Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

I admit it. I was wrong.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PARROTHEAD wrote:
Sorry to make everyone look foolish.
But it was me exactly right. Once again.

I said wed win 5. And we did. and then we won 5 more. Cant get more right than being right twice over.
haha! I like that Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSkinGM wrote:
Thaiphoon wrote:
footy_29 wrote:
I think we also need to give some serious props to DeAngelo Hall for his play in this winning stretch, particularly 'tonight'. Of course, Josh Wilson might have had his best game tonight as well.

The secondary came to play.

Add Rob Jackson to this list -> who quite literally saved at least two games with his clutch sacks & turnovers

And Reed Doughty--he comes to play when called upon. GREAT on teams . We know he's not the most talented guy but he sure has kinda helped keep the safety position decent.
he made some awesome tackles last night in the run game. At one point he blew up Vickers and tackled Murray in the same hit for a loss down around the 10 yd line. He's a great run defender
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
DCRED

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
RSkinGM wrote:
Thaiphoon wrote:
footy_29 wrote:
I think we also need to give some serious props to DeAngelo Hall for his play in this winning stretch, particularly 'tonight'. Of course, Josh Wilson might have had his best game tonight as well.

Add Rob Jackson to this list -> who quite literally saved at least two games with his clutch sacks & turnovers

And Reed Doughty--he comes to play when called upon. GREAT on teams . We know he's not the most talented guy but he sure has kinda helped keep the safety position decent.
he made some awesome tackles last night in the run game. At one point he blew up Vickers and tackled Murray in the same hit for a loss down around the 10 yd line. He's a great run defender

Good call man I was gonna mention that play where he blew right thru and took out Murray too. Was very impressed with him when they let him attack
Thaiphoon

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DCRED wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
RSkinGM wrote:
Thaiphoon wrote:
footy_29 wrote:

Good call man I was gonna mention that play where he blew right thru and took out Murray too. Was very impressed with him when they let him attack

I hope people remember this game in the offseason when it comes time to decide which safeties to keep on the roster. There is a reason why Reed has lasted as long as he has. The guy is great against the run and is a great tackler. His pass coverage leaves something to be desired but he makes up for it by being great on Special Teams.

Being Vague Is Almost As Much Fun As That Other Thing
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thaiphoon wrote:
DCRED wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
RSkinGM wrote:
Thaiphoon wrote:
footy_29 wrote:

I hope people remember this game in the offseason when it comes time to decide which safeties to keep on the roster. There is a reason why Reed has lasted as long as he has. The guy is great against the run and is a great tackler. His pass coverage leaves something to be desired but he makes up for it by being great on Special Teams.
yep! Been saying that for 6 years!! Laughing Wink He's also a great leader
RSkinGM

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I said once I'd take him over L L,, and got blasted -- probably rightfully,, but Reed is just a team first , blue collar guy -- Brings intangibles..
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSkinGM wrote:
I said once I'd take him over L L,, and got blasted -- probably rightfully,, but Reed is just a team first , blue collar guy -- Brings intangibles..
definitely man. Wink If there is a younger more talented guy who can be part of our future though, Reed could be gone, but IMO thats the the way he'd be gone but, another old Vet his age over him shouldn't be kept unless the guy was clearly a lot better player.

For example, I wouldn't keep Madieu Williams over Reed Doughty... EVER!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: