Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Wildcard: Seattle Seahawks vs Washington Redskins
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 37, 38, 39  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ripsean21 wrote:
I must say no team in this league knows what they can do to stop Rg3! Not without 12 dropped passes and be calls on us with clear missed unreasonable late hits! This team is full of players who believe for once and next year could really break out all around because we have a group of men that put it together when no1 gave them a chance and would have gone to atl if they could of gotten one flag but Seattle obviously played a hard well executedgameplan with no dirty behavior! Rg3 at 50% proved that he's still way better then the rest of the guys compared when talking his success and impact for his team! Beginning of something special and we've just witnessed a very special season imo! Httr
we had 12 dropped passes yesterday?

I'm not sure rg3 at 50% showed us much except he has great heart and toughness, which is something but he agrivated the injury in the 1st quarter, and should have sat afrer that IMO. Mike Shanahan blew it yesterday. He is like a parent who can't say no to his kids when they want candy before dinner. Rg3 talked Mike into playing one too many times and from the way the injury looked, he could have tore a ligament this time or more, his knee buckled, my family and I could not watch the replays. Mikes greed, pride and downplaying his franchise qbs obvious serious knee injury backfied on him today. just like some of his questionable decisions from in personnel and coaching did the previous two seasons. His luck sadly ran out today and left him looking like a big liar in front of redskins fans and the media at the after game press conference and it made Dr James Andrews look like he smartest man in America.

As others have said, after Rg3 tweaked his knee on an attempted run and then doing his patented cut back to throw into the end zone instead of throwing the ball away or running out of bounds in the second quarter, the coach should have made the decision to pull him. It was admirable for rg3 to play, and rg3 is a tough cookie and great leader, but it was the WRONG coaching decision. Kirk has Proven since I've first watched him as a qb as a junior at Michigan state he is truly Captain Kirk Comeback! Sadly for rg3, I think the switch should have been made then. When Kirk came in in the forth he was composed and accurate, would have been nice to see that for 3 quarters. If we had that and stuck with the running game, I truly believe we leave today with a W.

Last edited by turtle28 on Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:33 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

footy_29 wrote:
Browner played that one clean turtle, Griffin simply held onto the ball too long and allowed Thomas to get over there to make the play.

I had a long work day, so I just finished watching the game. This was the expected result, even though it is unfortunate that it is not the opposite. This team is yet to be on the level of the Seahawks group, other than a few positions.

RG3 held the ball too long today. He didn't step up in the pocket, and he was as inaccurate as we've seen him. Mentally the leg took him off his game, and we knew going into the playoffs that he injured his leg at a really inopportune time.

Another couple of drafts and a couple of free agency periods, along with a matured roster, and we're talking about something substantial.
i saw a grab before the ball came to Garcon. Possibly it wasn't PI but just a hold, but he and Sherman had several today that went uncalled. The refs let this game get a bit too out of control, it was almost as bad as watching the replacement refs when Seattle beat Green Bay.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Redskins were 0-4 vs top 10 defenses this year! Sad
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Morris had three attempts in the third quarter. None of them came when the Redskins were backed up on their own six-yard line Kyle called three passes before a punt. Confused
THESKINSFAN21

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:

Yesterday is an exception imo. Griffin looked pitiful as far as his knee goes,the guy has heart. But up 14 to 0,we should have taken him out. Not saying we would have won,but Griffin was CLEARLY in no shape to continue. If Wilson was in that condition,we'd have the W.

mike23md on the sig
David Amerson-48 Tackles 12 PD 2 INT 1 TD 1 FF
21 ALL THE WAY

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THESKINSFAN21 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

Yesterday is an exception imo. Griffin looked pitiful as far as his knee goes,the guy has heart. But up 14 to 0,we should have taken him out. Not saying we would have won,but Griffin was CLEARLY in no shape to continue. If Wilson was in that condition,we'd have the W.

I think there for sure we would've won the game with a healthy RG3 and I also give us a very high chance of winning had they put Cousins in either second quarter or even halftime. I'm just so pissed we had to end the season on the would've, could've, and should've note. Mike and RG3 really let me down this game.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
THESKINSFAN21 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

I think there for sure we would've won the game with a healthy RG3 and I also give us a very high chance of winning had they put Cousins in either second quarter or even halftime. I'm just so pissed we had to end the season on the would've, could've, and should've note. Mike and RG3 really let me down this game.
You shouldn't look at it that way IMO. We must keep our heads up and realize we did the impossible this year and we grew as a team and franchise. 3-6 to 10-6 is nothing to get down about. Finding a franchise QB and a franchise RB in our draft along with a solid back up QB and a nickle cb/punt returner is nothing to get down about. This team was picked up and led to the playoffs by rookies. As a franchise we haven't been able to say we've ever done that before. The future is entirely bright, I can't wait till next year when Orakpo, Carriker, Neild, Helu and Meriweather are back to join in the winning!

The only team that was going to be truly satisfied this season is the team that hoist's the lombari trophy in february. We are getting closer to that day when we will again. Have faith! Believe, we are definitely headed in the right direction my friend.
Jeezy Fanatic

Location: The DMV; Proud Alumnus of the University of Miami, Class of 2011
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know where to put this since it's just rumor at this point, but one I consider reliable, but word around the web is RGIII tore his MCL.

Not much of a doctor or physical therapist for I don't know where that ranks in the knee injury scale of things compared to an ACL and what not, but it doesn't sound good.

Where you go we'll follow! Let's go USMNT!!!!
SupeRG00F

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good game fella's. Good luck this offseason and next year. I hope Rg3 recovers quickly.

Xbox Gamertag: SupeR G00F
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeezy Fanatic wrote:
Don't know where to put this since it's just rumor at this point, but one I consider reliable, but word around the web is RGIII tore his MCL.

Not much of a doctor or physical therapist for I don't know where that ranks in the knee injury scale of things compared to an ACL and what not, but it doesn't sound good.
Torn MCL's can generaly heal on their own, I believe and are a two month injury. It Wouldn't surpise me if he tore both ACL and MCL. That knee bent very badly sideways. I knew he tore it when it got stuck in that horrible fed ex turf!

Thanks for forgeting to pay the groundscrew and for having all those concerts on fed ex field Danny Boy! Twisted Evil
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SupeRG00F wrote:
Good game fella's. Good luck this offseason and next year. I hope Rg3 recovers quickly.
Same to you bro! Good luck the rest of the way, I really do like Russell Wilson. I just wish he would have been about 11 points worse yesterday! Laughing
FLOODx

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats on the great season. Happy that you guys finally got your franchise QB.. Good luck in the off season.

gopherwrestler on the sig.
Adopt-a-Saint
Cam Jordan: 47 tackles, 12.5 sacks, 2 FF
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FLOODx wrote:
Congrats on the great season. Happy that you guys finally got your franchise QB.. Good luck in the off season.
Hopefully he suits up next year. There are concerns about his injury and how sever it is. He has torn this ACL in this knee in college
El ramster

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys played great down the stretch. Made the playoffs and have an amazing future. Here's to a speedy recovery and lots of success.

For selfish reasons we want a higher pick, But not due to injury.

Good luck and this is one of those trades where both teams won IMO.

BBL
TheDudeAbides

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good game, gents.

The NFL's going to be a better league with a healthy RGIII, though... I really hope the combination of previous injury/Shanahan not overruling his player/FedEx Field don't damage what should be a phenomenal career.

Fix that field, sweep the NFC East next season and let's run it again in 2014 - hopefully with two healthy squads.

TommyC376 on the Sig

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 37, 38, 39  Next
Page 38 of 39

Jump to: