Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Wildcard: Seattle Seahawks vs Washington Redskins
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mike23md

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:22 am    Post subject: Wildcard: Seattle Seahawks vs Washington Redskins Reply with quote

HOLD THE PHONE!! WASHINGTON REDSKINS ARE NFC EAST CHAMPS!!

NFL PLAYOFF PICTURE:

A match up of Rookie QB's.

While one has had an award riddled year, the other has been playing in the NW part of the country tucked behind the Cascade Mountains winning with lackluster WR's, a strong running game, and a secondary that calls themselves the Legion of Boom.

RGIII has been everything that he has been acclaimed to be. If he is not OROY I think the world might stop spinning. But Russell Wilson has had his fair share of good games, but not enough spotlight.

Having lived in the NW and going to college out there, there is a clear disconnect once you pass the Cascades and head into the east side of Washington or Oregon.

So what are the downfalls to Washington in this game? Defense. This may not be such a downfall as DeAngelo Hall has been playing very well as of late, London Fletcher is all over the place and playing motivated, Rob Jackson has been proving that he is a huge acquisition to the team and one of the few that have held over from the Vinny Cerrato days, Barry Cofield and Steven Bowen are holding down the DL and most of all, Jim Haslett has been dialing up the right game plans for the right situations, and I don't expect that to falter this week.

Then what are the downfalls to Seattle then? Offense. Russell Wilson can make plays because of his mobility to move outside the pocket and keep plays alive. Marshawn Lynch apparently has this extra gear called Beast Mode which is quite generic and lacks creativity when trying to describe his aggressive play. Golden Tate and Sidney Rice are second rate WR's and are not able to separate from CB's very well. Rice has always been suspect with hands and Tate is a guy to make plays in space.

The strength of Seattle is their defense. They have one of the highest rated defenses in the league and their secondary likes to accumulate yellow flags and make the NFL richer. The Legion of Boom may also be the Legion of Broke after the hits they dish out and the fines they get handed.

Their DL is above average with Red Bryant and Brandon Mebane. Quality players, but they wont fair well against the ZBS and will find themselves out of place and sealed out of plays quite often. Chris Clemons took 6 years off to find himself and become relevant as a pass rusher. Find him to look as dumbfounded as DeMarcus Ware and Anthony Spencer did in the Redskins win against the Cowboys.

The strength of Washington is their running game and the ability to disguise the plays and hold defenders long enough for RGIII to create plays. Dallas looked aloof in Week 17 to where a pro bowl sack artist in DeMarcus Ware looked like a rookie from the ball fakes and read option.

The passing game is going to be relied upon with short slants and screens in order to bring up the defenders to hit the vertical routes. The ZBS will also be used to bring up defenders to play the run, and when the play action is on, look for RGIII to throw it over the top to make the Legion of Boom look like the Legion of Pooh.

I think this is a close game. I cannot think that the Seahawks can withstand being away from home and playing on grass. Redskins fans will be out in full force and ready to do whatever it takes to cheer the Braves on the Warpath.

There is a lot of feelings of reciprocity in Washington about the last 2 playoff games that we have lost, both in Seattle, and coincidentally, I was at.

This time is different. I like what Pete Carroll has done in Seattle. But their luck and time has run out.

Skins win.

Seahawks 13
Redskins 24

oh. And Boobies!

[removed]

Lets have a good game, and remember, its all about the boobs!

2015 REDSKINS DRAFT HOPEFUL
2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT

Last edited by mike23md on Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:32 am; edited 1 time in total
THESKINSFAN21

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mmm boobs and hosting a playoff game. I give us,the edge. RG3 will be healthier.
Skins 24
Hawks 16

mike23md on the sig
Adopt A Redskin- Trent Murphy/OLB-14 Tackles, 1PD, 1 Sack,1FR
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Revenge!! That's what this game is all about. Our last two playoff runs ended in Seattle. Twisted Evil Time to get back at them and protect our home field!

Tarik El-Bashir the redskins insider for CSN Washington just said Cedric Griffin has served his 4 game suspension and can return vs the playoffs.

He asked Mike Shanahan about that and Shanahan said they will explore the option and see if Cedric has kept himself in shape over he past month.

Madieu Williams has two injuries and could barely put his shirt on after the game. He messed up his shoulder earlier in the game and he hyperextended his elbow as well.

Kory L is in a walking boot because he inured his ankle. LeRibeus played well from what I saw in his place.

Rob Jackson on his INT (2nd in 3 games) ..."He threw it right to me." #RedskinsTalk hahahaha

Redskins defense had 15 take always during the winning streak. Hopefully that continues next week vs Seattle!

Seattle is only averaging 15 points away from home on grass. We've been scoring 25+ on everyone but the Giants since the bye week. Cool

Advantage redskins!

We are really on a roll. Lets keep this train Rollin! Cool

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Jeezy Fanatic

Location: The DMV; Proud Alumnus of the University of Miami, Class of 2011
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate Seattle, here's hoping 3rd time's the charm.

chauboy wrote:
Then there was 1 group of girls that were just standing against of wall, the group being hot, just texting. Just intimidating.
DCRED

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys I am glad it is on home field. Seattle is a Tough place to play. Fortunately, Redskins fans have begun to make a difference at FedEx also

And If you look at our D from the Dallas game, you can see alot of old faces on the stats rotating in for some snaps that helped the team win
SupeRG00F

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Helloooo piggy Redskins.

How are you all? I'm doing well thank you for asking.

I watched the 4th quarter of your game last night. RG3 looked beaten and bruised. Is he alright?

I think you'll be in for a rude awakening this Sunday. I'm not saying you have no chance of winning, I'm saying it will be a close, physical game. I can't wait!

I'm picking the obvious team though. 20-17.

I'm looking forward to chattin' all week. Laughing

IT'S ON! LIKE DONKEY KONG!!

Xbox Gamertag: SupeR G00F
THESKINSFAN21

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SupeRG00F wrote:
Helloooo piggy Redskins.

I watched the 4th quarter of your game last night. RG3 looked beaten and bruised. Is he alright?

I think you'll be in for a rude awakening this Sunday. I'm not saying you have no chance of winning, I'm saying it will be a close, physical game. I can't wait!

RG3 is only getting healthier. We've been the underdog all season,it works for us,we like it. Good luck Twisted Evil

mike23md on the sig
A TRAIN 89

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is the best way to find tickets? Stub hub?
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A TRAIN 89 wrote:
What is the best way to find tickets? Stub hub?
ticketmaster is selling them

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
mike23md

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ebay has always worked for me.

2015 REDSKINS DRAFT HOPEFUL
2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
THESKINSFAN21

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike23md wrote:
ebay has always worked for me.

Ebay,stub hub,craigslist,backpage

mike23md on the sig
TLSkins

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seattle is a very dangerous team to face in Seattle, but they are mediocre when they need to travel. They couldn't beat Arizona, Detroit or Miami on the road this year.

They are going to be humbled next week and I will be happy that we finally take it to them in playoffs.
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TLSkins wrote:
Seattle is a very dangerous team to face in Seattle, but they are mediocre when they need to travel. They couldn't beat Arizona, Detroit or Miami on the road this year.

They are going to be humbled next week and I will be happy that we finally take it to them in playoffs.
they actually have to travel cross country to play us this year and not vice versa. Which makes a huge difference

SupeRG00F

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THESKINSFAN21 wrote:
SupeRG00F wrote:
Helloooo piggy Redskins.

RG3 is only getting healthier. We've been the underdog all season,it works for us,we like it. Good luck Twisted Evil
What do you think Seattle has been? Laughing

All of your losses at home has been by 1 score. All of Seattle's losses on the road has been been by 1 score, it's the NFL, any given Sunday. It's not like Seattle is a power house team. Both teams got hot at the right time. I'm really looking forward to the matchup. But because your WR core is the quicker group I see a long day for our DB's. Here's hoping i'm wrong.(I usually am) Cool

Xbox Gamertag: SupeR G00F
THESKINSFAN21

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SupeRG00F wrote:
THESKINSFAN21 wrote:
SupeRG00F wrote:
Helloooo piggy Redskins.

What do you think Seattle has been? Laughing

All of your losses at home has been by 1 score. All of Seattle's losses on the road has been been by 1 score, it's the NFL, any given Sunday. It's not like Seattle is a power house team. Both teams got hot at the right time. I'm really looking forward to the matchup. But because your WR core is the quicker group I see a long day for our DB's. Here's hoping i'm wrong.(I usually am) Cool

Im,pretty sure everybody is picking seattle to win,which is good for us. Im sure this game will be decided by 1 score. Its gonna be a great game imo.

mike23md on the sig

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39  Next
Page 1 of 39

Jump to: