Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Dhall=shutdown CB - (Also video of Dashing thoughts on skins
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dashing

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:05 am    Post subject: Dhall=shutdown CB - (Also video of Dashing thoughts on skins Reply with quote

I know funny to hear this right? since our game streaks Dhall has done a great job shutting down every WR he been up against. The only WR I know that did damage was Boldin but Hall that game came in barley approving to play.

Today was pro his best gm as a skins as a shutdown CB as a starter without an INT. I still wouldnt want Jim haslett here but Hall is not a bad press man to man guy or ever was just like wilson who is supposdly much better as a press man to man guy.

Hall had a great 7 weeks and probably more !!!!lets give it to him fellas .

PS: JIm 6-8 man blitz helps our D much better and our success rate is higher . Atleast you pick the right times to do it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hf-L5zfJU3k

12 min video guys where back !

Last edited by Dashing on Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
THESKINSFAN21

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone has stepped up,including D Hall.

mike23md on the sig
Adopt A Redskin- Trent Murphy/OLB-14 Tackles, 1PD, 1 Sack,1FR
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No. Shutdown cbs don't allow as many completions as he did/does, but hall has been playing great. Except for the ravens game when he was horrible and almost all their points were scored on him, he's been playing his best football as a skin in the other 6 games.

Pretty unbelievable how you're loving Hall but still wanting Hasslet gone. Confused This team doesn't win 7 games in a row without Hasslet's great D play calling timely blitzes and mixing up coverages that confused qbs and Blocking Schemes. Give the witchunt a rest buddy. Confused

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Dashing

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
No. Shutdown cbs don't allow as many completions as he did/does, but hall has been playing great. Except for the ravens game when he was horrible and almost all their points were scored on him, he's been playing his best football as a skin in the other 6 games.

Pretty unbelievable how you're loving Hall but still wanting Hasslet gone. Confused This team doesn't win 7 games in a row without Hasslet's great D play calling timely blitzes and mixing up coverages that confused qbs and Blocking Schemes. Give the witchunt a rest buddy. Confused
he shut bryant down too on thanksgiving and alot of games. Our D gives up pointa by check downs and random big plays but hall been good. Peobably uaing him more right.
RSkinGM

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He was a shutdown corner last night -- Out there alone with blitzing every down.. I was looking forward to him being gone..--but he sure turned his game around ,,AND has kept his head and kept his mouth shut-- Someone musta got thru to him..
21 ALL THE WAY

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully Hasslet has came to his senses after last nite. When u play close to the WR our CB's don't get burned. Hall performance was amazing and I would love to continue using him as we did last nite Man to Man rite up on the receiver.

Location: The DMV; Proud Alumnus of the University of Miami, Class of 2011
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dez is a top 3 receiver in the league in my opinion and Hall consistently shut him down in single coverage last night. Probably his best performance as a Redskin.

chauboy wrote:
Then there was 1 group of girls that were just standing against of wall, the group being hot, just texting. Just intimidating.
THESKINSFAN21

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They threw to dez 9 times,3 completions for 49 yards. Beasted! Cool

mike23md on the sig
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He played well, he played awesome last night and has been playing better but he hasn't been playing like a pro bowl corner every game of this run. That's all I'm saying. In the first cowboys game he was burned a lot, same in parts of the Philly game- Foles threw for 345yds on our D, he covered Maclin who had 8 recs, 116 yds and a TD. Then he got torched vs the Ravens when Flacco to Boldin (who was his man) nearly single handily beat us.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
THESKINSFAN21

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
He played well, he played awesome last night and has been playing better but he hasn't been playing like a pro bowl corner every game of this run. That's all I'm saying. In the first cowboys game he was burned a lot, same in parts of the Philly game- Foles threw for 300 yds on our D and same vs the Ravens when Flacco to Boldin (who was his man) nearly single handily beat us.

Yea,but it depends on the scheme. Haslett has used different schemes every game,even different schemes half to half.
Quote:
LANDOVER, Md. -- Regular readers know I have this theory that Washington Redskins defensive coordinator Jim Haslett has been devising completely new schemes every week -- sometimes every half -- to overcome the team's injury and personnel issues on defense, and that the extent to which the players are buying into the ever-changing schemes is part of the reason for the team's success. After Sunday night's division-clinching victory over the Dallas Cowboys, I ran my theory past Redskins nose tackle Barry Cofield, who said I was right.

http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/blogpost?blogname=nflnation&id=69465

mike23md on the sig
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THESKINSFAN21 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
He played well, he played awesome last night and has been playing better but he hasn't been playing like a pro bowl corner every game of this run. That's all I'm saying. In the first cowboys game he was burned a lot, same in parts of the Philly game- Foles threw for 300 yds on our D and same vs the Ravens when Flacco to Boldin (who was his man) nearly single handily beat us.

Yea,but it depends on the scheme. Haslett has used different schemes every game,even different schemes half to half.
Quote:
LANDOVER, Md. -- Regular readers know I have this theory that Washington Redskins defensive coordinator Jim Haslett has been devising completely new schemes every week -- sometimes every half -- to overcome the team's injury and personnel issues on defense, and that the extent to which the players are buying into the ever-changing schemes is part of the reason for the team's success. After Sunday night's division-clinching victory over the Dallas Cowboys, I ran my theory past Redskins nose tackle Barry Cofield, who said I was right.

that has nothing to do with hall having poor form in coverage or biting on double moves which he still does. Gambling for ints and leaving his safeties out to dry.

I saw several times where Hall easily allowed Slant patterns or comebacks while covering Bryant last night and Hall wasn't even close to breaking up the pass. I see the same things with him all the time.

It's funny because people get all over Wilson for a few completions he may give up that turn into big plays but Wilson almost always has tight coverage because he's a better cover man. Hall gives a lot of cushion in hopes of reading qbs eyes to cherry pick on an int. they play totally different styles and is rather have the cb who mostly has tight coverage but might get burned a few times than the cb who always gives up big cushions and easy pitches and catches to qbs and wrs.

He got burned by Colt Beasley in the thanksgiving day game! Who in the world is colt Beasley and why is he burning our top paid DB?

All that being said. I do agree Hall has played better on this run. I said that, but he hasn't played at all like a shut down cb.

21 ALL THE WAY

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
THESKINSFAN21 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

Quote:

that has nothing to do with hall having poor form in coverage or biting on double moves which he still does. Gambling for ints and leaving his safeties out to dry.

I saw several times where Hall easily allowed Slant patterns or comebacks while covering Bryant last night and Hall wasn't even close to breaking up the pass. I see the same things with him all the time.

It's funny because people get all over Wilson for a few completions he may give up that turn into big plays but Wilson almost always has tight coverage because he's a better cover man. Hall gives a lot of cushion in hopes of reading qbs eyes to cherry pick on an int. they play totally different styles and is rather have the cb who mostly has tight coverage but might get burned a few times than the cb who always gives up big cushions and easy pitches and catches to qbs and wrs.

The scheme and the gameplan we use has everything to do with how well a player performs, because a scheme may not fit the player and that leaves the player looking like a bum. Clearly the scheme we used last nite having Hall matched up against there biggest threat worked and Hall deserves all the credit for his performance. Hasslet gets credit for finally allowing Hall to play at his strength straight man to man up close and personal. Now shall Hall get burned playin coverage 2 D or playing 10-15 yards away from the WR as we all know it's Jim fault because its clear ThAtz a weakness for Hall. We have to play to our players strength and all looked good playing man to man, so lets stick to that.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
THESKINSFAN21 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

Quote:

The scheme and the gameplan we use has everything to do with how well a player performs, because a scheme may not fit the player and that leaves the player looking like a bum. Clearly the scheme we used last nite having Hall matched up against there biggest threat worked and Hall deserves all the credit for his performance. Hasslet gets credit for finally allowing Hall to play at his strength straight man to man up close and personal. Now shall Hall get burned playin coverage 2 D or playing 10-15 yards away from the WR as we all know it's Jim fault because its clear ThAtz a weakness for Hall. We have to play to our players strength and all looked good playing man to man, so lets stick to that.
the man is not a good cover cb. Bottom line. That's his weakness! He's good at making plays on he ball and forcing turnovers but often times he does that at the expense of having solid coverage on his man. It's the way he's always played since Va Tech.

It isn't Jim's fault! Lmfao. It's not Jim's fault DHall doesn't have tight coverage.

21 ALL THE WAY

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
THESKINSFAN21 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

Quote:

the man is not a good cover cb. Bottom line. That's his weakness! He's good at making plays on he ball and forcing turnovers but often times he does that at the expense of having solid coverage on his man. It's the way he's always played since Va Tech.

It isn't Jim's fault! Lmfao. It's not Jim's fault DHall doesn't have tight coverage.

Hall's not a good covering corner but he shut down one of the top 5 WR's last nite. Hall was left alone on a island all by himself last nite and what where the results? Dez Bryant being a non factor plain and simple. If you can't see that I don't know what you were watching!!!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I said he's played well and played great last night but that doesn't mean he's a shut down cb. It's not like he's played as well as the top cbs in the league like a Revis, Champ Bailey, Tillman, Rogers, Finnegan, Sherman, etc.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: