Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Cedric Griffin can come back for the playoffs!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DCRED wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
DCRED wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
I think Landry left and made the pro bowl... so that'd be another guy on that list now and Rocky McIntosh started for the St Louis Rams this year. Wink

The rest needed to be done, he inherited an old team and many of the players he had didn't fit his new schemes. Those players like CP, Heyer, Mike Williams, Rock Cartwright, Betts, JC, Collins, Randle EL, Phillip Daniels, Albert Haynesworth, Cornelius Griffin, Andre Carter, Colt Brennan, Kareem Moore, Devin Thomas and Malcolm Kelly would have been cut by any front office/head coach person by now. In reality, Mike Shanahan did what any other person needed to do that was given this team in 2010.

It was time to move on from the Gibbs 2.0 era players no matter who took over this team in 2010. They were either old and were about to retire or wouldn't fit a new coaches scheme or the new coach would want his own guys.

So we should give him the credit for doing what was necessary then, in addition to stocking the team with alot of talent in the last two drafts.

I remember a whole lot of grumbling and second-guessing when alot of these players and others were let go. Some people weren't ready to say that was what he needed to do at the time. So his choices shouldn't be diminished now as something "anyone" would have done.
I'm not discrediting Shanahan. He's done a masterful job building this team, especially this season but I'm just saying any GM/HC would have gotten rid of most of our players on the 2009 roster he inherited in the same timeframe. That would have happen no matter who was hired because those players were old or weren't good.

What Shanahan has done through the draft and being smarter in FA with our $ and the players we have targeted since the old players were gone is what has been great! But just getting rid of the guys in their 30s or our FA and draft busts from Cerrato really wasn't a great feat in my eyes. Anyone would have gotten rid of those guys.

Dude YOU clamored for most of those veterans to stay

You wailed about people like Keiland Wiliams being cut, then brought up how he was starting (due to injuries though) in Detroit as if we never should have let him go and Shanahan made another mistake

And many many others

Then act as if anyone would have cut all those guys. Your position now is comical
and many others like who? Seriously man. You aren't looking at the facts.

I advocating get rid of most of our players in 2010 when they didn't fit our system. I felt we should have given Devin Thomas more of a chance and I felt we handled the Malcolm Kelly situation wrong because we didn't pup him when he was injured at the beginning of camp. I was a Jason Campbell fan and I felt keeping him for a year to try out a new system with better coaching was better than trading all we did for McNabb and definitely cheaper for the team. Once we got McNabb and traded all we did for him, I thought keeping him for just one year was dumb but its worked our for us. I never wanted Haynesworth and wanted CP gone before he was gone. I didn't think CP should have been on our 2009 roster, let alone 2010. I wanted Heyer gone just like everyone else.

I thought the trade for Adam Carriker was a great one, and I led the charge to see him re-signed because I felt he was our best all around DL and we've missed him greatly this year.

As for Keiland I thought he was a great special teams player and #3 Rb we should hold onto who could catch and block but we kept drafting RBs and wrs, picks I felt would have been better served on OL and DBs.

I was the first one in this forum who was happy when we signed Kory Lichtensteiger when most didn't know who he was. I knew he was drafted for the zbs by Shanahan and all broncos fans said he was going to be starting if Shanahan was their HC in 2009.

I was the first one in this forum happy when we re-signed Will Montgomery, I thought that was a great move and its turned out to be.

I wanted to Keep Carlos Rogers in 2011 and all he's done is turn into a pro bowler for the 9ers, I was his biggest supporter in the forum. I wanted Landry gone before anyone else did.

Anyone else? It's not like you've agreed with every move the Shanahans have made either.

I welcomed the Bowen and Cofield signings because I thought they'd both play DE. I was shocked to learn Cofield would play NT, but in was wrong and it worked out. I liked the Chester and Josh Wilson signings but felt we overpaid for both guys. I welcomed the Atogwe signing and its too bad he got injured last year, honestly, I think a strong argument could be made that he'd be a better option at FS this year than Madieu Williams has been. (But Williams has been cheaper) If we didn't employ Madieu Williams, I don't think he's have a job in the NFL right and and he's our starter. Confused Laughing

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dro wrote:
id prolly just stick with crawford.
doesn't hurt to have more experience and both guys as Footy said. Also, as Footy and others have said Cedric Griffin was playing the best of any of our DBs when he was suspended. I think it'd be a good move to re-sign him and I think he's be the healthiest he's been all year because he's had the last 4 games off.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
RSkinGM

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Dro wrote:
doesn't hurt to have more experience and both guys as Footy said. Also, as Footy and others have said Cedric Griffin was playing the best of any of our DBs when he was suspended. I think it'd be a good move to re-sign him and I think he's be the healthiest he's been all year because he's had the last 4 games off.

I absolutely want him on the Playoff roster.. We might as well cut Banks now.. or Murphy, or D J Johnson, Mukelroy, So'oto ..
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSkinGM wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Dro wrote:

I absolutely want him on the Playoff roster.. We might as well cut Banks now.. or Murphy, or D J Johnson, Mukelroy, So'oto ..
id like to keep Muckelroy but the rest I agree with

Macho Man

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crawford better not come off the field for Cedric Griffin, that would be insane. Crawford has been better and he is just hittin his stride. If your on a seven game winning streak and in the playoffs, why would you change any personnel. Stick with the horses that got u to the dance.
THESKINSFAN21

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Macho Man wrote:
Crawford better not come off the field for Cedric Griffin, that would be insane. Crawford has been better and he is just hittin his stride. If your on a seven game winning streak and in the playoffs, why would you change any personnel. Stick with the horses that got u to the dance.

Agreed,Crawford is our nickel and should remain there!

mike23md on the sig
Adopt A Redskin- Trent Murphy/OLB-14 Tackles, 1PD, 1 Sack,1FR
RSkinGM

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Crawford a lot ! I read today he'd be the fourth corner if D J Johnson couldn't go--sprained ankle .. WHAT Shocked Shocked Shocked
D J Johnson can start on his next career in my opinion.. What has he done for us.
Jeezy Fanatic

Location: The DMV; Proud Alumnus of the University of Miami, Class of 2011
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSkinGM wrote:
I like Crawford a lot ! I read today he'd be the fourth corner if D J Johnson couldn't go--sprained ankle .. WHAT Shocked Shocked Shocked
D J Johnson can start on his next career in my opinion.. What has he done for us.

Suck?

chauboy wrote:
Then there was 1 group of girls that were just standing against of wall, the group being hot, just texting. Just intimidating.
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSkinGM wrote:
yeah. I do agree that's I want Crawford out there as our nickel even if Cedric Griffin in brought back. I definitely agree DJ Johnson shouldn't even be on the team.

Crawford has been such a pleasant surprise for this team. He's barely played for us this year but all he does is make plays as the nickel cb and on special teams in the return game. I'm happy we have him and I'd like to see him to continue to be used in the capacity he currently is for now and the future.

turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just heard on 106.7 the fan that Cedric Griffin has been activated for the game on Sunday!! Cool

RSkinGM

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
I just heard on 106.7 the fan that Cedric Griffin has been activated for the game on Sunday!! Cool

Most excellent my man, most excellent ! Cool
DCRED

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha turtle Thanks for mentioning.
I was going to bring it up

I'm glad to see CG come back. I'm hoping the D hasn't changed too much in the last few weeks for him to get 25 or so snaps Cool

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: