Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Who should be the next coach?
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pf9

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:00 pm    Post subject: Who should be the next coach? Reply with quote

Just as the title says.

I think it should either be Bill Cowher or Mike Holmgren. They won Super Bowls in the past, and led their former teams to multiple playoff appearances. The last Browns coach to have multiple playoff appearances with the team was Marty Schottenheimer.
KamTrus20

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it should be Gus Bradley. It feel like he is the next big thing.

Jamison on the sig
BooyaCS

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Who should be the next coach? Reply with quote

pf9 wrote:
Just as the title says.

I think it should either be Bill Cowher or Mike Holmgren. They won Super Bowls in the past, and led their former teams to multiple playoff appearances. The last Browns coach to have multiple playoff appearances with the team was Marty Schottenheimer.

No coach has ever won 2 superbowls in 2 different cities. Not to mention Bill Cowher is not coming here. Holmgren isn't going to coach here either.

It will be Chip Kelly or an NFL assistant.
mistakebytehlak

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Who should be the next coach? Reply with quote

pf9 wrote:
Just as the title says.

LOL
roger murdock

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should be and will be Chip Kelly

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Who should be the next coach? Reply with quote

pf9 wrote:
Just as the title says.

TKL- 75, INT- 2, Sack- 1.5,PDF-7, TD-2

KamTrus20

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

roger murdock wrote:

Shocked

You seriously think someone of his caliber wants anything to do with this joke of an organization?

We are going to have to look long and hard and make a great off the radar hire. We cannot compete with most other teams right now for the services of high profile coaches or free agents. Seriously put yourself in his shoes and tell me this would be the best place to come....you couldn't do it. If you did you were flat out lying to yourself.

Jamison on the sig
DawgSoldier

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greg Roman 49ers OC
Jay Gruden Bengals OC
John Gruden Former HC
Bill O'Brien Penn States HC and former NE OC
Kyle Shanahann Washingtons OC and son to Mike Shanahann
Think T Rich in a Shanahann zone stretch play.Twisted Evil

those are my top 5 in no certain order.

oh and Eric Mangini to see this board explode.

Adopt a Brown: QB Brandon Weeden
247/433 57% 2820yds 6.5avg 13 TD 15 Int

Last edited by DawgSoldier on Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:22 pm; edited 2 times in total
ditchdigger

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both your coaching choices are atrocious, and have less than a zero percent chance of happening. I don't even care about the fact that it's a mathematical impossibility, it's still less than zero percent. Holmgren had plenty of opportunity to coach here, but must have thought it beneath him. Cowher isn't going to come out of retirement to coach the Browns, nor would anyone in their right mind want him to. Both are winners from another era, and the game has passed them by (hence their retirement from coaching).

Pretty hard to tell at this piont who the coach will be, but here is my short list that I'd like to see:

Greg Roman
Chip Kelly
Bill O'Brien
BooyaCS

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KamTrus20 wrote:
roger murdock wrote:

Shocked

You seriously think someone of his caliber wants anything to do with this joke of an organization?

We are going to have to look long and hard and make a great off the radar hire. We cannot compete with most other teams right now for the services of high profile coaches or free agents. Seriously put yourself in his shoes and tell me this would be the best place to come....you couldn't do it. If you did you were flat out lying to yourself.

The HC will be a yes man to Banner and Banner will offer them final say on the roster however Banner himself will have all say when it comes to football operations.
Ether

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KamTrus20 wrote:
roger murdock wrote:

Shocked

Are you like...an Oregon homer or something?
roger murdock

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KamTrus20 wrote:
roger murdock wrote:

Shocked

Teams I am assuming will have HC vacancies:

Cleveland
Kansas City
San Diego
Jacksonville
Buffalo
Philadelphia

Maybe the Jets and maybe Detroit.

Jacksonville is a dumpster fire, they probably might move and the might bring in Tebow. They have almost no talent on that team and nobody in Florida cares about them. I think thats the worst HC job in the NFL. San Diegos in a similar situation to Jacksonville with a bit more talent (old though) and your best player in a QB who might not fit your philosophy.

Cleveland has the most talent of the rest of those teams, especially for his style of play, and it gives him the flexibility to pick his own QB.

If a team like the Lions, Cardinals, Bears, or Panthers fires their coach than those become the hot jobs. Otherwise its us and Phily IMO.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ditchdigger wrote:
Bill O'Brien

Bill O Brien just started coaching PSU this year. He doesn't plan on leaving anytime soon. Not for another 5 years at least. He wants to coach PSU to a bowl, even though that will have to wait until 2016.
EL Brownso

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to throw a few names out there I think will be tied to the Browns when it comes to picking a new coach.

Chip Kellly, Oregon
Bill O'Brien, Penn State
David Shaw, Stanford
Mike McCoy, Broncos OC
Greg Roman, 49ers OC

Personally, I like David Shaw. Young coach I think he has done a fairly nice job with Stanford since Harbaugh left and has done an excellent job since Luck left. He runs a pro-style offense that I think would compliment Trent Richardsons strengths.
DawgSoldier

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EL Brownso wrote:
I'm going to throw a few names out there I think will be tied to the Browns when it comes to picking a new coach.

Chip Kellly, Oregon
Bill O'Brien, Penn State
David Shaw, Stanford
Mike McCoy, Broncos OC
Greg Roman, 49ers OC

Personally, I like David Shaw. Young coach I think he has done a fairly nice job with Stanford since Harbaugh left and has done an excellent job since Luck left. He runs a pro-style offense that I think would compliment Trent Richardsons strengths.

Just signed a a extension deal with Standford.

Adopt a Brown: QB Brandon Weeden
247/433 57% 2820yds 6.5avg 13 TD 15 Int

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 1 of 11

Jump to: