Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Dhall=shutdown CB - (Also video of Dashing thoughts on skins
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
21 ALL THE WAY

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
I said he's played well and played great last night but that doesn't mean he's a shut down cb. It's not like he's played as well as the top cbs in the league like a Revis, Champ Bailey, Tillman, Rogers, Finnegan, Sherman, etc.

Has Hall played that same scheme of football all year as he did last nite? NO!!!!!!! When you play Hall to his strengths he can be a great shutdown CB, that was proven last nite and in the past. All CB's get burned or mossed at times, but when you play a player more so to there strengths its less likely to happen. Hasselt finally understood that and stop playing Coverage 2 because we don't have a safety to help Hall or Wilson once the WR breaks past the CB who is responsible for protecting the sidelines while the Safety covers the deep ball. What's so hard to understand about that? The proof is all on film.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
I said he's played well and played great last night but that doesn't mean he's a shut down cb. It's not like he's played as well as the top cbs in the league like a Revis, Champ Bailey, Tillman, Rogers, Finnegan, Sherman, etc.

Has Hall played that same scheme of football all year as he did last nite? NO!!!!!!! When you play Hall to his strengths he can be a great shutdown CB, that was proven last nite and in the past. All CB's get burned or mossed at times, but when you play a player more so to there strengths its less likely to happen. Hasselt finally understood that and stop playing Coverage 2 because we don't have a safety to help Hall or Wilson once the WR breaks past the CB who is responsible for protecting the sidelines while the Safety covers the deep ball. What's so hard to understand about that? The proof is all on film.
to be honest it's hard to understand your posts. Laughing I said he played well. So why are we arguing?

I think we play cover 2 more often than not because that's the coverage that Maurice Morris knows how to coach. Have you ever thought about that?

Have you ever thought that Maurice Morris is coaching the secondary and he's an x Tampa coach who always calls a cover 2 defense? Maybe it's Morris who didn't know how to coach other defensive schemes and coverages??

But no. You want to blame Hasslet. Go ahead blame Hasslet, but the problem has been more Morris in my eyes. We didn't run that much cover 2 defense till this year when Morris became our secondary coach, did we?

Yet everyone overlooks that. Unfreakinbelievable
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
21 ALL THE WAY

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

to be honest it's hard to understand your posts. Laughing I said he played well. So why are we arguing?

You said Hall is not a good covering CB did you or did you not? What I'm saying is your wrong and if you watched last nite game you would understand that and if we played that style of Deffense more throughout the season and Halls time here the same results of him shutting down top WR's would've been seen more often.

I think we play cover 2 more often than not because that's the coverage that Maurice Morris knows how to coach. Have you ever thought about that?

At the end of the day who makes the call's? Jim Hasslet rite.

Have you ever thought that Maurice Morris is coaching the secondary and he's an x Tampa coach who always calls a cover 2 defense? Maybe it's Morris who didn't know how to coach other defensive schemes and coverages??

It's not like this problem just occurred when Morris came aboard the coaching staff.

But no. You want to blame Hasslet. Go ahead blame Hasslet, but the problem has been more Morris in my eyes. We didn't run that much cover 2 defense till this year when Morris became our secondary coach, did we?

We been running the same D since Hasslet has been here. Blitz from every position and hope that the blitz gets there. At times this leaves many people open.

Yet everyone overlooks that. Unfreakinbelievable
[b]

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There were 3-4 games this season where D.Hall and Wilson both had great games, and it was when they played press coverage. The solution to this defense lies in better safety play.

I would pay D.Hall next year to remain a Redskin. I've waffled on it ever since writing my ramble, but the last few weeks it seemed clear that he should be part of the future. Finding a corner that can match up on Dez like that is extremely hard to find, and we know that Dez is just getting warmed up.

Blknite01's masterpiece
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

footy_29 wrote:
There were 3-4 games this season where D.Hall and Wilson both had great games, and it was when they played press coverage. The solution to this defense lies in better safety play.

I would pay D.Hall next year to remain a Redskin. I've waffled on it ever since writing my ramble, but the last few weeks it seemed clear that he should be part of the future. Finding a corner that can match up on Dez like that is extremely hard to find, and we know that Dez is just getting warmed up.
if he were cheaper it'd make it a lot easier. Laughing I think they will welcome him back. It's a tough decision IMO also. I actually expect him to be back with this team next year though. I just see ShanAllenHasslett deciding they probably won't find an upgrade or it will be hard to and they'll have to pay a lot for that guy. So, in the end, I think they will find it better to keep the guy who's been here for 4 years, been in this D for 3 years and is an experienced vet who's been a decent leader. I think he'll be back.

Great point about Dez. Hall played a great game last night for sure. I only remember a few easy catches for Bryant, but that is expected for the most part Dez was held in check.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Dashing

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
THESKINSFAN21 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
He played well, he played awesome last night and has been playing better but he hasn't been playing like a pro bowl corner every game of this run. That's all I'm saying. In the first cowboys game he was burned a lot, same in parts of the Philly game- Foles threw for 300 yds on our D and same vs the Ravens when Flacco to Boldin (who was his man) nearly single handily beat us.

Yea,but it depends on the scheme. Haslett has used different schemes every game,even different schemes half to half.
Quote:
LANDOVER, Md. -- Regular readers know I have this theory that Washington Redskins defensive coordinator Jim Haslett has been devising completely new schemes every week -- sometimes every half -- to overcome the team's injury and personnel issues on defense, and that the extent to which the players are buying into the ever-changing schemes is part of the reason for the team's success. After Sunday night's division-clinching victory over the Dallas Cowboys, I ran my theory past Redskins nose tackle Barry Cofield, who said I was right.

http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/blogpost?blogname=nflnation&id=69465
that has nothing to do with hall having poor form in coverage or biting on double moves which he still does. Gambling for ints and leaving his safeties out to dry.

I saw several times where Hall easily allowed Slant patterns or comebacks while covering Bryant last night and Hall wasn't even close to breaking up the pass. I see the same things with him all the time.

It's funny because people get all over Wilson for a few completions he may give up that turn into big plays but Wilson almost always has tight coverage because he's a better cover man. Hall gives a lot of cushion in hopes of reading qbs eyes to cherry pick on an int. they play totally different styles and is rather have the cb who mostly has tight coverage but might get burned a few times than the cb who always gives up big cushions and easy pitches and catches to qbs and wrs.

The scheme and the gameplan we use has everything to do with how well a player performs, because a scheme may not fit the player and that leaves the player looking like a bum. Clearly the scheme we used last nite having Hall matched up against there biggest threat worked and Hall deserves all the credit for his performance. Hasslet gets credit for finally allowing Hall to play at his strength straight man to man up close and personal. Now shall Hall get burned playin coverage 2 D or playing 10-15 yards away from the WR as we all know it's Jim fault because its clear ThAtz a weakness for Hall. We have to play to our players strength and all looked good playing man to man, so lets stick to that.
the man is not a good cover cb. Bottom line. That's his weakness! He's good at making plays on he ball and forcing turnovers but often times he does that at the expense of having solid coverage on his man. It's the way he's always played since Va Tech.

It isn't Jim's fault! Lmfao. It's not Jim's fault DHall doesn't have tight coverage.

Well Idk we never do man to man press but looks like Hall been working on it and has improved much more and even Wilson looked good.

We are a zone blitzing team and all year we zoned and rushed 3 which is bad . IF any one notices when we blitz alot more ourD does better we should from here and out scheme like how we did in Dallas plain and simple , Hall press man to man was excellent and he faces a weaker matchup next week.
Dashing

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
footy_29 wrote:

if he were cheaper it'd make it a lot easier. Laughing I think they will welcome him back. It's a tough decision IMO also. I actually expect him to be back with this team next year though. I just see ShanAllenHasslett deciding they probably won't find an upgrade or it will be hard to and they'll have to pay a lot for that guy. So, in the end, I think they will find it better to keep the guy who's been here for 4 years, been in this D for 3 years and is an experienced vet who's been a decent leader. I think he'll be back.

Great point about Dez. Hall played a great game last night for sure. I only remember a few easy catches for Bryant, but that is expected for the most part Dez was held in check.

Hall will be back. IDK how our D will be but if Jim can and he finally shown adjustments and more blitzes and press man to man than he can stay. We need to sign a vet DE like Richard Seymour or Cullen Jenkins to make a bigger impact on the 3-4 DL and sign another CB. We also would need to sign Byrd and or re-sign both Jackson and Brandon to really make our D much better.

I never understood why we never blitz like this it was pretty clear in the first half of the ravens game is when we zone way to much we get torched since Doughty and Mediu are too slow . In the second half we completely blitz the ravens and caused two big turn overs and only allowed one TD vs the ravens having 3 in the first half and we shut them down all the way .

Jim can stay if we cant get a better DC but Hall needs his credit and we should play to his strength since he is the most paid and talented player on defense.
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We don't need an old overrated DE like Seymor or Culken Jenkins. We have Carriker coming back. It's all good! Cool

Last edited by turtle28 on Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Priority one is going to need to be a center-field free safety. If we want our guys to play bump-and-run, they have to expect that the help over the top is actually there to help.

For all the hate that Doughty gets, I thought he played a very solid game last night as the in-the-box safety. He's never going to be the guy you want covering the deep threat, but he had a spectacular submarine tackle taking out both Murray and the fullback in one shot.
daboyle250

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shutdown isn't the first word I think of... He's been solid, I'd give him a B+ during the win streak. It could've been higher but the Ravens game hurt him there. Jim Haslett gets a lot of credit, bringing him in blitz packages to hide some faults that Hall has. Hope DeAngelo can keep this up against the Seahawks.

DCRED wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
I'm still cleaning up the stains in my pants! Laughing
Ewwww.
worse thing is they've been there since Shanahan was fired
Dashing

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
We dorm need an old overrated DE like Seymor or Culken Jenkins. We have Carriker coming back. It's all good! Cool
jenkins is an upgrade over carriker and richard seymour for sure is a much much bigger upgrade than bowen.

If anything id sign both or try to atleast and get them heap our rotation would be much better along with a NT and CB. We should do it we have a sb calibar offense now we just need a top 10 D and we got this.
THESKINSFAN21

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dashing wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
We dorm need an old overrated DE like Seymor or Culken Jenkins. We have Carriker coming back. It's all good! Cool
jenkins is an upgrade over carriker and richard seymour for sure is a much much bigger upgrade than bowen.

If anything id sign both or try to atleast and get them heap our rotation would be much better along with a NT and CB. We should do it we have a sb calibar offense now we just need a top 10 D and we got this.

Youre nuts! Why bring in aged D players? Bowen ams Carriker are better for our team....and younger!!!

mike23md on the sig
David Amerson-48 Tackles 12 PD 2 INT 1 TD 1 FF
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
Priority one is going to need to be a center-field free safety. If we want our guys to play bump-and-run, they have to expect that the help over the top is actually there to help.

For all the hate that Doughty gets, I thought he played a very solid game last night as the in-the-box safety. He's never going to be the guy you want covering the deep threat, but he had a spectacular submarine tackle taking out both Murray and the fullback in one shot.
yeah. I totally agree. Mike23, dcred and I were talking about that and that hit on Vickers and Murray by Doughty. Doughty is a great run defender.
Dashing

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THESKINSFAN21 wrote:
Dashing wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

Youre nuts! Why bring in aged D players? Bowen ams Carriker are better for our team....and younger!!!

Better long term yes but these dudes in 2 - year contract is a good bargin even if there rotational ....atleast you can consider rotational . Plus Bowen been a bit of a shadow and carriker not really bad but these guys arent great pass rushers or elites ,now jenkins and Seymour are different with high motors. We are 10-6 our o can be the same but we need to strengthin our pass rush we should not hold back and two years out of these guys can help push for a SB.

And I dont wanna over pay no old FA Im just saying cheap price as starters or rotations are good I mean Moss is old but id keep him for next year too with how hes been.
THESKINSFAN21

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should start making all your posts via video dashing,I can actually understand you. Laughing Wink

mike23md on the sig
David Amerson-48 Tackles 12 PD 2 INT 1 TD 1 FF

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: