Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

We need to stop creating more holes!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pope137

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:00 pm    Post subject: We need to stop creating more holes! Reply with quote

Honestly i dont wanna turn this into a rip Ireland thread but.....

Every off-season it seems like we are creating more holes then we can fill.

Im a big supporter and bringing back most of our current FA and signing one to two Free agents and supplementing with the draft.

My biggest pet peeve has been trading proven starters for unknown goods.

hopefully can start climbing over that hump this offseason.
skatewood2

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am all for bringing back our players as long as we are not paying an arm and a leg for players who barely scrapped by this season. There is nobody on this team who is not expendable and deserves their job without some competition.

I would temper that with Tannyhill deserves to be named the starting QB for next season but we should still bring in some competition for him.

NFL - Miami Dolphins
College - THE Ohio State University Buckeyes
Jaytotha

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Brandon Marshall/Vontae Davis trades fall on Philbin. He wanted them gone and Ireland did a great job at getting compensation from them.

Ireland has one off season to get some weapons for T-hill. If he doesn't he will be gone

Adopt a Dolphin: RB Knowshon Moreno

Rushing: 24- 134yds 5.6 Avg 1TD
skatewood2

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaytotha wrote:
Ireland has one off season to get some weapons for T-hill. If he doesn't he will be gone

I completely agree with this statement. But he does deserve the offseason to right the ship.

NFL - Miami Dolphins
College - THE Ohio State University Buckeyes
phins72

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think that ireland isn't to blame for the whole mess, part of it has to be sparano and parcels because recently he has been doing a good job. with luck this year dolphins will do better but if not he may need one more to improve almost all positions. just my opinion
Kaiowas05

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well the only reason we have money to spend is by subtraction, as we dont currently have a cheap team. If those guys weren't in the plans then the only way we could get better is by getting rid. Marshall was going to cost us for years and Davis was going to put us in a difficult position to resign a year after Smith.

Anyway on ward and forward (upward isnt appropriate just yet Sad)
Belfast Trojans #32 Shamrock Bowl winner '12, '13 and '14
EFAF Atlantic Cup Winner 2013
ovaw8lover

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We start by resigning Jake Long. The more tape I have on Jonthan Martin, the more I am convinced he is a backup. He is not someone you can depend on. He cant play the right side because those defensive ends are typically stronger than the left side. It really does not matter what side he plays, he gets pushed back into the QB. He sets back too far, not giving Tanney a solid pocket to operate. Jake Long needs to be resigned period. I would make Martin the backup tackle to both Long and Nate Garner or whoever is playing the RT spot. Im sorry guys, but John Jerry needs to go. He is a terrible pass blocker. He leans way too much, which is why he is a sucker for a fake and go pass rush. Incognito is serviceable for now but the interior of the line needs retooling.

Unil they fix the O-line, nothing else matters.
Miami2DaMax

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still may be a chance Ireland gets fried. I'm sure he had the talk in something or someone that went really bad on someone they could have gotten but didn't.
Deets

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we won the Davis trade. We clearly pissed the bed on Marshall but everyone knew that already.

FF Member #67
SUG

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ovaw8lover wrote:
We start by resigning Jake Long. The more tape I have on Jonthan Martin, the more I am convinced he is a backup. He is not someone you can depend on. He cant play the right side because those defensive ends are typically stronger than the left side. It really does not matter what side he plays, he gets pushed back into the QB. He sets back too far, not giving Tanney a solid pocket to operate. Jake Long needs to be resigned period. I would make Martin the backup tackle to both Long and Nate Garner or whoever is playing the RT spot. Im sorry guys, but John Jerry needs to go. He is a terrible pass blocker. He leans way too much, which is why he is a sucker for a fake and go pass rush. Incognito is serviceable for now but the interior of the line needs retooling.

Unil they fix the O-line, nothing else matters.

I wholeheartedly agree with your assessment of Martin.
But as for J. Long ... to resign him is nothing short of a hostage situation given his health, poor fit for the scheme & wage.

Again, if he wants to slide over to ROT at a fair price then fine but ...
Our #1 organizational priority should be acquiring a legit replacement for LT by any means necessary.

I can't see any position on this the entire roster remotely comparable to that of new LT for Mia organization.

sug
fishfan4life

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The coaching staff loves J Martin and he will be a starting tackle next year for us and will spend the off season in the weight room.
fishfan4life

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We clearly won on the vonte trade he was terrible for the colts profootballfocus had him rated as one of the worst starting corners in the NFL.
SUG

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="fishfan4life"]We clearly won on the vonte trade he was terrible for the colts profootballfocus had him rated as one of the worst starting corners in the NFL.[/
quote]
Laughing Laughing Laughing I would have been inclined to keep him had had we stayed with a 3/4 Deff. But there sre several of us convinced he's not smart enogh to play in a zone scheme of anything outside of true man to man.

I'm cool with a 2nd rnd pk.

Sug
SUG

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fishfan4life wrote:
The coaching staff loves J Martin and he will be a starting tackle next year for us and will spend the off season in the weight room.

I'm ok with continuing his development as a RT.
What I vehemently opose is not upgrading the level of talent on the Oline to protect our #1 asset, R. Tanny. And that has to start at RT. Any effort short of addressing that specific issue will cost us dearly.

Sug
Kaiowas05

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="SUG"]
fishfan4life wrote:
We clearly won on the vonte trade he was terrible for the colts profootballfocus had him rated as one of the worst starting corners in the NFL.[/
quote]
Laughing Laughing Laughing I would have been inclined to keep him had had we stayed with a 3/4 Deff. But there sre several of us convinced he's not smart enogh to play in a zone scheme of anything outside of true man to man.

I'm cool with a 2nd rnd pk.

Sug

we're not a wonderful zone team at the minute either Sad hence the lack in picks
Belfast Trojans #32 Shamrock Bowl winner '12, '13 and '14
EFAF Atlantic Cup Winner 2013

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: