Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Stadium Saga Part XIII: Blowing the Roof Off
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
Thor Construction...

Seems appropriate.

if things go bad, they'll bring the hammer down.

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
vike daddy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mortenson Construction was chosen as the Construction Manager because they have national sports construction experience, local connections, offered the most competitive fee, have staff experience with operable roofs and a proven track record in hiring a diverse workforce. Mortenson’s workforce will be 100 percent Minnesota based as they are a Minnesota company.

The new stadium is the largest construction project in the state of Minnesota. Mortenson estimates that the stadium construction project will take 4.25 million work hours and employ 7,500 workers.

http://www.mortenson.com/NewsArticle_2013_021513_NPG_MSFAMinnesotaVikingsStadiumAnnouncement.aspx

Webmaster wrote:
Klomp

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

“@KFAN1003: Lester Bagley tells us that 2013 is "virtually assured" to be the final season of Vikings football at the Metrodome. Bagley says the plan now is to demolish the Metrodome in February of 2014 ... after the 2013 Vikings season. Bagley says a decision on a retractable feature on the stadium will be made within 60-90 days. #Vikings”
vike daddy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Klomp wrote:
Bagley says the plan now is to demolish the Metrodome in February of 2014.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZkr0A9633Q

Webmaster wrote:
disaacs

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It probably won't be as dramatic as the Kingdome going down. Unfortunately, I wasn't there to witness that in person, since I hadn't moved to Seattle until about 7 or 8 months later than that, but that would have been a sight to see.

The Metrodome going down will probably be more akin to a souffle going flat and then the sides caving in. Laughing

Thx to Uncle Buck!
Klomp

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
“@PatKessler: Mortenson Const says it can build new #Vikings stadium in 33 months. $5m per game penalty if not done for 2016 season.”
Sector7G

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Klomp wrote:
Quote:
“@PatKessler: Mortenson Const says it can build new #Vikings stadium in 33 months. $5m per game penalty if not done for 2016 season.”

I can hardly wait. The next big event will be the architecture design Laughing
sportskid_021

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First this is just a concept someone did not the real thing.... but I like the general idea of making it a boat shaped feel.

"There's only one Tree Hill, and it's your home." ~ 2003-2012
sportskid_021

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

O then he came back with a more "wood" outdoor look... More like a Viking ship- I like that a lil better...

PurpleNation22

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty awesome concept! I love the "Norse Gate"

The "tan" colored version is less preferred by me. I like the "silver" colored rendering better because the former reminds me of an ark. Unless Zygi's name was Noah and he wanted an attached petting zoo. Laughing
Nzd07

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks awesome. I too prefer the silver lining. Any updates on the name?

Pull your 84 jerseys out
Jay-Z wrote:
I'm not a businessman. I'm a business, man!
sportskid_021

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PurpleNation22 wrote:
Pretty awesome concept! I love the "Norse Gate"

The "tan" colored version is less preferred by me. I like the "silver" colored rendering better because the former reminds me of an ark. Unless Zygi's name was Noah and he wanted an attached petting zoo. Laughing

See I am the other way, with this concept I like the wood looking one b/c it resembles a viking ship more...

disaacs

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While it's an interesting design, I don't know if I really like it or not...and would the architecture of the bow and stern hold up in bad weather? Or would they rip off in some horrendous microburst? I don't really know, it's just a question.

Looking at it again, I now am more convinced that I don't like it at all. It looks like a giant two-sided teapot.

Thx to Uncle Buck!
vike daddy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

disaacs wrote:
It looks like a giant two-sided teapot.

yeah, i have to agree.

plus, since it's going to be "the people's stadium," and be multi-purpose, will it really be Viking themed?

Webmaster wrote:
vike daddy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mortenson Construction was the unanimous choice of the Minnesota Sports Facilities Authority. Was it the first choice of the Vikings, too?

Lester Bagley: "Well, yeah. Like every decision that needs to be made during this process, the legislation said the team and the authority have to agree on everything. It was an extremely difficult decision. It came down to Mortenson versus Hunt Construction, (and) Hunt teamed up with Kraus-Anderson (another Minnesota-based company). As we worked through it, Mortenson was the best bid. They're a strong team with great experience, and they're great in the community. We've worked with them in our community many years. They did a wonderful job at Target Field and TCF Bank Stadium. Bottom line is they have strengths, and they have a track record of being on time and on budget. In the end, it was a unanimous decision, but it was a process we had to work through."

How much help was it that the Wilf family has been involved in major construction projects of their own?

Lester Bagley: "It's been a huge benefit. The Vikings and our ownership have experience negotiating with builders and architects. It contributed a lot toward hiring the architect and builder. We think overall it's an advantage in this market. It comes into play in cost and understanding the project."

The Vikings want a retractable roof. What are the odds of that happening?

Lester Bagley: "We think the odds are pretty good for a retractable feature. It could be a window that opens to the downtown skyway. It could be walls that open to the plaza. That's something we're looking hard at. The other thing is the roof. It's going to come down to cost. That's one of the most important things in getting Mortenson involved. Now they can cost out those features. Our goal is to bring in a retractable feature within the $975 million budget. If not, we're going to have to have conversations with the stadium authority. The retractable feature is a big one. Sometime in the next 60 days or thereabouts, we will make a decision and share with the public the vision for the stadium and what it will look like."

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_22615091/minnesota-vikings-stadium-has-builder-next-big-decision

Webmaster wrote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 3 of 12

Jump to: