Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Wild Card Round: Seattle Seahawks WIN 24-14
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 56, 57, 58  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally want us to be the underdogs. I was pretty disappointed to see that we were favored by Vegas odds. Playing on the road you need that energy you can't get from the home crowd, and bulletin board material is that perfect source of energy.

With that said, I'm gonna go tweet D!ck Sherman every website I can that has the Skins as favorites. Laughing
imani

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm trying to figure out how the redskins defense is going to stop this offense, that's one thing that's been slept a lot on so far this week.

wwhickok wrote:
I don't believe for one second that Seattle makes it out of their first playoff game.

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
I'm trying to figure out how the redskins defense is going to stop this offense, that's one thing that's been slept a lot on so far this week.

Jim Haslett. He's a great defensive mind and I was really impressed with his gameplan to stop Dallas. Hopefully we come out creative.
imani

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
imani wrote:

Jim Haslett. He's a great defensive mind and I was really impressed with his gameplan to stop Dallas. Hopefully we come out creative.

Hmmmm, Ray horton didn't seem to slow us down and he has a better defense

...That's probably terrible reasoning though

wwhickok wrote:
I don't believe for one second that Seattle makes it out of their first playoff game.

SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
imani wrote:

Hmmmm, Ray horton didn't seem to slow us down and he has a better defense

...That's probably terrible reasoning though

Yea because the Skins don't have a high school level offense that the defense needs to keep alive Laughing
mad4comp

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

outside_Insider wrote:
I'm really not sure why so many people think the Skins are going to win..
http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/teameff

The fact of the matter is, the Redskins only beat two teams all year with a winning record, and one playoff team. The Seahawks have one a league high 5 wins against teams with a winning record.

You sure about that? I count 3 winning teams and 2 playoff teams. Baltimore, Giants, Minnesota. And lets be honest, NYG + Dallas (x2) could have been playoff teams as they were in it until the last game, unlike the Jets, Cards, Rams, Bills, and the Dolphins. So that'd be more like 4 playoff (or potential playoff) teams (NYG, Dallas, Minny, Baltimore). And while we're at it, how about we throw out the so called "win" against the Packers which really was a gift instead? So that pretty much even's out the records no?

outside_Insider wrote:

The Seahawks have not been the same team since the Chicago game where they started running the Read option 10+ times a game. They've been the #1 offense in the league since that week.

RG3 is clearly not 100% healthy or it would be a different story.

Skins are ranked higher in most if not all offensive statistical categories. (Means they've been consistently good since week 1, not at some point during the middle of the season).

outside_Insider wrote:

The defense is not good AT ALL- a bottom half D for certain. The offense is electric when healthy and clicking, but have also struggled against teams that had their option/piston figured out (PIT).

Since the bye week, Washington has been scoring 29PPG while giving up 20PPG. I'd say the defense is doing pretty well, maybe not top 5, but certainly top 10 since then. Rolling Eyes

outside_Insider wrote:

Seattle has faced two option/Piston offenses this year in CAR and SF, and we handled them both very well.

I am expecting a 31-17 game.

And neither of those teams are even remotely similar to the offense that Washington runs. Good luck trying to stop the #1 rushing attack in the league.

28 - 10 Redskins.

Last edited by mad4comp on Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:05 am; edited 1 time in total
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you just go from essentially saying it doesn't matter if our team is only good for half the season on offense, and then point out how good your defense has been in the second half of the season? Laughing
mad4comp

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chpjns15 wrote:
I decided to break down each roster and show who as the advantages:

Offense-

QB - Redskins (BARELY, but the stats show that RG3 is better. http://talkingsquawk.blogspot.com/ look at the page comparing the two)

RB/FB - Seahawks (Also pretty close, but Lynch is clearly a better RB) Not sure how you think Lynch is a better RB when Morris has more TD's and more Yards. Edge: Redskins

WR/TE - Seahawks Not sure how you came to this conclusion either. Skins have 4 guys with 500+ yards receiving. Edge: Redskins

OL - Redskins

Defense -

Secondary - Seahawks (no question)

Linebackers - DRAW

DL - Seahawks

Redskins 4 Wins, 1 Draw
Seahawks - 2 Wins, 1 Draw

Overall I would say that the Redskins have a slightly better offense, but the seahawks have a much better defense. I do believe that the hawks are clearly the better team.[/b].

I'd say the Redskins have a substantially better offense (as they lead Seattle in every offensive category), but the seahawks have the better defense. So should be a good fight. 28-10 Redskins.
mad4comp

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
Did you just go from essentially saying it doesn't matter if our team is only good for half the season on offense, and then point out how good your defense has been in the second half of the season? Laughing

Good catch... was thinking of putting the roll eyes smiley at the end, but forgot when I caught a spelling mistake. Fail on me. my bad.
imani

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mad4comp wrote:
chpjns15 wrote:

Offense-

QB - Redskins (BARELY, but the stats show that RG3 is better. http://talkingsquawk.blogspot.com/ look at the page comparing the two)

RB/FB - Seahawks (Also pretty close, but Lynch is clearly a better RB) Not sure how you think Lynch is a better RB when Morris has more TD's and more Yards. Edge: Redskins

WR/TE - Seahawks Not sure how you came to this conclusion either. Skins have 4 guys with 500+ yards receiving. Edge: Redskins

OL - Redskins

Defense -

Linebackers - DRAW

DL - Seahawks

Redskins 4 Wins, 1 Draw

Overall I would say that the Redskins have a slightly better offense, but the seahawks have a much better defense. I do believe that the hawks are clearly the better team.[/b].

I'd say the Redskins have a substantially better offense (as they lead Seattle in every offensive category), but the seahawks have the better defense. So should be a good fight. 28-10 Redskins.

Hmmm, so you beat us by 11 more points than our largest margin of defeat this season?

wwhickok wrote:

Boom!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys, remember when I said last week the Rams suck when all of their fans thought they were gonna win?

And then they lost?

Well this week, for some reason, Redskins fans think they're going to beat us. I don't know why. Makes my brain hurt. Sunday night once the game has been played it should clear everything up though when we move on and Redskins are sent home for the offseason.

Wink

Legion of Boom!
SupeRG00F

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mad4comp wrote:
chpjns15 wrote:

Offense-

OL - Redskins

Defense -

Linebackers - DRAW

DL - Seahawks

Redskins 4 Wins, 1 Draw

Shame on you Laughing You don't need to say "should be a good fight" then put 28-10. Everyone knows it's not a good fight with that score.

I really don't see how you think you're going to win so easily.

Seattle's pass D >>>> Washington's pass O
Washington's run O > Seattle's run D
Seattle's O >>>>> Washington's D

If anything, the Piggie Skins' will pull out a squeaker. Not a three possesion win.

I like your style though. Wink

Xbox Gamertag: SupeR G00F
outside_Insider

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mad4comp wrote:
outside_Insider wrote:
I'm really not sure why so many people think the Skins are going to win..
http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/teameff

The fact of the matter is, the Redskins only beat two teams all year with a winning record, and one playoff team. The Seahawks have one a league high 5 wins against teams with a winning record.

You sure about that? I count 3 winning teams and 2 playoff teams. Baltimore, Giants, Minnesota. And lets be honest, NYG + Dallas (x2) could have been playoff teams as they were in it until the last game, unlike the Jets, Cards, Rams, Bills, and the Dolphins. So that'd be more like 4 playoff (or potential playoff) teams (NYG, Dallas, Minny, Baltimore). And while we're at it, how about we throw out the so called "win" against the Packers which really was a gift instead? So that pretty much even's out the records no?

outside_Insider wrote:

The Seahawks have not been the same team since the Chicago game where they started running the Read option 10+ times a game. They've been the #1 offense in the league since that week.

RG3 is clearly not 100% healthy or it would be a different story.

Skins are ranked higher in most if not all offensive statistical categories. (Means they've been consistently good since week 1, not at some point during the middle of the season).

outside_Insider wrote:

The defense is not good AT ALL- a bottom half D for certain. The offense is electric when healthy and clicking, but have also struggled against teams that had their option/piston figured out (PIT).

Since the bye week, Washington has been scoring 29PPG while giving up 20PPG. I'd say the defense is doing pretty well, maybe not top 5, but certainly top 10 since then. Rolling Eyes

outside_Insider wrote:

Seattle has faced two option/Piston offenses this year in CAR and SF, and we handled them both very well.

I am expecting a 31-17 game.

And neither of those teams are even remotely similar to the offense that Washington runs. Good luck trying to stop the #1 rushing attack in the league.

28 - 10 Redskins.

Uh, I would say No- that pretty much does not even out their record. The strength of schedules between the two teams aren't even comparable.

The Seahawks have a strength of victory higher than anyone in the entire league .534 by a large, large margin over anyone else- including the Redskins at .450 (10th overall).

The Redskins have also struggled against top 10 Ds.

Your argument for being consistently good is pretty ridiculous. Weighted team strength is the most important thing heading into the playoffs.. Why do you think analysts always say, " They're the hottest team". I've heard WSH fans use this in their advantage by saying "we've won 7 straight", so to discount that would be discounting the biggest thing you have going for you. You may have had a good offense through the whole year, but let's be real- you went 3-6 in the first 9.

Read this entire article and tell me if you think you have a statistical basis for being a better team:
http://www.hawkblogger.com/

I want to be very clear with this next point. It is very very possible the Redskins win this game- the Hawks are only a 3 point favorite- that means the smartest guys with millions on the line see this being a close game. All I am saying it that if both teams play their A game- there is absolutely no contest that the Seahawks will win. If you get our B or C game and produce an A game- all bets are off.

"We all we got, we all we need"
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, Redskin fans are salty. You'd think this was their first playoff appearance in franchise history Laughing
Brown_Mamba

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember going to the Seahawks-Redskins playoff game in 2007. That game was bananas. It was close early on, until the Seahawks D stepped up and blew the game out of the waters. I expect a similar result.

Dirk No-Miss-zki fan

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 56, 57, 58  Next
Page 3 of 58

Jump to: