Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Wild Card Round: Seattle Seahawks WIN 24-14
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 55, 56, 57, 58  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
SupeRG00F


Joined: 12 Aug 2012
Posts: 1308
Location: Vancouver, Wa
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hooray victory. Absolutely terrible that Clemons is out. Crying or Very sad

After his injury I was watching Bruce on every snap and I think he did a very solid job filling in. And agree with you all that he won't (shouldn't) get abused by the Falcons because they don't have much of a run game this year. But if we win that game and end up playing San Fran I don't think it is going to go well at all.

Amazing defensive playcalling to end the game. Man coverage blitzing is what this team needs to do. We have the personel to dominate with that.

Great game. Feels good.
_________________


Xbox Gamertag: SupeR G00F
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SnA ExclusiVe


Joined: 01 Jun 2011
Posts: 20158
Location: Spokane, WA
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SupeRG00F wrote:
Hooray victory. Absolutely terrible that Clemons is out. Crying or Very sad

After his injury I was watching Bruce on every snap and I think he did a very solid job filling in. And agree with you all that he won't (shouldn't) get abused by the Falcons because they don't have much of a run game this year. But if we win that game and end up playing San Fran I don't think it is going to go well at all.

Amazing defensive playcalling to end the game. Man coverage blitzing is what this team needs to do. We have the personel to dominate with that.

Great game. Feels good.


Well I guess it's a good thing we will win this game and have to play Green Bay then Very Happy
_________________

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'd say he's [Dennis Pitta] the fourth best TE in the division... Cameron > Miller > Gresham > Eiffert = Pitta
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Brown_Mamba


Joined: 13 May 2008
Posts: 1702
Location: Seattle
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If he's out with a torn ACL, that means we need fill that void through free agency. We can't spend another first round draft pick on a pass rusher. We have other needs we can fill through the draft (OG, RT, OLB, WR). We need a temporary "fill-in" for Clem.

Although, our pass rush wasn't good with him, so we might even go after a big name in FA.
_________________

Dirk No-Miss-zki fan
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
outside_Insider


Joined: 29 Jan 2012
Posts: 1218
Location: Calgary, AB
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A couple fill in options: Edwards, Maybin, C.Law
_________________


"We all we got, we all we need"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SnA ExclusiVe


Joined: 01 Jun 2011
Posts: 20158
Location: Spokane, WA
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

outside_Insider wrote:
A couple fill in options: Edwards, Maybin, C.Law


Has to be Edwards. I see no way around it. He's the only 4-3 DE on that list.
_________________

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'd say he's [Dennis Pitta] the fourth best TE in the division... Cameron > Miller > Gresham > Eiffert = Pitta
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JJ89


Joined: 11 Jan 2010
Posts: 246
Location: Vejle, Denmark
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brown_Mamba wrote:
If he's out with a torn ACL, that means we need fill that void through free agency. We can't spend another first round draft pick on a pass rusher. We have other needs we can fill through the draft (OG, RT, OLB, WR). We need a temporary "fill-in" for Clem.

Although, our pass rush wasn't good with him, so we might even go after a big name in FA.


Well then thats going to be a different type of pass rusher, it seems pretty evident that when Clemons can't go anymore Irvin steps in at LEO. We need to upgrade our pass rush from the rest of the line. It seems if we wan't to have a elite pass rush we have to replace Red, if we aren't going to have an elite run D with him, we might as well replace him as he offers no pass rush at all..
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SaveourSonics


Joined: 20 Apr 2008
Posts: 45415
Location: Sleepless in Seattle
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
outside_Insider wrote:
A couple fill in options: Edwards, Maybin, C.Law


Has to be Edwards. I see no way around it. He's the only 4-3 DE on that list.


We're looking for a LEO though and Edwards is a LDE. Is Jason Babin still on the market?
_________________
'
Richard D!ck Sherman 4 Prez
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
SnA ExclusiVe


Joined: 01 Jun 2011
Posts: 20158
Location: Spokane, WA
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
outside_Insider wrote:
A couple fill in options: Edwards, Maybin, C.Law


Has to be Edwards. I see no way around it. He's the only 4-3 DE on that list.


We're looking for a LEO though and Edwards is a LDE. Is Jason Babin still on the market?


Nope, he's in Jacksonville.
_________________

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'd say he's [Dennis Pitta] the fourth best TE in the division... Cameron > Miller > Gresham > Eiffert = Pitta
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sacks98


Joined: 21 Dec 2009
Posts: 3916
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
“That’s childish, man,” Young said. “Hey, you do what you do to win, whatever, I don’t care. But taunting the head coach and stuff? You never know when you’re gonna need to play for Shanahan. I mean, he’s a good player, but chill out a little bit, you know?
“He was just taunting [Shanahan] on the sidelines, doing stuff. I wanted to go out there and punch him myself, just because I respect Shanahan for everything he did. He was just taunting, like you’re not gonna throw the ball over here. Like, listen guy, you got lucky a couple times, you held Pierre, should have been a touchdown. Just stupid stuff….He’s a competitor — at the end of the day, that’s what he felt. He felt like we weren’t good enough, and we tried to go after him, and they just did a good job.” “You know what, I’m not gonna say they’re a very dirty team, but some of their players are dirty out there,” fullback Darrel Young told ESPN 980′s Chris Russell and USA Today’s Jim Corbett on Monday. “I mean, Alfred Morris is one of the nicest guys you’ll meet. Everyone knows that. Obviously you guys know that. Red Bryant tried to step on him after a play, hit him in the head, all that stuff. I don’t appreciate that stuff.


http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc-sports-bog/wp/2013/01/07/darrel-young-wanted-to-punch-richard-sherman/

Don't understand what he is so upset about Sherman was just trying to get them to throw his way.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SnA ExclusiVe


Joined: 01 Jun 2011
Posts: 20158
Location: Spokane, WA
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sacks98 wrote:
Quote:
“That’s childish, man,” Young said. “Hey, you do what you do to win, whatever, I don’t care. But taunting the head coach and stuff? You never know when you’re gonna need to play for Shanahan. I mean, he’s a good player, but chill out a little bit, you know?
“He was just taunting [Shanahan] on the sidelines, doing stuff. I wanted to go out there and punch him myself, just because I respect Shanahan for everything he did. He was just taunting, like you’re not gonna throw the ball over here. Like, listen guy, you got lucky a couple times, you held Pierre, should have been a touchdown. Just stupid stuff….He’s a competitor — at the end of the day, that’s what he felt. He felt like we weren’t good enough, and we tried to go after him, and they just did a good job.” “You know what, I’m not gonna say they’re a very dirty team, but some of their players are dirty out there,” fullback Darrel Young told ESPN 980′s Chris Russell and USA Today’s Jim Corbett on Monday. “I mean, Alfred Morris is one of the nicest guys you’ll meet. Everyone knows that. Obviously you guys know that. Red Bryant tried to step on him after a play, hit him in the head, all that stuff. I don’t appreciate that stuff.


http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc-sports-bog/wp/2013/01/07/darrel-young-wanted-to-punch-richard-sherman/

Don't understand what he is so upset about Sherman was just trying to get them to throw his way.


Lol, he's whining because Sherman wanted them to throw the ball at him?! Priceless!
_________________

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'd say he's [Dennis Pitta] the fourth best TE in the division... Cameron > Miller > Gresham > Eiffert = Pitta
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
imani


Moderator
Joined: 03 Mar 2009
Posts: 27075
Location: Harlem, NY
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sacks98 wrote:
Quote:
“That’s childish, man,” Young said. “Hey, you do what you do to win, whatever, I don’t care. But taunting the head coach and stuff? You never know when you’re gonna need to play for Shanahan. I mean, he’s a good player, but chill out a little bit, you know?
“He was just taunting [Shanahan] on the sidelines, doing stuff. I wanted to go out there and punch him myself, just because I respect Shanahan for everything he did. He was just taunting, like you’re not gonna throw the ball over here. Like, listen guy, you got lucky a couple times, you held Pierre, should have been a touchdown. Just stupid stuff….He’s a competitor — at the end of the day, that’s what he felt. He felt like we weren’t good enough, and we tried to go after him, and they just did a good job.” “You know what, I’m not gonna say they’re a very dirty team, but some of their players are dirty out there,” fullback Darrel Young told ESPN 980′s Chris Russell and USA Today’s Jim Corbett on Monday. “I mean, Alfred Morris is one of the nicest guys you’ll meet. Everyone knows that. Obviously you guys know that. Red Bryant tried to step on him after a play, hit him in the head, all that stuff. I don’t appreciate that stuff.


http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc-sports-bog/wp/2013/01/07/darrel-young-wanted-to-punch-richard-sherman/

Don't understand what he is so upset about Sherman was just trying to get them to throw his way.


Deangelo Hall tried to "step on" tate as well. If you're going to complain, don't have selective memory. There were also fans taunting bruce irvin calling him a thug, various racial slurs, and ragging on him for his past. KJ Wright and a couple other defenders had to tell them off and pull bruce irvin elsewhere. This is part of what led sherman and browner to wave at the crowd, goodbye.

Lets not pretend like were all bush league. I hate that crap. The redskins were right there with us and they started it last year
_________________


wwhickok wrote:
I don't believe for one second that Seattle makes it out of their first playoff game.

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
outside_Insider


Joined: 29 Jan 2012
Posts: 1218
Location: Calgary, AB
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, that really sounds like the Red Bryant we all know and love.. He's a fierce competitor but he's the nicest guy you will ever interview or meet.
_________________


"We all we got, we all we need"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
imani


Moderator
Joined: 03 Mar 2009
Posts: 27075
Location: Harlem, NY
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know Tats and i eluded to it earlier, but i need to say it again. Zach Miller was the player of this game. All 4 of his catches has MAJOR impacts on each respective drive and this game. He gave us all of our starting momentum with his first catch, and allowed us to close the game out with another. Great game. He earned his whole paycheck yesterday


I'll also repeat that i thought Russell had a lack luster game. Maybe it was a combination of a bad field and ovethinking his first playoff game, maybe he just had an off day, but outside of his decisions to take of i wasn't impressed. Held on to the ball way too long at times, had a lot of errant throws, and had some of his early seasons struggles with pocket presence. I know he'll come back strong next week, but we were lucky to win despite him today. Knowing his work ethic and character, however, he'll fix it.
_________________


wwhickok wrote:
I don't believe for one second that Seattle makes it out of their first playoff game.

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
silus


Joined: 09 Aug 2007
Posts: 1843
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Marshawn fumble recovery was the most amazing play of 2012-2013. He gets the game ball for that alone.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sacks98


Joined: 21 Dec 2009
Posts: 3916
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
I know Tats and i eluded to it earlier, but i need to say it again. Zach Miller was the player of this game. All 4 of his catches has MAJOR impacts on each respective drive and this game. He gave us all of our starting momentum with his first catch, and allowed us to close the game out with another. Great game. He earned his whole paycheck yesterday


I'll also repeat that i thought Russell had a lack luster game. Maybe it was a combination of a bad field and ovethinking his first playoff game, maybe he just had an off day, but outside of his decisions to take of i wasn't impressed. Held on to the ball way too long at times, had a lot of errant throws, and had some of his early seasons struggles with pocket presence. I know he'll come back strong next week, but we were lucky to win despite him today. Knowing his work ethic and character, however, he'll fix it.


I agree Russell wasn't very good this game missed Baldwin for a TD then missed Rice who had ten steps ran it instead although i think the Redskins Defense was in his face that time also kept throwing it high.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 55, 56, 57, 58  Next
Page 56 of 58

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group