Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Wildcard Round: VIKINGS (10-6) at Packers (11-5)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 58, 59, 60  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PaulWall_23

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Common denominator that last two Super Bowl winners?

Hottest Wild Card team going into the dance have won the whole thing (Packers, Giants).

Who are we to buck this trend? Lets goooo Very Happy
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vikefan79 wrote:
SteelKing728 wrote:
wow, I can't believe I forgot to say this:

Dating back to 1988, every other 4 years the Vikings have made the playoffs. (so 88,92,96,00,04,08,12)

Conspiracy?!?

I can't believe we did it, and I even said something about this in the NFL Gen in the offseason and it went completely unnoticed!

further: The Vikings open up the new stadium in 2016, just when we are set to be in the playoffs again.

I'm calling 2016 Minnesota Vikings Superbowl Champs right here, right now. Sig Quote it!

That would be every 4 years. Not every other 4 years.

yeah, I didn't know how to word that. Laughing

Still, isn't that crazy?

Not your typical Vikings anymore.
Worm Guts

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not really, we actually make the playoffs a lot more than that. All it really signifies is that we haven't had any prolonged down periods.
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Worm Guts wrote:
Not really, we actually make the playoffs a lot more than that. All it really signifies is that we haven't had any prolonged down periods.

That is all true, however I was only highlighting a specific set of data.

In between every 4 years we've made the playoffs or had down years, but its interesting that every 4 years dating back to 1988 we've made the playoffs. I like that pattern.

Does it mean anything? No, but its fun to look at.

---

Back to the game, with Randall Cobb coming back, who will we have covering him?

Last week we didn't do so well covering Green Bay's Wideouts, and Rodgers just chewed us up. We made it easy on him.

Hopefully we can get Winfield back for the entire game, and we can do a better job against these Green Bay recievers, as well as slowing down Cobb.

Everyone on that defense must play better to win this game.

Not your typical Vikings anymore.
BigDog74

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The key to this game I feel is the pass rush, especially with Cobb being back. Pressure is going to be the key to disrupting Rodgers and keeping a 40 spot off of the scoreboard.

One guy who has to have a big game is Jared Allen. Everson and Robison helped supply the pass rush last week, but for the most part JA was mysteriously quiet. He usually chews up the Cheeseheads so lets how he gets back to his old way to this weekend.
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MNPackfan32 wrote:
Mike McCarthy announced in his press conference that Rookie 2nd round DE Jerel Worthy is done for the year with a knee injury. When asked, McCarthy would not confirm or deny if it was an ACL tear. Jerel injured his knee at Minnesota in Sunday's loss to the Vikings and had to be carted off the field. Worthy joins 2012 1st round pick Nick Perry and a host of other Packers on IR. Nobody has been selected to fill Worthy's roster spot yet.

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That throws into sharp contrast our relative luck with injuries this year.
disaacs

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:

It also shows how much deeper the Packers are at this point in their organizational development than the Vikings are. The Packers can lost Worthy and be okay. The Vikings lose Winfield and they are toast.

Thx to Uncle Buck!
BigDog74

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

disaacs wrote:
rpmwr19 wrote:

It also shows how much deeper the Packers are at this point in their organizational development than the Vikings are. The Packers can lost Worthy and be okay. The Vikings lose Winfield and they are toast.

That's why its so imperative to build through the Draft like Teddy T. Given two more years I hope Spielman can obtain the same type of depth that the Packers and so many other contenders have right now. Look at the Patriots other than their secondary they are deep EVERYWHERE. Last years draft was a great start though
MikeVike

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

disaacs wrote:
rpmwr19 wrote:

Worthy is a rotation player for them.. Its really nothing you can compare with losing Winfield who is our best defensive back and a defensive leader.

If would be like if we lost Christian Ballard for the year..
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MikeVike wrote:
disaacs wrote:
rpmwr19 wrote:

Worthy is a rotation player for them.. Its really nothing you can compare with losing Winfield who is our best defensive back and a defensive leader.

If would be like if we lost Christian Ballard for the year..

It's not just Worthy, Clay Matthews and Charles Woodson missed good portions of the year and they haven't had their first round pick since early November.

We've been comparatively very lucky on the injury front.
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

add in Bulaga and Harrell, and the Pack has lost a lot of Rnd 1-2 picks to injury over the last few years.

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
disaacs

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
It's not just Worthy, Clay Matthews and Charles Woodson missed good portions of the year and they haven't had their first round pick since early November.

We've been comparatively very lucky on the injury front.

Exactly more to the point I was getting at, the Packers, over the last 2 years have lost more pivotal players than almost anyone in the NFL, and yet they hardly miss a beat. Worthy may just be a rotational guy, but he's just one in a long line of injuries they've suffered.

Thx to Uncle Buck!
The Gnat

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Winfield is goign to try and play with a harder cast on his hand for the game. Just coming out via twitter, as expected in some ways, don't think Winfield would miss this game.

GBPACKMAN4LIFE

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom Pelissero l 1500espn.com wrote:
Minnesota Vikings coach Leslie Frazier did something unusual after the Vikings' last practice before Saturday's wild-card playoff at Green Bay.

He had a brief chat on the field with backup quarterbacks Joe Webb and McLeod Bethel-Thompson, who have combined to play exactly three snaps all season.

But Frazier continued to express optimism publicly about starter Christian Ponder's chances for playing through a bruised throwing elbow that has limited him in practice all week.

"It's a little bit tight for him," Frazier said. "Just got to loosen up a little bit. They're still doing some things with him. We'll see how he feels (Friday). But he's going to do everything he can to, of course, be ready for this ballgame."

Obviously Ponder will play through the pain; he sustained the injury during the second quarter and had one of the best games of his career.

Good luck this Saturday. Trying to get out of work so I can watch the game in its entirety!

My two best friends are Vikings fans--gonna be a long summer if GB loses this one Very Happy

More from Tom via his twitter:

Quote:
Frazier said Josh Robinson didn't get any more slot work this week as #Vikings looked at backup plans should something happen to Winfield.

Brandon Burton and A.J. Jefferson did get inside work along with Marcus Sherels, Frazier said.

Tom is such a good reporter. I hate that he covers the Vikings now instead of the Packers, like he used to. His weekly write-ups grading the team and giving their snap counts are must reads, even if it's not for my favorite team.

Ernest Hemingway wrote:
My aim is to put down on paper what I see and what I feel in the best and simplest way.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 58, 59, 60  Next
Page 7 of 60

Jump to: