Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

who would cardinals pick?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
swindlemaster

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:59 pm    Post subject: who would cardinals pick? Reply with quote

If both Warmack-G and Fisher-T are there at pick 7,who would the Cardinals take?In another site it said your tackles played better at the end of the season.So would the pick be Warmack?
JohnnyV

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thatís the million dollar question right now floating around this forum, and honestly I donít think we can provide you with a definitive answer. We all have our favorites for different reasons, as I tend to lean toward Warmack because I feel like heís a once in a generation type player.

Others love Fisher for good reason. Really no oneís wrong here.

Bottom line, itís good to have options in regards to a group (offensive line), thatís been ignored for too many seasons. And unlike in the past, there are quality players to be had where we are picking. That wasnít the case say two years ago when we took Patrick or really even last year at #13 with Floyd and company. We had to talk ourselves into the likes of Cordy Glenn and for the most part Reilly Reiff.

This year, other than if we absolutely fall in love with a quarterback, the 7th overall pick will be an offensive linemen. There are two blue chippers waiting for us. Itís as safe of a bet as theyíll be in the first round.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chance Warmack imo, is the safest pick in the draft. An if the teams thinking about some turn over on the interior(releasing Snyder) it's not the worst idea in the world to draft Warmack over Fisher. Warmack has a real shot to be a dominate top 5 OG early in this league. Fisher, looks like he's capable of being a franchise LT, but is less convincing as a elite pro-prospect like Warmack.

Me personally, I'd choose Warmack. I'm a Lions fan, and I'm hoping they choose Warmack at 5 or do a trade back. Wink
SmallieBigs

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I'm making the call, it's Warmack. The interior of the Cardinals line is the weak point, and Warmack is a huge upgrade over Snyder. Fisher isn't an immediate upgrade over Brown, and it doesn't look like Brown would move inside anyways.
shawn

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we have a bigger need at guard, and Warmack is probably a better overall prospect than Fisher at this point.

however, I think in this situation the Cardinals would go with Fisher. David DeCastro went 24th last year, and he was equally as hyped as Warmack is this year. Teams just have no interest in picking guards with a top ten pick.

I would welcome Warmack with open arms however.

sig made by mike23md
iRobot

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shawn wrote:
we have a bigger need at guard, and Warmack is probably a better overall prospect than Fisher at this point.

however, I think in this situation the Cardinals would go with Fisher. David DeCastro went 24th last year, and he was equally as hyped as Warmack is this year. Teams just have no interest in picking guards with a top ten pick.

I would welcome Warmack with open arms however.

It's still probably too early to speculate at the pick with the combine still left to go and the rise/fall some of these prospects are going to experience from here until the draft.

That being said, I like a Warmack pick, I don't mind a Fisher pick, and would like a Joeckel pick if he falls as some rare mocks project.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

QB and OG are the two big needs on offense. Today McShay said Warmack is the greatest Guard he's ever graded along with some other scouts. I don't see a problem taking him that early. Gil Brandt thinks he'll go #4 to Philly.

The Rebuild Has Begun...
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we are going to be able to find a very good (Maybe not Warmack Level), but very good guard in the 2nd or 3rd round with where we stand. We only have one shot to get a tackle like Fisher.

If we are really looking to improve both one Guard spot and LT the best way to go would be Fisher/Guard rather than Warmack/Tackle.

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
iRobot

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
I think we are going to be able to find a very good (Maybe not Warmack Level), but very good guard in the 2nd or 3rd round with where we stand. We only have one shot to get a tackle like Fisher.

If we are really looking to improve both one Guard spot and LT the best way to go would be Fisher/Guard rather than Warmack/Tackle.

I can agree with that line of thinking, however, from the sounds of it the org seems to be happy with the young tackles and getting Levi back from injury.

Right now, if I was a betting man, I'd leave 60-70% chance they don't get an early tackle but that also depends on who is available at #7.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:

What OG would that be in the 2nd or 3rd? Warmack is basically a top 5 player at his position right away...

