Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Wildcard Weekend Talk
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who do you want to face?
Packers
25%
 25%  [ 9 ]
Seahawks
30%
 30%  [ 11 ]
Redskins
44%
 44%  [ 16 ]
Total Votes : 36

Author Message
big9erfan


Joined: 26 Feb 2007
Posts: 13996
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

steadypimpin wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
NinerNation21 wrote:
steadypimpin wrote:
I know we beat Green Bay but I really don't want to play them out of all the NFC teams. Am I alone in that thought?


I'd rather play the packers than the Seahawks. I'm tired of the Seahawks and the unfair treatment by the refs with them. I will however take the redskins all day though.



That was my hope as well. Not because I think the seahawks are a much better team than the skins. I'm just tired of seeing the seahawks. And their fans. Mostly the fans.

But right now, Joe Webb isn't helping make that happen. Is it just me, or did Ponder just save his job for next year by not playing, and ending the year on a high note? If he had sucked and lost, chances are the vikes could have turned to a veteran like Alex. Now, they will be much more hesitant, seeing how the last they've seen of Ponder was good-ish. Now, they'll probably try to sign a back-up that is simply more capable than Webb and stick with Ponder. Good move, Christian. Not playing...

The good thing about playing the packers, it's that Rodgers can be gotten to. If our DBs can hold them to minimal gain after the catch, and we don't miss tackles, we can limit them, just like we limited them once, just like we limited the Pats for a half. Their defense isn't really scary.
Alex can be Ponders backup. He will be a great backup in the NFL after he leaves the Niners.


... except he's better than Ponder and would have a good shot at being their starter.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
big9erfan


Joined: 26 Feb 2007
Posts: 13996
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GB, Seattle and Washington all look like they would be very tough games for us. We've got GB. So we don't need to worry about the other two. But right now they all look better to me than we do.

One thing is ... they all seem better coached than us.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tiger9er08


Joined: 14 Nov 2009
Posts: 1386
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big9erfan wrote:
GB, Seattle and Washington all look like they would be very tough games for us. We've got GB. So we don't need to worry about the other two. But right now they all look better to me than we do.

One thing is ... they all seem better coached than us.


Green Bay, Wash, Seattle... all their HC's coached for us at some point in the past =p

did Shannahan and Carrol OC and DC at the same time for us?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SoCalNiner


Moderator
Joined: 13 Nov 2007
Posts: 22730
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seattle is so lucky.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
steadypimpin


Joined: 01 Jan 2009
Posts: 8981
Location: Rockville, Maryland
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big9erfan wrote:
steadypimpin wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
NinerNation21 wrote:
steadypimpin wrote:
I know we beat Green Bay but I really don't want to play them out of all the NFC teams. Am I alone in that thought?


I'd rather play the packers than the Seahawks. I'm tired of the Seahawks and the unfair treatment by the refs with them. I will however take the redskins all day though.



That was my hope as well. Not because I think the seahawks are a much better team than the skins. I'm just tired of seeing the seahawks. And their fans. Mostly the fans.

But right now, Joe Webb isn't helping make that happen. Is it just me, or did Ponder just save his job for next year by not playing, and ending the year on a high note? If he had sucked and lost, chances are the vikes could have turned to a veteran like Alex. Now, they will be much more hesitant, seeing how the last they've seen of Ponder was good-ish. Now, they'll probably try to sign a back-up that is simply more capable than Webb and stick with Ponder. Good move, Christian. Not playing...

The good thing about playing the packers, it's that Rodgers can be gotten to. If our DBs can hold them to minimal gain after the catch, and we don't miss tackles, we can limit them, just like we limited them once, just like we limited the Pats for a half. Their defense isn't really scary.
Alex can be Ponders backup. He will be a great backup in the NFL after he leaves the Niners.


... except he's better than Ponder and would have a good shot at being their starter.
That's fine. That's your opinion. Ponder will be their guy thanks to Joe Webb. Alex would be good insurance there. I still don't think teams will be beating down Alex's door like some here think. I think he'll end up as a backup somewhere.
_________________

Thanks to IDOG_det on the sig!
2011 & 2012 NFC West Champs!!!
Xbox: Steadypimpin49
"Keep choppin' wood"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tiger9er08


Joined: 14 Nov 2009
Posts: 1386
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

steadypimpin wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
steadypimpin wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
NinerNation21 wrote:
steadypimpin wrote:
I know we beat Green Bay but I really don't want to play them out of all the NFC teams. Am I alone in that thought?


I'd rather play the packers than the Seahawks. I'm tired of the Seahawks and the unfair treatment by the refs with them. I will however take the redskins all day though.



That was my hope as well. Not because I think the seahawks are a much better team than the skins. I'm just tired of seeing the seahawks. And their fans. Mostly the fans.

But right now, Joe Webb isn't helping make that happen. Is it just me, or did Ponder just save his job for next year by not playing, and ending the year on a high note? If he had sucked and lost, chances are the vikes could have turned to a veteran like Alex. Now, they will be much more hesitant, seeing how the last they've seen of Ponder was good-ish. Now, they'll probably try to sign a back-up that is simply more capable than Webb and stick with Ponder. Good move, Christian. Not playing...

The good thing about playing the packers, it's that Rodgers can be gotten to. If our DBs can hold them to minimal gain after the catch, and we don't miss tackles, we can limit them, just like we limited them once, just like we limited the Pats for a half. Their defense isn't really scary.
Alex can be Ponders backup. He will be a great backup in the NFL after he leaves the Niners.



What's the point to hate, now, really? Take it out on something else. Get a punching bag or something.
I'm well within the rules here guy. I guess I'm not even allowed to have an opinion without everyone getting all bent out of shape. As long as I'm not doing anything wrong I'll keep posting. It's really getting tiresome how you guys think there are different forum rules when it comes to posting about Alex Smith.


funny thing is the people who are defending Alex arent breaking any rules either and your posts about him get tiring for them too, its a two way street bro, just because you feel one way doesnt mean other people cant feel the other way and post about it too. also its funny you complaining about shutting up Seahawk fans because you dont shut up with your complaints bout Alex, hypocrite much? you think 49er fans are tired of seattle fans coming here think about how they feel about your posts of Alex hate? your posts are just as bad, the seattle fans mostly arent breaking any rules either. another thing about telling people to ignore your posts if they dont like it, you get enough 49er fans ignoring your opinions here then you should just stop posting all together because it will get to a point where you just lose all credibility and no one will even listen to your posts even if they have merit.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tiger9er08


Joined: 14 Nov 2009
Posts: 1386
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoCalNiner wrote:
Seattle is so lucky.


Russel Wilson's just so elusive.... and he's pretty darn accurate too
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
oldman9er


Joined: 24 Oct 2006
Posts: 39972
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This game is doing nothing good for my bipolar arse... Confused
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tiger9er08


Joined: 14 Nov 2009
Posts: 1386
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldman9er wrote:
This game is doing nothing good for my bipolar arse... Confused


it was nice when Redskins were up early lol... less stress Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
steadypimpin


Joined: 01 Jan 2009
Posts: 8981
Location: Rockville, Maryland
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tiger9er08 wrote:
steadypimpin wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
steadypimpin wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
NinerNation21 wrote:
steadypimpin wrote:
I know we beat Green Bay but I really don't want to play them out of all the NFC teams. Am I alone in that thought?


I'd rather play the packers than the Seahawks. I'm tired of the Seahawks and the unfair treatment by the refs with them. I will however take the redskins all day though.



That was my hope as well. Not because I think the seahawks are a much better team than the skins. I'm just tired of seeing the seahawks. And their fans. Mostly the fans.

But right now, Joe Webb isn't helping make that happen. Is it just me, or did Ponder just save his job for next year by not playing, and ending the year on a high note? If he had sucked and lost, chances are the vikes could have turned to a veteran like Alex. Now, they will be much more hesitant, seeing how the last they've seen of Ponder was good-ish. Now, they'll probably try to sign a back-up that is simply more capable than Webb and stick with Ponder. Good move, Christian. Not playing...

The good thing about playing the packers, it's that Rodgers can be gotten to. If our DBs can hold them to minimal gain after the catch, and we don't miss tackles, we can limit them, just like we limited them once, just like we limited the Pats for a half. Their defense isn't really scary.
Alex can be Ponders backup. He will be a great backup in the NFL after he leaves the Niners.



What's the point to hate, now, really? Take it out on something else. Get a punching bag or something.
I'm well within the rules here guy. I guess I'm not even allowed to have an opinion without everyone getting all bent out of shape. As long as I'm not doing anything wrong I'll keep posting. It's really getting tiresome how you guys think there are different forum rules when it comes to posting about Alex Smith.


funny thing is the people who are defending Alex arent breaking any rules either and your posts about him get tiring for them too, its a two way street bro, just because you feel one way doesnt mean other people cant feel the other way and post about it too. also its funny you complaining about shutting up Seahawk fans because you dont shut up with your complaints bout Alex, hypocrite much? you think 49er fans are tired of seattle fans coming here think about how they feel about your posts of Alex hate? your posts are just as bad, the seattle fans mostly arent breaking any rules either. another thing about telling people to ignore your posts if they dont like it, you get enough 49er fans ignoring your opinions here then you should just stop posting all together because it will get to a point where you just lose all credibility and no one will even listen to your posts even if they have merit.
wow. I really care what you guys think. I'm not the one who cries about everything here. The Alex lovers are the ones who do that. The Alex lovers are the ones who ruin this forum and try to bully people away from the site.
_________________

Thanks to IDOG_det on the sig!
2011 & 2012 NFC West Champs!!!
Xbox: Steadypimpin49
"Keep choppin' wood"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tiger9er08


Joined: 14 Nov 2009
Posts: 1386
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

steadypimpin wrote:
tiger9er08 wrote:
steadypimpin wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
steadypimpin wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
NinerNation21 wrote:
steadypimpin wrote:
I know we beat Green Bay but I really don't want to play them out of all the NFC teams. Am I alone in that thought?


I'd rather play the packers than the Seahawks. I'm tired of the Seahawks and the unfair treatment by the refs with them. I will however take the redskins all day though.



That was my hope as well. Not because I think the seahawks are a much better team than the skins. I'm just tired of seeing the seahawks. And their fans. Mostly the fans.

But right now, Joe Webb isn't helping make that happen. Is it just me, or did Ponder just save his job for next year by not playing, and ending the year on a high note? If he had sucked and lost, chances are the vikes could have turned to a veteran like Alex. Now, they will be much more hesitant, seeing how the last they've seen of Ponder was good-ish. Now, they'll probably try to sign a back-up that is simply more capable than Webb and stick with Ponder. Good move, Christian. Not playing...

The good thing about playing the packers, it's that Rodgers can be gotten to. If our DBs can hold them to minimal gain after the catch, and we don't miss tackles, we can limit them, just like we limited them once, just like we limited the Pats for a half. Their defense isn't really scary.
Alex can be Ponders backup. He will be a great backup in the NFL after he leaves the Niners.



What's the point to hate, now, really? Take it out on something else. Get a punching bag or something.
I'm well within the rules here guy. I guess I'm not even allowed to have an opinion without everyone getting all bent out of shape. As long as I'm not doing anything wrong I'll keep posting. It's really getting tiresome how you guys think there are different forum rules when it comes to posting about Alex Smith.


funny thing is the people who are defending Alex arent breaking any rules either and your posts about him get tiring for them too, its a two way street bro, just because you feel one way doesnt mean other people cant feel the other way and post about it too. also its funny you complaining about shutting up Seahawk fans because you dont shut up with your complaints bout Alex, hypocrite much? you think 49er fans are tired of seattle fans coming here think about how they feel about your posts of Alex hate? your posts are just as bad, the seattle fans mostly arent breaking any rules either. another thing about telling people to ignore your posts if they dont like it, you get enough 49er fans ignoring your opinions here then you should just stop posting all together because it will get to a point where you just lose all credibility and no one will even listen to your posts even if they have merit.
wow. I really care what you guys think. I'm not the one who cries about everything here. The Alex lovers are the ones who do that. The Alex lovers are the ones who ruin this forum and try to bully people away from the site.


who's crying over what and bullying who? you bash Alex(within the rules) they defend Alex(within the rules) what part of that is crying or bullying? lol

if anything you're the one crying over people because people disagree with your opinion and how you say "just replying to a post" so its ok for you to post your opinions like that and its not ok for others to do the same? cry me a river dude lol

as for you not caring what we think then why do you reply? just take your own advice and ignore the posts. man are you kidding me posting about crying and bullying LOL
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
oldman9er


Joined: 24 Oct 2006
Posts: 39972
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skins have to do something useful with this drive... AMEN for the fumble and recovery!
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
adamq


Joined: 18 Jan 2007
Posts: 7836
Location: Missouri
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldman9er wrote:
Skins have to do something useful with this drive... AMEN for the fumble and recovery!



They need to put Cousins in IMO.. Griffin isn't right
_________________

-kiltman
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
oldman9er


Joined: 24 Oct 2006
Posts: 39972
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

adamq wrote:
oldman9er wrote:
Skins have to do something useful with this drive... AMEN for the fumble and recovery!



They need to put Cousins in IMO.. Griffin isn't right


Strongly agree with you after seeing that 3rd down throw just now. Confused
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Psychlone


Joined: 15 Mar 2008
Posts: 3760
Location: Marin County, CA.
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kyle and Teddy flashbacks anyone? Phew...
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 9 of 11

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group