Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Wild Card Round: Seattle Seahawks WIN 24-14
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 56, 57, 58  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
SaveourSonics


Joined: 20 Apr 2008
Posts: 45415
Location: Sleepless in Seattle
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:45 am    Post subject: Wild Card Round: Seattle Seahawks WIN 24-14 Reply with quote

Seattle Seahawks (11-5)


@

Washington Redskins (10-6)




And now it's....



...Storytime with SaveourSonics!!!!!


I'll do a little bit of a playoff rap/poem for ya'll. Everyone should feel free to join me in this since we haven't done rap battles all year Laughing

Heath Farwell is the ace
Smelling salts he be SNIFFIN!
Chris Clemons coming hard
At that skinny Robert GRIFFIN!
Yea this my playoff rap
So I hope you all LISTEN!
Kai Forbath is their kicker?
Well I'm ready for him MISSING!

Alfred Morris?
That bum doesn't stand a CHANCE!
Mebane bringing out the sack lunch
and belly DANCE
Are we on CBS with Phil Simms and Jim NANTZ!?
Russell Wilson throwing touchdowns from his swagger STANCE!

Yea, we got the Legion of BOOM
It's at a theater near YOU
And Kam is hitting with DOOM
And Earl just flies like a BROOM
With Browner coming back SOON
So now we hope you stay TUNE


to be continued.....

------------------------------------------------------

Now let's get some predictions and pregame chatter up in here. IT'S PLAYOFF FOOTBALL TIME BOYZ!!! As always, Give 'em hell.




Prediction: 94-1.3 W

3 Keys to the Game
  • Feelin' Salty?

    Redskin fans better check their cholesterol because I'm seeing heavy signs of salty from their neck of the woods. Apparently this is some kind of revenge game, but honestly I don't even remember beating this speed bump team. Hopefully we come out with this "revenge" attitude though.
  • Why You Limpin' Bro?

    Word on the street is Griffin will be wearing his knee brace for that game. Well I want us to keep him in it. They don't call us the Legion of BOOM for nothing! I wanna taste his tears!
  • Taste My Skittles Bruh!

    Force feed them Skittles....and once they're full from all the Skittles we've made them eat, you force feed them the BEAST! Think of how angry he'll be that the Redskins ate all of his Skittles. I know I'd be mad enough to truck London Fletcher.




Key Matchup of the Game: Russell Wilson vs Robert Griffin
Because the media tells me they're playing against each other so I assume it's just going to come down to a fist fight between the two.








I love playoff football. Let's knock them out for the 3rd time. Pride in Blue and Green, go Hawks.
_________________
'
Richard D!ck Sherman 4 Prez


Last edited by SaveourSonics on Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:32 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
CanadianHawk75


Joined: 05 Aug 2011
Posts: 113
Location: Ontario, Canada
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After work I will contribute my rap, I loved when I used to battle VikeDaddy Laughing

Mind you he never ever beat any of us Wink
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheoryofSeahawk


Joined: 25 Feb 2008
Posts: 1962
Location: Kosmic Satori
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I did some pretty deep, meditative thinking about this sporting contest of epic ramifications. Here's my breakdown:

1) The 'Hawks have proven over the course of the year that they are the better team in this matchup. Better record and I'm pretty sure they've played a more difficult schedule. Advantage: Seahawks

2) The game is in DC. Homefield advantage can be big in the playoffs, just look at our win over the Saints a few years ago at home despite being big underdogs with a losing record. Advantage: Redskins

3) One caveat to the game being in DC is that it is a late start time at 430 Eastern Time, so even though it's a road game, it will be the same start time as our home games. Advantage: Seahawks

4) Coaching. Mike Shanahan has been a much more successful pro head coach and has a far superior resume in the playoffs than does Pete Carroll. Plus, the 'Skins beat us last year, so Shanahan should be slightly more familiar with Carroll's approach and in game decisions than a coach whose team hasn't played us in a couple years. Advantage: Redskins

5) Playoff experience. I don't know how many players on the Redskins have playoff experience, but I do know that some of our key players and coaches were here for the last playoff game vs. New Orleans. Winning that game and the experience it provided guys like Marshawn Lynch and Earl Thomas could prove to be invaluable in terms of understanding the elevated intensity required to win a playoff game. Advantage: Seahawks

I'm sure there are a lot more variables that will factor in the game, but that's what I have for now. After carefully analyzing all the factors available, I have concluded that the 'Hawks have a 53% chance of winning this game to the Redskins 47% chance.
_________________
Consistent application beats complex programming.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
NestlePureLife


Joined: 11 Jan 2011
Posts: 694
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm not worried about our offense being able to produce. russell has shaken those away game jitters and he'll be ready to play. and with orakpo out and them being injured at safety, offense should be able to move the ball. we better gameplan for blitzes on almost every other play though, if shanny blitzed on a vet like romo just imagine how hard his blitz boner is for a rookie like russell.

our defense has been lackluster as balls lately. if they don't come out to play we're [inappropriate/removed]. shutdown morris early. bang up rg3. and we can win. the only receiver that scares me is garcon because of dat speed. fred davis torched us last year but he's gone.

defense shows up and our oline can gives russell some time = win.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
imani


Moderator
Joined: 03 Mar 2009
Posts: 28901
Location: Harlem, NY
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Robert Griffin the 3rd, what's wrong with ya leg?
Is you a redskin or a pirate walking with that peg?
You got a Cinderella team? You run and you pass?
More like the Cinderella shoe, son you made out of glass/

You about to meet a REAL defense, don't disrespect it/
heard you run the read-option, we'll make you look dyslexic/
best rookie QB huh? you got the most production?
guess it's time for a Legion of BOOM introduction/

Chancellor will hit like a truck, he'll give you the bends/
earl thomas play the center field and he runs like the wind/
pro bowler browner is coming back with the friends/
and D!ick sherman go hard like he poppin' extenze/

This aint no Big 12 D, but you will face these Big Eleven/
Defenders who fight for our Big 10 QB that's been a blessin'/
Robert turbin got guns for arms, call em two Big 9s/
Big 8 left seattle years ago, but WIlson play just fine/
Dangeruss play like Big 7 (ben), how he runs the play action/
puts a Big 6 points on the board whenever he passin'/
We run behind a Big 5 we call that the oline/
What your defense think they Big 4 (for)? they'll get pushed to the side/
Big 3 RW turned all the doubters to believers/
with the way he throw the ball to our Big 2 Receivers/
So prepare to lose kid, this game is already done/
You think you'll get the big win, but we already Big 1 (won)/

And if you late to the party, i'll explain for you kids/
you can call me the Notorious-L-Pun, the way i was rappin with "Big's"/
It's nice that you got to the playoffs, but DC just chill/
you've cleared hurdles, but Leroy said you aint jumpin this hill/
Alfred Morris been nice, but Lynch wants some love too/
Beastmode don't go down the first time....but he heard your mom do/





_________________


Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Tatupu_64


Moderator
Joined: 05 Apr 2007
Posts: 21591
Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read SoS' rap in this guys voice.


_________________
<Ram
BlaqOptic wrote:
...13 Seahawks one spot over the 08 Steelers

ram29jackson wrote:
LO freaking L...Seahawks aren't repeating crap and you can book that
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
imani


Moderator
Joined: 03 Mar 2009
Posts: 28901
Location: Harlem, NY
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Russell Wilson set a Seahawks single-season record for NFL passer rating at 100.0.

_________________


Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
TLSkins


Joined: 28 Dec 2011
Posts: 379
Location: United States
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheoryofSeahawk wrote:
Well, I did some pretty deep, meditative thinking about this sporting contest of epic ramifications. Here's my breakdown:

1) The 'Hawks have proven over the course of the year that they are the better team in this matchup. Better record and I'm pretty sure they've played a more difficult schedule. Advantage: Seahawks

2) The game is in DC. Homefield advantage can be big in the playoffs, just look at our win over the Saints a few years ago at home despite being big underdogs with a losing record. Advantage: Redskins

3) One caveat to the game being in DC is that it is a late start time at 430 Eastern Time, so even though it's a road game, it will be the same start time as our home games. Advantage: Seahawks

4) Coaching. Mike Shanahan has been a much more successful pro head coach and has a far superior resume in the playoffs than does Pete Carroll. Plus, the 'Skins beat us last year, so Shanahan should be slightly more familiar with Carroll's approach and in game decisions than a coach whose team hasn't played us in a couple years. Advantage: Redskins

5) Playoff experience. I don't know how many players on the Redskins have playoff experience, but I do know that some of our key players and coaches were here for the last playoff game vs. New Orleans. Winning that game and the experience it provided guys like Marshawn Lynch and Earl Thomas could prove to be invaluable in terms of understanding the elevated intensity required to win a playoff game. Advantage: Seahawks

I'm sure there are a lot more variables that will factor in the game, but that's what I have for now. After carefully analyzing all the factors available, I have concluded that the 'Hawks have a 53% chance of winning this game to the Redskins 47% chance.


1) At home, I would whole heartedly agree. On the road, I think you guys have a slim advantage. You guys did lose to Arizona, Detroit, and Miami on the road this year.

2) We wouldn't have a chance if we were at your hometown for this playoff game. Playing this at home makes it a realistic game for us.

3) I don't see how the Seahawks have an 'advantage' with this statement.

4) Pete Carroll and Shanny have both been fantastic this year.

5) While some of your players might have playoff experience, our coaching staff is much, much more experienced. We've also technically started our playoffs against Dallas already considering it was a win-or-go-home situation. Some of our players have experience as well. London Fletcher already has a ring.

I'd say the Seahawks have a 60-65% chance of winning this game. RGIII has never failed to impress when we need him most -- I'm sure you guys feel the same with RW. Regardless, it will be a hard fought game like our playoff games have been historically.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TLSkins


Joined: 28 Dec 2011
Posts: 379
Location: United States
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really hope the Seahawks play better than your fanbase's lyrics are though. My god that was terrible.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
chpjns15


Joined: 21 Dec 2009
Posts: 1700
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I decided to break down each roster and show who as the advantages:

Offense-

QB - Redskins (BARELY, but the stats show that RG3 is better. http://talkingsquawk.blogspot.com/ look at the page comparing the two)

RB/FB - Seahawks (Also pretty close, but Lynch is clearly a better RB)

WR/TE - Seahawks

OL - Redskins

Defense -

Secondary - Seahawks (no question)

Linebackers - DRAW

DL - Seahawks

Redskins 2 Wins, 1 Draw
Seahawks - 4 Wins, 1 Draw

Overall I would say that the Redskins have a slightly better offense, but the seahawks have a much better defense. I do believe that the hawks are clearly the better team.

However, then you have to take in the other factors of the game ,such as the Redskins having Home field advantage, and they play on real grass, which the seahawks have trouble playing on. This should be a very close game. I am going to say Seahawks 20, Redskins 17.
_________________
"Trying is the first step towards failure"


"If you can't win, cheat. If you can't cheat, don't play."


"Getting a paper cut, that is tragedy. Someone falling down a sewer and dying, that is comedy."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SupeRG00F


Joined: 12 Aug 2012
Posts: 1405
Location: Vancouver, Wa
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our receivers may be better, but theirs match up way better against our DB's. They're all quick and run short routes, exactly what Seattle fails to cover.
_________________


Xbox Gamertag: SupeR G00F
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sacks98


Joined: 21 Dec 2009
Posts: 3985
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would of rather faced the Cowboys but RG3 looks limpy and we have speed on Defense so we will see how effective RG3 is.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
iwentundrafted


Joined: 18 Aug 2012
Posts: 3594
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SupeRG00F wrote:
Our receivers may be better, but theirs match up way better against our DB's. They're all quick and run short routes, exactly what Seattle fails to cover.


Supe....your gonna be very upset a week from today.....while I will have a smile on my face.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SaveourSonics


Joined: 20 Apr 2008
Posts: 45415
Location: Sleepless in Seattle
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing That was nice imani.
_________________
'
Richard D!ck Sherman 4 Prez
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
NFL_Announcer


Joined: 01 Apr 2010
Posts: 683
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seattle's going to have their hands full. Their receivers actually match up very well against us. Short burst speed. Seattle hasn't reliably covered the slants all year. Also, Seattle's been a little lackluster against the run second half of the year and Morris proved he can carry the load.

I could actually see this being a bit of an offensive shootout. Like 31-27 kind of game.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 56, 57, 58  Next
Page 1 of 58

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group