The Rebuild Has Begun...
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyDez wrote:
khodder wrote:

What OG would that be in the 2nd or 3rd? Warmack is basically a top 5 player at his position right away...

Would not be surprised to see Warford available at 38 come April. I am wary of a positional change, but Justin Pugh is a good OL prospect. I am a big fan of Omoregie Uzzi who would be a good thrid round pick. Brian Winters is a possible small school guy to pick in the 3rd. Dallas Thomas is another one iun that range too.

All of those guys I see as long term 8-10 year starters at Guard in the NFL. With Warford having All-Pro upside and Uzzi pernnial Pro-Bowl upside.

When you go through the OT class there are really only three LT's who look like long term starters in the NFL, Joeckel, Fisher and Johnson, all three guys who will likely be off the board by 20. I don't like Aboushai at LT (RT for me) same with Chris Faulk and Brennan Williams, both of whom are coming off injuries anyway.

Fluker is a RT/G and I lean more toward the latter, not going to sniff LT. I do like Terron Armstead, but he is more of a 4th/5th round guy to buil up at LT. Menelik Watson is an interesting name, but he has played one year of RT in college. David Bakhtiari is a wildcard.

But overall I am feeling a lot, lot more confident in out OL if we come out with Fisher/Uzzi in the first three rounds than if we came out with Warmack/Bakhtiari.

I also think you are overvaluaing Warmack in terms of his ability to step in right away vs NFL players on the DL. He is going to be an instant starter, putting him into the elite discussion instantly is premature.

Nicks/Evans/Sitton/Mankins/Grubbs/Yanda/Iupati are still well ahead of Warmack as a rookie.

DirtyDez

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:
khodder wrote:

Would not be surprised to see Warford available at 38 come April. I am wary of a positional change, but Justin Pugh is a good OL prospect. I am a big fan of Omoregie Uzzi who would be a good thrid round pick. Brian Winters is a possible small school guy to pick in the 3rd. Dallas Thomas is another one iun that range too.

All of those guys I see as long term 8-10 year starters at Guard in the NFL. With Warford having All-Pro upside and Uzzi pernnial Pro-Bowl upside.

When you go through the OT class there are really only three LT's who look like long term starters in the NFL, Joeckel, Fisher and Johnson, all three guys who will likely be off the board by 20. I don't like Aboushai at LT (RT for me) same with Chris Faulk and Brennan Williams, both of whom are coming off injuries anyway.

Fluker is a RT/G and I lean more toward the latter, not going to sniff LT. I do like Terron Armstead, but he is more of a 4th/5th round guy to buil up at LT. Menelik Watson is an interesting name, but he has played one year of RT in college. David Bakhtiari is a wildcard.

But overall I am feeling a lot, lot more confident in out OL if we come out with Fisher/Uzzi in the first three rounds than if we came out with Warmack/Bakhtiari.

I also think you are overvaluaing Warmack in terms of his ability to step in right away vs NFL players on the DL. He is going to be an instant starter, putting him into the elite discussion instantly is premature.

Nicks/Evans/Sitton/Mankins/Grubbs/Yanda/Iupati are still well ahead of Warmack as a rookie.

I agree about Warford. I was putting you and Champ in the same boat for some reason. We talk about going BPA and Warmack is that guy.

Of those elite guys you mentioned only Grubbs & Iupati were 1st round picks (which basically supports your theory) but none were considered once a decade prospect like Warmack. If he's not a top 5 OG right away he will be in 2-3 years. I want that Faneca/Hutchinson guy for a decade.

The Rebuild Has Begun...
LuckyNumber11

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ideally we get Joekel but more realistic Fisher or Warmack

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LuckyNumber11 wrote:
Ideally we get Joekel but more realistic Fisher or Warmack

Joeckel does have severe limitations in the running game, his pass protection is elite, but don't expect him to do much in the ground game. Fisher is not as good in Pass Pro, but he will add more on the ground.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: