road. You and whoever you are going with pack a cooler, a grill, some chips and dip and a card table. Set it up and go to town. Get there early. Pack up an hour before the game. Don't put your grill in your car unless its cool to the touch (I watched a guy catch his car on fire last year when he put his still burning grill in The trunk)

Two, go to "the official Redskins forum" and sign up to bring something to their tailgate and you will be welcomed with open arms.

three, find a pay to participate tailgate. They have them for most games. Like a "Touchdown club" of some sort. Look around on the net.

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Ahhhh the old "unnamed source". It's been way too long, my very credible friend!
Thaiphoon

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THESKINSFAN21 wrote:
Thaiphoon wrote:

Shocked WOW!!!!

Yeah, you guys don't know how committed I am to this team (some say I should be committed - hehe). Again, I'll explain later.

Being Vague Is Almost As Much Fun As That Other Thing
49ers4life52

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rooting for you guys tomorrow. Love me some RG3.

Seahawks fans getting called out for trolling color me not suprised. Laughing

^Kempes^
sirensong

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ers4life52 wrote:

49ers fan with stick up his....

Big shock there. Sorry us Hawks fan don't subscribe to the NoFunLeague theory. We just like some friendly trash talk, we can take as much as we dish and all in good fun.
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ers4life52 wrote:

thanks. I'm rooting for you also this weekend! Wink Laughing

Easily the most controversy we've had since the rams game, they had a few on the edge of trolling also. Must be something in the water out there! Laughing

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Sandman55

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
His jersey # is 3, which is why they call him RW3 (though no one really calls him that, his real nickname is DangeRuss Wilson).

Just to clue you guys in on something you apparently didn't know.

Carry on.

I'll assume someone else put this up before I posted, but I didn't want to read a bunch of B.S. before pointing out the facts to this very weak answer.

RW gets called "RW3" as a joke.

To most people in Seattle it's a JOKE you think RG3 is better than RW.

We watch Sportscenter and laugh.

RW picked #3 to denote which round he was drafted in.

Many of us use it to mock the idea of RG3, the 2nd pick, as being some sort of god, while RW is the lowly piece of garbage picked in the 3rd round.

The fans call him RW3 to mock RG3. RW calls himself DangerRuss and uses the #3 to remind everyone (mostly himself) he was a 3rd round pick.
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sandman55 wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
His jersey # is 3, which is why they call him RW3 (though no one really calls him that, his real nickname is DangeRuss Wilson).

Carry on.

I'll assume someone else put this up before I posted, but I didn't want to read a bunch of B.S. before pointing out the facts to this very weak answer.

Many of us use it to mock the idea of RG3, the 2nd pick, as being some sort of god, while RW is the lowly piece of garbage picked in the 3rd round.

The fans call him RW3 to mock RG3. RW calls himself DangerRuss and uses the #3 to remind everyone (mostly himself) he was a 3rd round pick.
you know what's funny?

What's funny is the times you get to see Griffin play is only highlights from sports center. He's so much more than just a few highlights.

Also, another note. Rg3 doesn't even like his nickname. It was given to him in college, he could care less about it. He's such a mature young man that he wants to be called just Robert and referred to as such, but the media and fans have ran with the RG3 nickname for years so he's stuck with it.

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
THESKINSFAN21

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its that time!!!! Can't wait! Fedex is gonna be rockin'!!!

mike23md on the sig
mike23md

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sandman55 wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:

Carry on.

The fact that you had to explain this, in this way, is a joke.

I sense some insecurities and jealousy issues.

Man the gray and the rain have really hit Seattle hard. When I lived there, is was all I could do to not want to leave. It tested my will to live so bad. The doom and gloom was really just too much for someone that wanted to be happy. That is why I went to school on the other side of the Cascades. You at least get seasons.

DangerPuss Wilson is going to have to play like a champ today to have a chance. The Seattle secondary is vulnerable and believe me, our WR's are not afraid of them.

Good luck this afternoon, but don't get more depressed if the game doesn't go in your favor. Just have a latte and develop a website, maybe listen to some Nirvana and paint a picture of brighter days to come. Laughing

2015 REDSKINS DRAFT HOPEFUL
2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 37, 38, 39  Next
Page 16 of 39

Jump to: