Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Wildcard Weekend Talk
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who do you want to face?
Packers
25%
 25%  [ 9 ]
Seahawks
30%
 30%  [ 11 ]
Redskins
44%
 44%  [ 16 ]
Total Votes : 36

SoCalNiner

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:16 am    Post subject: Wildcard Weekend Talk Reply with quote

If you guys want to talk about the wildcard games, feel free to do so here.

Last edited by SoCalNiner on Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ataal

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My vote goes for the Seahawks. I want a rematch. Kind of a tie-breaker, actually. Plus, I like our chances at home.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mobile QB's scare me. Thats honestly the only reason I'd rather see the packers. If RG3 can't stay healthy through the first round and they end up starting Cousins, then I'd say the Redskins.
scraly47*

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ataal wrote:
My vote goes for the Seahawks. I want a rematch. Kind of a tie-breaker, actually. Plus, I like our chances at home.

I wouldn't mind but MN would have to win again for us to have another shot. Seattle will probably play Wash tough but since they are on the road, I see them falling short 24-28.

My other predictions:

Mn 17
GB 28

Hou 24
Cincy 16(however a cincy W wouldn't surprise me. Hou has been horrible and Cincy's defense has been playing great lately.)

and my upset special:

Indy 27
Balt 20

-Lork
scraly47*

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am glad that Justin Smith will have roughly 4 weeks total to heal up.
y2lamanaki

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

scraly47* wrote:

Hopefully that's enough. But the best thing to come out of these last two games (IMO), is that we KNOW we need a DE for the future of the team.

Frank Gore 10,000 yard tracker:

Currently - 9,967
Ranked 29th all-time
UofMfan909

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

y2lamanaki wrote:
scraly47* wrote:

Hopefully that's enough. But the best thing to come out of these last two games (IMO), is that we KNOW we need a DE for the future of the team.

RJF has actually been pretty solid imo. Not Smith by any means, but a very good backup. We definitely need a future starter/Watt lite though.

Seattle over Washington
GB over Minnesota

Cincinnati over Houston
Baltimore over Indianapolis

SF over GB
Seattle over Atlanta

Denver over Cincinnati
New England over Baltimore

SF over Seattle
NE over Denver

SF over NE

super bowl!!!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If GB wins.. do we play them regardless of what happens in the Redskins and Seahawks game?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cHaInBrEaKeRiii wrote:
If GB wins.. do we play them regardless of what happens in the Redskins and Seahawks game?

Yep, only way we play the winner of SEA/WAS is if Minnesota beats GB.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
cHaInBrEaKeRiii wrote:

Yep, only way we play the winner of SEA/WAS is if Minnesota beats GB.

Thank you. It'll be tough match up, but I think we can get it done.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RedWhiteNGold wrote:
Mobile QB's scare me. Thats honestly the only reason I'd rather see the packers. If RG3 can't stay healthy through the first round and they end up starting Cousins, then I'd say the Redskins.

You might be underestimating ARods abilities to move with his feet. All three teams are a pretty tough match up. I would rather face the Packers as they have the least intimidating run game and their run defense is sub par. But having home field advantage is really the icing.
rudyZ

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blast wrote:
RedWhiteNGold wrote:

You might be underestimating ARods abilities to move with his feet. All three teams are a pretty tough match up. I would rather face the Packers as they have the least intimidating run game and their run defense is sub par. But having home field advantage is really the icing.

He might be scared of the read option more than mobility. Rodgers is a threat to run when everyone's in coverage and there's room to run. Our defense is generally too athletic to leave too much room to run.

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
blast

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
blast wrote:
RedWhiteNGold wrote:

He might be scared of the read option more than mobility. Rodgers is a threat to run when everyone's in coverage and there's room to run. Our defense is generally too athletic to leave too much room to run.

I wish that was the case when we played Russell Wilson. We made him look like a veteran that game.

I feel like that read option would be easy to stop if everyone played within the confines of their responsibilities. Am I wrong to think that? The DE or OLB is responsible for spying the QB and if he hands it off to the RB, he funnels the play inside to the LB to make a play. It seemed like DWare kept getting caught going after the RB and trapping himself inside whenever the TE would motion.
rudyZ

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blast wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
blast wrote:
RedWhiteNGold wrote:

I wish that was the case when we played Russell Wilson. We made him look like a veteran that game.

I feel like that read option would be easy to stop if everyone played within the confines of their responsibilities. Am I wrong to think that? The DE or OLB is responsible for spying the QB and if he hands it off to the RB, he funnels the play inside to the LB to make a play. It seemed like DWare kept getting caught going after the RB and trapping himself inside whenever the TE would motion.

Wilson and Rodgers are in different leagues in term of speed. And what I meant, it's that with Rodgers, there's no threat of designed runs. His running is a result of what the defense gives him. With the read option, there's the constant threat and strain of giving it to the running back, throwing it or the QB running it, which freezes the defense a little. I think we should blitz more against the option. Disrupt the play in the backfield, force the QB to make a quicker decision. I don't know... it's tough stuff to counter.

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
scraly47*

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bears fired coach Lovie Smith.
It's the first "wild card" of Black Monday. Per ESPN's Adam Schefter, the Bears have already "sent out consent forms requesting permission to interview head-coaching candidates." Smith has enjoyed as much support from his players as any head coach in the league, but missed out on the playoffs in five of the past six seasons. While he's widely respected as a defensive guru, Smith's offenses have too often been a disaster. In particular, the passing game has held the rest of the team hostage for the majority of his tenure in Chicago. Smith ends up with an 81-63 record over nine seasons with the Bears. He should have little trouble finding work as a coordinator, or perhaps even head coach.

NFL Network's Michael Lombardi reports the Panthers are expected to fire coach Ron Rivera on Monday.
It's hardly a surprise that owner Jerry Richardson would offer his next GM a clean slate with the coaching staff, but we question the "Monday" portion of Lombardi's report. Rivera is scheduled to give his weekly press conference Monday morning, and Richardson isn't even town. The Panthers have been competitive in every game but two while closing the season in strong fashion for a second straight year.

Bills fired coach Chan Gailey.
The fate of GM Buddy Nix is unclear. Gailey's firing after posting a 16-32 record over three seasons comes as little surprise since his hiring made little sense to begin with. He was hired just four months after being let go as the Chiefs' offensive coordinator in the preseason, and had a track record of mediocrity both in the pro and college ranks. Gailey can be a creative play-caller, but tends to fall in love with gimmicks. His obsession with weak-armed QB Ryan Fitzpatrick at the expense of explosive game-changing RB C.J. Spiller cost the Bills dearly this season. Gailey may draw interest as a coordinator, but might be more suited to position coach work at this point in his career.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 1 of 11

Jump to: