Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Draft Order
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
qball

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:59 pm    Post subject: Draft Order Reply with quote

*Order not official until the conclusion of tonight's Redskins vs. Cowboys game. The Rams own the Redskins' first-round pick.

TEAMS
1 Kansas City
2 Jacksonville
3 Oakland
4 Philadelphia
5 Detroit
6 Cleveland
7 Arizona
8 Buffalo
9 NY Jets
10 Tennessee
11 San Diego
12 Miami
13 Tampa Bay
14 Carolina
15 New Orleans
16 St. Louis
17 Pittsburgh
18 DAL/STL
19 NY Giants
20 Chicago

Browns clinched the 6th pick today. Interesting that the Browns pick is followed by three teams that might be looking to move up and get a QB. The Cardinals, Bills and Jets all have QB issues and the Browns could be in position to make a deal. Bills GM already said they will be looking to draft a "franchise" QB. Should be fun to watch.

Let the Silly Season begin!
ditchdigger

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Draft Order Reply with quote

qball wrote:
Interesting that the Browns pick is followed by three teams that might be looking to move up and get a QB. The Cardinals, Bills and Jets all have QB issues and the Browns could be in position to make a deal. Bills GM already said they will be looking to draft a "franchise" QB. Should be fun to watch.

Too bad there's not a QB worth trading up to 6 for.
DawgSoldier

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Draft Order Reply with quote

ditchdigger wrote:
qball wrote:
Interesting that the Browns pick is followed by three teams that might be looking to move up and get a QB. The Cardinals, Bills and Jets all have QB issues and the Browns could be in position to make a deal. Bills GM already said they will be looking to draft a "franchise" QB. Should be fun to watch.

The market will set that value to see if that will be true.

Stranger things have happened ditch. Browns could invite the top 3 or 4 QB's for visits to drum up interest Wink

Especially if there is a new GM/HC tandem in Berea.

Adopt a Brown: QB Brandon Weeden
247/433 57% 2820yds 6.5avg 13 TD 15 Int
Reginaldm9

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Draft Order Reply with quote

DawgSoldier wrote:
ditchdigger wrote:
qball wrote:

The market will set that value to see if that will be true.

Stranger things have happened ditch. Browns could invite the top 3 or 4 QB's for visits to drum up interest Wink

Especially if there is a new GM/HC tandem in Berea.

If anything, I'll wait until after the combine to announce that no one is crazy enough to trade up for any of these prospects. GM's are crazy.

Adopt-a-Brown: Joe Haden
Stats: 1 big fat pay day
CleBrowns07

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The top 4 should be looking for a QB too. Maybe not Philly and Jacksonville will probably go Lotulelei, but KC and OAK for sure. There isn't enough talent in this draft where teams will be wanting to jump to #6 for their guy. I have a good feeling we'll be staying put and drafting a stud DE. But then again we have 5 months to go.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:26 am    Post subject: Re: Draft Order Reply with quote

ditchdigger wrote:
qball wrote:

Yet every year QBs go much higher than you expect. This year will be no exception.

Zero chance the Browns draft a QB at pick 4, or trade up for a QB.

And Matt Ryan is so great he has one playoff win.
bulldog

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:23 am    Post subject: Re: Draft Order Reply with quote

duke2056 wrote:
ditchdigger wrote:
qball wrote:

Yet every year QBs go much higher than you expect. This year will be no exception.

Its funny how people ignore that, isn't it?
qball

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would guess at least 2 QB's go top 10. Possibly 3.

There will be 4-5 QB's taken in the first round.

Weak class of free agents with Mike Vick and Alex Smith being the only 2 who could be starters next year. Baltimore will never let Flacco leave as a free agent.

My guess at this point would be

Geno Smith
Matt Barkley
Mike Glennon
EJ Manuel

Manuel will be the big mover as the off-season moves forward. A good showing at the Combine with some solid interviews could cause him to leapfrog everyone. AKA - Cam Newton or RG3. He has really good size, measurables should be solid. In 6 weeks EJ Manuel will be a lock for the top 10.
rre63

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flynn in Seattle outa be available 4 trade.
I don't think they need him anymore......
ACDC_Rocks024

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like where we sit. Ideally, I think we need to bring in a vet WR and OG, and then we should have a defensive heavy draft. I wish we could get that DE from Texas A&M, but something tells me he'll be taken right before us (surprise, surprise). So I think Werner from FSU is the move. Obviously it is early and things could change, but I can't think of any better options at the moment, personally...

-Jimi Hendrix
Ether

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

qball wrote:
I would guess at least 2 QB's go top 10. Possibly 3.

There will be 4-5 QB's taken in the first round.

Weak class of free agents with Mike Vick and Alex Smith being the only 2 who could be starters next year. Baltimore will never let Flacco leave as a free agent.

My guess at this point would be

Geno Smith
Matt Barkley
Mike Glennon
EJ Manuel

Manuel will be the big mover as the off-season moves forward. A good showing at the Combine with some solid interviews could cause him to leapfrog everyone. AKA - Cam Newton or RG3. He has really good size, measurables should be solid. In 6 weeks EJ Manuel will be a lock for the top 10.

Manuel isn't riding the success that Newton or RG3 was.
qball

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Manuel is riding the success of Luck, RG3, and Wilson.

One of my favorite Mike Holmgren quotes is "You can't microwave success".

The NFL playoffs would beg to differ.

3 rookie QB's are in the playoffs. In the eyes of the masses it doesn't matter that Seattle has drafted well in the past and has an awesome defense, or that Indy played Chuckstrong inspired football, or that Washington had a rookie RB run for 1600 yards, with a good defense and a solid supporting cast.

People see rookie QB = success.

Couple that with the rookie wage scale and teams are going to be more inclined to take shots on guys than ever before.
Entropy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Draft Order Reply with quote

ditchdigger wrote:
qball wrote:

But MKC says we take Geno since Weeden iz da suck

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

qball wrote:
I think Manuel is riding the success of Luck, RG3, and Wilson.

One of my favorite Mike Holmgren quotes is "You can't microwave success".

The NFL playoffs would beg to differ.

3 rookie QB's are in the playoffs. In the eyes of the masses it doesn't matter that Seattle has drafted well in the past and has an awesome defense, or that Indy played Chuckstrong inspired football, or that Washington had a rookie RB run for 1600 yards, with a good defense and a solid supporting cast.

People see rookie QB = success.

Couple that with the rookie wage scale and teams are going to be more inclined to take shots on guys than ever before.

Wow 3 rookies are in the playoffs?

Just think, if the Browns would have made it then there would be 25 more.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We will draft Moore and switch to the 3-4 ...

Sigh

<3 JF

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: