Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

To be honest, this bothers me…
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Raves

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SWATcha wrote:
Fire Spags, hire Lovie Smith. The Bears D (4-3) has been beast since Smith took over. Bears just fired him, so he's looking for work.

I'm sure Brian Urlacher, Lance Briggs, Julius Peppers, Charles Tillman, etc have nothing to do with how beastly their defense is. Lovie Smith isn't going to be able to do anything different than what Spags has done so far as the Bears D (4-3) is also a cover 2 scheme which relies on the front 4 to get the majority of pressure on the QB.

2013 Adopt-A-Saint
TE Jimmy Graham-86 rec, 1215 yds, 16 TDs
WR Kenny Still-34 rec, 641 yds, 5 TDs
SWATcha

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tylerdouglass wrote:
SWATcha wrote:
Fire Spags, hire Lovie Smith. The Bears D (4-3) has been beast since Smith took over. Bears just fired him, so he's looking for work.

We already have our head coach. I don't see Lovie taking a DC job, plenty of teams would be willing to bring him on as a HC.

You're assuming he wants a HC position again. The only teams wanting a HC will be dysfunctional and Lovie has proven his teams aren't much in terms of offense. Never know unless you ask. I think he's leaps and bounds better than Spags.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raves wrote:
SWATcha wrote:

I'm sure Brian Urlacher, Lance Briggs, Julius Peppers, Charles Tillman, etc have nothing to do with how beastly their defense is. Lovie Smith isn't going to be able to do anything different than what Spags has done so far as the Bears D (4-3) is also a cover 2 scheme which relies on the front 4 to get the majority of pressure on the QB.

And other than Peppers, all the Bears defensive guys are homegrown. I think Lovie has an eye for defensive talent. If the defense needs to be rebuilt, I think Lovie would be better suited to building a D from the ground up

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SWATcha wrote:
Raves wrote:
SWATcha wrote:

And other than Peppers, all the Bears defensive guys are homegrown. I think Lovie has an eye for defensive talent. If the defense needs to be rebuilt, I think Lovie would be better suited to building a D from the ground up

So were the defenses Spags were in charge of in New York and St. Louis.

2013 Adopt-A-Saint
TE Jimmy Graham-86 rec, 1215 yds, 16 TDs
WR Kenny Still-34 rec, 641 yds, 5 TDs
Harper41

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I agree we shouldn't switch from Spags to Lovie Smith, only because it'd be another year of finding new players, Lovie Smith is a much better defensive coach than Spags.

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Thought someone broke into my house.
Jumped out of bed (left my brother)
sammymvpknight

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whiz over Lovie. He runs a 3-4 man scheme that best suits our personnel .
thesolution

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We don't need to switch to a 3-4 just because we have 3-4 personnel. Broncos have similar type of personnel and they run a 4-3.

Copyrighted by Kiltman
My Second Sig
SWATcha

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raves wrote:
SWATcha wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thesolution wrote:
We don't need to switch to a 3-4 just because we have 3-4 personnel. Broncos have similar type of personnel and they run a 4-3.

They have Von Miller and Elvis Dumervil who are great enough to play in any scheme. The Saints don't have those types of players. The personnel isn't even close...they are far superior at every position. When you don't have great players, you need to find players that fit a scheme. No question this personnel would be better in 3-4.
Harper41

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sammymvpknight wrote:
thesolution wrote:

They have Von Miller and Elvis Dumervil who are great enough to play in any scheme. The Saints don't have those types of players. The personnel isn't even close...they are far superior at every position. When you don't have great players, you need to find players that fit a scheme. No question this personnel would be better in 3-4.
Agreed.
DE - Cameron Jordan
NT - Brodrick Bunkley
DE - Akiem Hicks

OLB - Martez Wilson
ILB - Curtis Lofton
ILB - David Hawthorne
OLB - Junior Galette

That front 7 looks worlds better than our current lineup and thats without adding any players in the draft/free agency. Add a Jarvis Jones/ Dion Jordan/ Johnathan Jenkins to that front 7 and it looks even better.

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
thesolution

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sammymvpknight wrote:
thesolution wrote:

Von Miller is the only guy in their defense that's a difference but he's just a much more polished pass rusher then Martez. This was Tez first year rushing the passer. Dumervil is an undersized DE who strictly rushes the passer. That's Galette. He don't get hurt. He have about 8 maybe more sacks this year. Like I said. The personnel is similar. The only difference is Miller.. Nobody else.

Copyrighted by Kiltman
My Second Sig
Harper41

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Von Miller isn't just a "more polished pass rusher" than Martez Wilson. He's about 10x the player Wilson can ever dream of being. He's arguably a top 3 defensive player in the league.

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
tylerdouglass

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
Von Miller isn't just a "more polished pass rusher" than Martez Wilson. He's about 10x the player Wilson can ever dream of being. He's arguably a top 3 defensive player in the league.

Not to mention calling Doom and Galette the same player is laughable.

I'm embarrassed that was even posted on the forums I frequent.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thesolution wrote:
sammymvpknight wrote:
thesolution wrote:

Von Miller is the only guy in their defense that's a difference but he's just a much more polished pass rusher then Martez. This was Tez first year rushing the passer. Dumervil is an undersized DE who strictly rushes the passer. That's Galette. He don't get hurt. He have about 8 maybe more sacks this year. Like I said. The personnel is similar. The only difference is Miller.. Nobody else.

Tez is a less polished Von Miller. Cam Jordan is a less polished Bruce Smith. Sed Ellis is a less polished Richard Seymore. Shanle is drug-free Bill Romanowski.

Martez Wilson isn't in the same stratosphere as Von Miller. Miller is a better fluid athlete and has more football IQ in his toe than Tez in his brain. Why stop at comparing Galette to Dumervil? Have you actually seen both Galette and Wilson defend three run? They get blown of the ball teen yards down the field. They are situational pass rushers atty very best at 4-3 DE. They would be much better fits at 3-4 OLB.
FLOODx

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So.. IF Spags is let go.. which D coordinators would you guys like to go after? I don't see Lovie or Whiz as possibilities because I think they'll get HC jobs

gopherwrestler on the sig.
Adopt-a-Saint
Cam Jordan: 47 tackles, 12.5 sacks, 2 FF

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: