Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Draft Order
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
abbs1988

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ACDC_Rocks024 wrote:
I like where we sit. Ideally, I think we need to bring in a vet WR and OG, and then we should have a defensive heavy draft. I wish we could get that DE from Texas A&M, but something tells me he'll be taken right before us (surprise, surprise). So I think Werner from FSU is the move. Obviously it is early and things could change, but I can't think of any better options at the moment, personally...

This.

LOVE, JOY, PEACE, PATIENCE, GOODNESS, KINDNESS, GENTLENESS, FAITHFULNESS, AND SELF-CONTROL
sdrawkcab321 wrote:
I want wiggins
DawgSoldier

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ACDC_Rocks024 wrote:
I like where we sit. Ideally, I think we need to bring in a vet WR and OG, and then we should have a defensive heavy draft. I wish we could get that DE from Texas A&M, but something tells me he'll be taken right before us (surprise, surprise). So I think Werner from FSU is the move. Obviously it is early and things could change, but I can't think of any better options at the moment, personally...

seems pretty dead on IMO.

Adopt a Brown: QB Brandon Weeden
247/433 57% 2820yds 6.5avg 13 TD 15 Int
Dropkick_pride

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ACDC_Rocks024 wrote:
I like where we sit. Ideally, I think we need to bring in a TE and OG, and then we should have a defensive heavy draft...

one small change to the above, and Im not sold on any one DE yet.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If they go with the strong leader type at head coach, with final say on personnel, I think they go defensive heavy in free agency and the draft becomes the new guy's chance to put a stamp on the team.

You could "finish" the defense by picking up:

Keenan Lewis - CB - Steelers

Michael Johnson - DE - Bengals

Jarius Byrd - S - Bills

I think Lewis and Johnson could be had if the Browns slightly overpay. I'm ok with that because the Browns need to spend to get to the cap floor (and it gives Haslam a chance to show how serious he his) and they weaken teams in the Browns division.

The new HC gives Jauron the keys to the D. The draft priorities become TE, QB, G, WR...not necessarily in that order. A guy like Chip Kelly could fit great in this scenario. He would be able to focus all of his energy on a draft class he knows very well. An under the radar QB pick could be a guy like....EJ Manuel.
Dropkick_pride

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

qball wrote:
If they go with the strong leader type at head coach, with final say on personnel, I think they go defensive heavy in free agency and the draft becomes the new guy's chance to put a stamp on the team.

Jarius Byrd - S - Bills

I think Lewis and Johnson could be had if the Browns slightly overpay. I'm ok with that because the Browns need to spend to get to the cap floor (and it gives Haslam a chance to show how serious he his) and they weaken teams in the Browns division.

The new HC gives Jauron the keys to the D. The draft priorities become TE, QB, G, WR...not necessarily in that order. A guy like Chip Kelly could fit great in this scenario. He would be able to focus all of his energy on a draft class he knows very well. An under the radar QB pick could be a guy like....EJ Manuel.

Ive looked at that a few times, and it only really works if the Browns can trade down in the 1st and pick up 2nd +... otherwise there are no offensive players in the top 10 that the Browns would be interested in and they wouldnt get another offensive pick till the 3rd...

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

qball wrote:

Jarius Byrd - S - Bills

This would be the way I'd do it. Although, you may have to sub out Byrd with Levitre, his teammate. Odds are Byrd will be franchised.

buno67 wrote:
I wonder why his cough was so bad that he needed the codeine? I betcha it was from hitting the bong to many nights in a row.
Dropkick_pride

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reginaldm9 wrote:
qball wrote:

Jarius Byrd - S - Bills

This would be the way I'd do it. Although, you may have to sub out Byrd with Levitre, his teammate. Odds are Byrd will be franchised.

byrd is my favorite fa target... that sucks.

maybe delmas?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or you take BPA at 6 - and get Manti Te'o.

Roll with Weeden for another year.

Take offense in 3, 4, 5, 6, and a punter in round 7.

Late round flier on a QB like Colin Klien from K-State.
candyman93

Location: The Man, The Myth, The Legend El Ramster on the sig

I would really love a combo of Lewis and Byrd. It would give us a to of flexibility in the draft.

sdrawkcab321 wrote:
It'll be a cold day in hell when I read a thread title.
DawgSoldier

OG & DB (FS or CB) needs to be a FA priority IMO

possibly TE if Watson isn't resigned.

Reginaldm9

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dropkick_pride wrote:
Reginaldm9 wrote:
qball wrote:

Jarius Byrd - S - Bills

maybe delmas?

I'd love Delmas, assuming he stays healthy. He's not really the ballhawk type, but he's very good in coverage.

With such a deep safety class I see us picking up the best prospect that slips.

buno67 wrote:
I wonder why his cough was so bad that he needed the codeine? I betcha it was from hitting the bong to many nights in a row.
Dropkick_pride

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

qball wrote:
Or you take BPA at 6 - and get Manti Te'o.

Roll with Weeden for another year.

Take offense in 3, 4, 5, 6, and a punter in round 7.

Late round flier on a QB like Colin Klien from K-State.

I love Te'o, but remember those mid-late round picks are depth players so the only additions you just made are to the defensive side of the ball.

Quote:

Jarius Byrd - S - Bills

The new offensive coach isnt going to like that....

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reginaldm9 wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:
Reginaldm9 wrote:
qball wrote:

Jarius Byrd - S - Bills

maybe delmas?

I'd love Delmas, assuming he stays healthy. He's not really the ballhawk type, but he's very good in coverage.

Rambo is my favorite in the class... and maybe the kid the Fresno...

The Browns... always looking forward to the offseason. Laughing Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dropkick_pride wrote:
Reginaldm9 wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:
Reginaldm9 wrote:
qball wrote:

Jarius Byrd - S - Bills

maybe delmas?

Rambo is my favorite in the class...and maybe the kid the Fresno...

The Browns... always looking forward to the offseason. Laughing Crying or Very sad

Ditto

buno67 wrote:
DawgSoldier

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomas of Fresno State is the best ball hawk in the draft statistically.

He is better in coverage than vs the run but not by much.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: