Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Defense was balling late in the season
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Most pressing defensive need
Defensive Tackle
47%
 47%  [ 11 ]
Corner (x2)
52%
 52%  [ 12 ]
Free Safety
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Linebacker
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 23

RaidersAreOne

Location: Canada, but don't worry... i'm not one of those damn dirty french.
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wont say it is the most pressing need, but I really hope we either get DT or DE in the draft. Build up into the trenches and that will pour over into helping the secondary and LBers.

First jersey purchased: Jamarcus Russell.
Second jersey purchased: Rolando McClain.
Next purchases: Every Chiefs, Chargers and Broncos player.
JTagg7754 on the sig.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Add a real pass rusher and our defense gets a lot better imo. Give me Moore or Werner. We could use help at CB, S, MLB and DT too but I think that a sack artist RE would help us most.

CrapTakula wrote:
Cleveland steamer?

make sure you wash well.
Bo_Spice

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we're going to stay put at number three I'd prefer Star Lotulelei or Damontre Moore. If we move back in the top ten I'd prefer Dee Milliner, Sheldon Richardson, or Bjoern Werner. If we move back later in the draft I'd prefer Dion Jordan, Xavier Rhodes, or Kawaan Short. It all just depends on where we're picking.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bo_Spice wrote:
If we're going to stay put at number three I'd prefer Star Lotulelei or Damontre Moore. If we move back in the top ten I'd prefer Dee Milliner, Sheldon Richardson, or Bjoern Werner. If we move back later in the draft I'd prefer Dion Jordan, Xavier Rhodes, or Kawaan Short. It all just depends on where we're picking.
if i could pick a scenario I' d love to see us trade down and get more picks in the 1st and 2nd round.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The play of our defense late really makes the job Knapp did that much worse. Think about all the change over we had on defense compared to offense personnel wise. We cut our best pass rusher, best CB, played Huff at CB, which put Gio on the field full time, lost both new starting CB, cut Curry, saw Kelly regress, watched Seymour collect money for nothing, and all this with a first time DC.

Its disgusting that our defense actually ended up being our bright spot at the conclusion of the season. 3 rushing TD's all season?? Ridiculous.
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaisinBran wrote:
I liked Shaugnessy a lot last year and this year idk what his deal is. Seems like he kinda just lost it. Has a just regressed?

Kelly and Seymour have regressed big time and were a huge problem for us in the first half of the season.

Once Des Bryant started getting more playing time, and once McClain's starting role was taken away, it seemed like our D played better.

i have a love hate relationship with shonny and tko.

at times they can look unstoppable but at other times they just suck

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:
This is football, not pussology 101
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flawed poll. NT, DT/UT & DE should be the top 3 options or just DL since all those positions won't be addressed in one offseason. As long as one of these is addressed in a major way I'll be happy.

Bonez wrote:
Teams that win Superbowls and make the playoffs aren't picking in the Top 5, clearly
ch8878

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Raiders had the No. 18-ranked overall defense this season, after being 29th last year. Sacks, though went down from 39 to 25.

Guess that might be why they kept Tarver hopefully with better talent the defense can improve even more.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ch8878 wrote:
The Raiders had the No. 18-ranked overall defense this season, after being 29th last year. Sacks, though went down from 39 to 25.

Guess that might be why they kept Tarver hopefully with better talent the defense can improve even more.

No. 28th ranked defense

points > yards

teams didn't have to pile up the yards on the raiders because once they got the lead they didn't have to worry too much about the raiders taking it back.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OakRaiders3828 wrote:
We still need a starting CB, but I was pleased with the play (for the most part) of some of the young guys like Ross, Adams and Chekwa down the stretch. We still have ansah on the PS and Hanson for the slot, I think CB will be a good competition in TC.

All of those CBs we had late in the season are fringe NFL guys we got off the scrap heap. We need bona fide starters at that position.

Raider X hooked me with the sig
DOCLEW 28

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OakRaiders3828 wrote:
We still need a starting CB, but I was pleased with the play (for the most part) of some of the young guys like Ross, Adams and Chekwa down the stretch. We still have ansah on the PS and Hanson for the slot, I think CB will be a good competition in TC.

All of those CBs we had late in the season are fringe NFL guys we got off the scrap heap. We need bona fide starters at that position. If we could trade down even a couple of times we could possibly come up wit multiple 2nd rounders to use on that position.

OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DOCLEW 28 wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:

All of those CBs we had late in the season are fringe NFL guys we got off the scrap heap. We need bona fide starters at that position.

Adams is good depth, I wouldn't call him a fringe player necessarily. They really liked Adams in Seattle he just fell victim to the numbers game. I'm not calling them great players or starters, I said we still need a starting caliber CB, but they did a good job for being in the position they were in and I meant they will be good competition in TC at the very least. (I'm mainly talking about Ross and Adams)
DOCLEW 28

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with that. I just dont wanna go into the season as them being our primary guys.

holyghost

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OakRaiders3828 wrote:
DOCLEW 28 wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:

Adams is good depth, I wouldn't call him a fringe player necessarily. They really liked Adams in Seattle he just fell victim to the numbers game. I'm not calling them great players or starters, I said we still need a starting caliber CB, but they did a good job for being in the position they were in and I meant they will be good competition in TC at the very least. (I'm mainly talking about Ross and Adams)

Look at the young players at CB for Seattle. Being cut by them is no indictment of Adams. They have the best starting duo of young guys in the league. Not best overall, just best pair of young ones. For once I believe Adams was truly the victim of a numbers game there. He's not bad.

Raider fans tend to be obsessed with name recognition. I don't care if Adams starts. If he can play like he did this past year for that 3 game stretch when he was the starter, he's a very nice starter. A full year of that is a really good year of solid play. Can he provide a full year at that level, that is the question.
holyghost

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly, if Adams, Ross, Chekwa, and Spencer are our 4 man corps next year I won't vomit profusely about it. I mean I would love to see another very solid player in there rather than Spencer, because who knows when he gets hurt again. And Adams may not have a long career, as it seems he grouped some concussions together there, which is a bad sign. I would also like to see more of Ross at joker and safety, because I think he is better there. But still, our CBs look alot better now than they did earlier in the season because two young guys stepped up and did something adequate. All we need is performers, don't care what their names are.

All in all I have to say it's still a need, but not nearly as dire as it was at one time when Bartell and Spencer first went down.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: