Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Cedric Griffin can come back for the playoffs!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DCRED

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
BuckleyBoy wrote:
Jeezy Fanatic wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
BuckleyBoy wrote:
I thought LeRibeus did a fine job. Helped seal off defenders and help Morris get to the 2nd level.
i thought the same. I was impressed

Same. This draft year has really been impressive, it seems like legitimately every rookie has stepped up at some point when called upon.

Funny thing is people ripped on the LeRibeus pick, but when you listened to some national scouts like Lande, they absolutely loved the pick and potential for LeRib
well It still remains to be seen in the end about him, and I mainly ripped it because I knew how bad our secondary was going to be since we didn't address it when we could have earlier in the draft. Don't forget, we have Maurice hurt who's played ok in reserve duty at LG and RT. our back up DBs have struggled.

While I agree we needed secondary help I would argue that we needed Oline help even more. For many reasons, not to mention the arrival of a Franchise QB and the injury concerns across the entire Oline the last few seasons.
So I was glad to see Both G positions (a G/C in Leribeus ) and a potential RT chosen
Addressing the positions with youth ensures a developing core to protect RG3 into the future
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DCRED wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
BuckleyBoy wrote:
Jeezy Fanatic wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
BuckleyBoy wrote:
I thought LeRibeus did a fine job. Helped seal off defenders and help Morris get to the 2nd level.

Same. This draft year has really been impressive, it seems like legitimately every rookie has stepped up at some point when called upon.

Funny thing is people ripped on the LeRibeus pick, but when you listened to some national scouts like Lande, they absolutely loved the pick and potential for LeRib
well It still remains to be seen in the end about him, and I mainly ripped it because I knew how bad our secondary was going to be since we didn't address it when we could have earlier in the draft. Don't forget, we have Maurice hurt who's played ok in reserve duty at LG and RT. our back up DBs have struggled.

While I agree we needed secondary help I would argue that we needed Oline help even more. For many reasons, not to mention the arrival of a Franchise QB and the injury concerns across the entire Oline the last few seasons.
So I was glad to see Both G positions (a G/C in Leribeus ) and a potential RT chosen
Addressing the positions with youth ensures a developing core to protect RG3 into the future
i know, but IMO we had more help at guard/center because we knew Hurt was more serviceable than what we had a DB which wasn't much. Anyways, what's done is done. Lets hope they fix this aging and inconsistent secondary this offseason.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
DCRED

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
DCRED wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
BuckleyBoy wrote:
Jeezy Fanatic wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
BuckleyBoy wrote:

i know, but IMO we had more help at guard/center because we knew Hurt was more serviceable than what we had a DB which wasn't much. Anyways, what's done is done. Lets hope they fix this aging and inconsistent secondary this offseason.

I would bet they do... Hmm since you don't do friendly Sig bets how about like sporting a short phrase for say a week, like "I should listen to :::::: more often... I would do it
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DCRED wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
DCRED wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
BuckleyBoy wrote:
Jeezy Fanatic wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
BuckleyBoy wrote:

I would bet they do... Hmm since you don't do friendly Sig bets how about like sporting a short phrase for say a week, like "I should listen to :::::: more often... I would do it
I'm done with predictions for a little while thanks to 21atw
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
footy_29

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know the PED suspension is a black spot, but that's something to be decided for next year. Right now, this defense needs any able body in the secondary.

And my adoption of him has nothing to do with this opinion.

Blknite01's masterpiece
DCRED

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
DCRED wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
DCRED wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
BuckleyBoy wrote:
Jeezy Fanatic wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
BuckleyBoy wrote:

I'm done with predictions for a little while thanks to 21atw

Not going to comment on that yet, but you got some questions coming your way....
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^ you just commented on it. You might as well Pm me on what now I'm going to be bombarded with
Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeezy Fanatic wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
BuckleyBoy wrote:

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/69432/shanahans-stunning-redskins-turnaround

Quote:
Back on June 13, Shanahan sat in his office in Ashburn, Va., and pointed to a spot on the wall near his office door. It's a spot that is concealed when the door is open, but with the door closed you can see the names of dozens of players no longer on the team. The names are on the same kinds of labels Shanahan uses to arrange the neatly organized depth chart he keeps on the same wall on the other side of a mahogany bookcase and much closer to his desk. But these names of former Redskins are thrown up there haphazardly, as though he just wanted them gone but didn't have the time to dispose of them properly.

"Just look," he said, pointing to the labels. "We've cut 150 players since I got here and only one of them is starting for another team -- Carlos Rogers in San Francisco. We've got a whole new team."

I saw this earlier today, and this place felt the best place to put it as any.

Think about that. Shanahan has essentially tossed almost three full rosters of players since he's been here. Granted, most of those guys are probably guys who came through training camp with no chance to make the final 53, but still. That's pretty impressive turnover ... and its now bearing fruit.
daboyle250

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Griffin does come back, who would be let go so it would go back to 53? Vic So'oto, maybe?

DCRED wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
I'm still cleaning up the stains in my pants! Laughing
Ewwww.
worse thing is they've been there since Shanahan was fired
Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

daboyle250 wrote:
If Griffin does come back, who would be let go so it would go back to 53? Vic So'oto, maybe?

Since my first reaction was "who is that guy," it sounds like he'd be a perfect candidate.
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
Jeezy Fanatic wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
BuckleyBoy wrote:

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/69432/shanahans-stunning-redskins-turnaround

Quote:
Back on June 13, Shanahan sat in his office in Ashburn, Va., and pointed to a spot on the wall near his office door. It's a spot that is concealed when the door is open, but with the door closed you can see the names of dozens of players no longer on the team. The names are on the same kinds of labels Shanahan uses to arrange the neatly organized depth chart he keeps on the same wall on the other side of a mahogany bookcase and much closer to his desk. But these names of former Redskins are thrown up there haphazardly, as though he just wanted them gone but didn't have the time to dispose of them properly.

"Just look," he said, pointing to the labels. "We've cut 150 players since I got here and only one of them is starting for another team -- Carlos Rogers in San Francisco. We've got a whole new team."

I saw this earlier today, and this place felt the best place to put it as any.

Think about that. Shanahan has essentially tossed almost three full rosters of players since he's been here. Granted, most of those guys are probably guys who came through training camp with no chance to make the final 53, but still. That's pretty impressive turnover ... and its now bearing fruit.
I think Landry left and made the pro bowl... so that'd be another guy on that list now and Rocky McIntosh started for the St Louis Rams this year. Wink

The rest needed to be done, he inherited an old team and many of the players he had didn't fit his new schemes. Those players like CP, Heyer, Mike Williams, Rock Cartwright, Betts, JC, Collins, Randle EL, Phillip Daniels, Albert Haynesworth, Cornelius Griffin, Andre Carter, Colt Brennan, Kareem Moore, Devin Thomas and Malcolm Kelly would have been cut by any front office/head coach person by now. In reality, Mike Shanahan did what any other person needed to do that was given this team in 2010.

It was time to move on from the Gibbs 2.0 era players no matter who took over this team in 2010. They were either old and were about to retire or wouldn't fit a new coaches scheme or the new coach would want his own guys.
DCRED

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
I think Landry left and made the pro bowl... so that'd be another guy on that list now and Rocky McIntosh started for the St Louis Rams this year. Wink

The rest needed to be done, he inherited an old team and many of the players he had didn't fit his new schemes. Those players like CP, Heyer, Mike Williams, Rock Cartwright, Betts, JC, Collins, Randle EL, Phillip Daniels, Albert Haynesworth, Cornelius Griffin, Andre Carter, Colt Brennan, Kareem Moore, Devin Thomas and Malcolm Kelly would have been cut by any front office/head coach person by now. In reality, Mike Shanahan did what any other person needed to do that was given this team in 2010.

It was time to move on from the Gibbs 2.0 era players no matter who took over this team in 2010. They were either old and were about to retire or wouldn't fit a new coaches scheme or the new coach would want his own guys.

So we should give him the credit for doing what was necessary then, in addition to stocking the team with alot of talent in the last two drafts.

I remember a whole lot of grumbling and second-guessing when alot of these players and others were let go. Some people weren't ready to say that was what he needed to do at the time. So his choices shouldn't be diminished now as something "anyone" would have done.
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DCRED wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

So we should give him the credit for doing what was necessary then, in addition to stocking the team with alot of talent in the last two drafts.

I remember a whole lot of grumbling and second-guessing when alot of these players and others were let go. Some people weren't ready to say that was what he needed to do at the time. So his choices shouldn't be diminished now as something "anyone" would have done.
I'm not discrediting Shanahan. He's done a masterful job building this team, especially this season but I'm just saying any GM/HC would have gotten rid of most of our players on the 2009 roster he inherited in the same timeframe. That would have happen no matter who was hired because those players were old or weren't good.

What Shanahan has done through the draft and being smarter in FA with our $ and the players we have targeted since the old players were gone is what has been great! But just getting rid of the guys in their 30s or our FA and draft busts from Cerrato really wasn't a great feat in my eyes. Anyone would have gotten rid of those guys.
DCRED

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
DCRED wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

I'm not discrediting Shanahan. He's done a masterful job building this team, especially this season but I'm just saying any GM/HC would have gotten rid of most of our players on the 2009 roster he inherited in the same timeframe. That would have happen no matter who was hired because those players were old or weren't good.

What Shanahan has done through the draft and being smarter in FA with our $ and the players we have targeted since the old players were gone is what has been great! But just getting rid of the guys in their 30s or our FA and draft busts from Cerrato really wasn't a great feat in my eyes. Anyone would have gotten rid of those guys.

Dude YOU clamored for most of those veterans to stay

You wailed about people like Keiland Wiliams being cut, then brought up how he was starting (due to injuries though) in Detroit as if we never should have let him go and Shanahan made another mistake

And many many others

Then act as if anyone would have cut all those guys. Your position now is comical
Dro

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

id prolly just stick with crawford.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: