Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

our draft pick
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TROJANPANTHER

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How would you all feel about a DE? I wouldn't be opposed if we went the Giants route and just had a wealth of pass rushers at our disposal.

I feel like we have enough talent that we could afford to make a luxury pick like that if there was one worth the pick sitting there.

mingo or Jordan perhaps?

Carolina Kitten - Sig God.

NFL - Panthers
College - USC, UNM
Panthers11

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TROJANPANTHER wrote:
How would you all feel about a DE? I wouldn't be opposed if we went the Giants route and just had a wealth of pass rushers at our disposal.

I feel like we have enough talent that we could afford to make a luxury pick like that if there was one worth the pick sitting there.

mingo or Jordan perhaps?

No, especially with our 3rd from this year going towards Alexander.
DT, FS, OT, or WR in round 1.

The HORNETS are back. Yes We Cam. Giancarlo <3.
ericr0319

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

our biggest needs are S, DT, WR, OT, CB. and i think they are all pretty close together. if captain leaves, CB becomes even a bigger need. DT isn't as bad as most people think. i cant see why people are freaking. WR is a huge hole, this draft class is just terrible unless we get a late round gem.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys, I have seen alot of games in my life(college and pro) there has never really been a player to stand out like Steve Smith. The closest player I have found is in this very draft he is a Smitty 2.0. Please if you don't know him use youtube. I'm in no way saying we need to draft him but look at the similars of the 2 players.

Stedman Bailey, WR, West Virginia

2012 DROY Winner - Luke Kuechly 164 tackles, 2 Int, 1 sack, 11 TFLs, 8 PD and 3 Fumble recoveries
Luke Kuechly - 2013 Defensive Player of the Year
james.mcmurry13

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right now its being projected that we'll receive 2 6th round compensatory picks. Not official, but that would be nice for depth.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

james.mcmurry13 wrote:
Right now its being projected that we'll receive 2 6th round compensatory picks. Not official, but that would be nice for depth.

Schwartz and Bernardeua?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boondock wrote:
james.mcmurry13 wrote:

Schwartz and Bernardeua?

http://www.detroitlionsdraft.com/2013/01/predicting-the-compensatory-pick/[/quote]

Carolina
The Panthers lost Dan Connor and will receive a 6th round pick
The Panthers lost Travelle Wharton and will receive a 6th round pick
The Panthers lost Mackenzy Bernadeau who is canceled out by Mike Tolbert
The Panthers lost Geoff Schwartz who is canceled out by Haruki Nakamura

2012 DROY Winner - Luke Kuechly 164 tackles, 2 Int, 1 sack, 11 TFLs, 8 PD and 3 Fumble recoveries
Luke Kuechly - 2013 Defensive Player of the Year
OneBadCat

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BringinDaPain wrote:
Guys, I have seen alot of games in my life(college and pro) there has never really been a player to stand out like Steve Smith. The closest player I have found is in this very draft he is a Smitty 2.0. Please if you don't know him use youtube. I'm in no way saying we need to draft him but look at the similars of the 2 players.

Stedman Bailey, WR, West Virginia

God knows I love playmakers, but part of me still think Joe Adams can be the spark player. He's got the talent, he just needs to shake the fumbles. Lots of great returners had their share of the dropsies but we really didn't see that much of Adams this past year.
Moody

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What are people's thoughts on Chance Warmack? He's a monster that would help out the interior line a lot. Warmack-Kalil-Amini would be solid for years.

Newton was hit on a higher percentage of throws and runs than any other QB in the league. I blame that on the offensive line. He was being hit far too consistently against subpar teams like the Raiders, Chargers and Saints.
iknowcool

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like Warmack. To be honest, I don't really see there being another ideal option on the board sans maybe one of the receivers and outside of Rogers, who isn't going 1st round, I don't really think any of them are THAT good to really take. So Warmack would be a great option as he's an excellent prospect at guard.

I'd then put Warmack at left guard, Silatolu at right guard and hope he improves as a pass protecter but if not, at least he's on the right side and I think he'll eventually come around as a great run blocker. Kalil at center. Get rid of Hangartner; saves us 2.5 million I believe. I wouldn't be against going OL 2 straight rounds as well. I haven't watched anything on him yet but I've heard great things about the potential Menelik Watson has.

If we hire Ross or Gettleman though, I really could see us taking Dion Jordan. Jordan is one of those guys you see the Giants taking and while yes we already have Hardy/Johnson/Alexander (if he continues to improve and become the player he sparks ala beginning of the year), Giants showed you can never have too many pass rushers. And nobody really knows if we'll have the ammunition to re-sign Hardy considering we might look into extending Newton in the 2014 offseason as he'd have 1 year left (I think, not sure or not if there was an option we could take for a 5th year). From what I've seen, he might need to add more moves to his arsenal but he uses his arms well to disengage blockers and is very disciplined. Obviously extremely athletic as well. We'd need to slowly move him into the gameplan like 49ers did with Aldon but I think he'll become a very good player.

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Linemen (especially interior ones) are never sexy picks. But I will never scoff at the idea of making our line stronger. Gimme a quality DT, OT, or OG and I'm perfectly fine with it. An impact DB would be great, but it all starts up front.

MrDrew wrote:
Can somebody give me a good reason there's not a giant statue to fret somewhere?
james.mcmurry13

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lately I've been getting the feeling that we'll go offense with our first pick. DT, CB, and S have been needs forever, yet we've never looked there in the first round (usually we look to that in the 3rd).

I'd love to pick up a franchise left tackle in this draft. Lewan would be an amazing pick, but (if he does declare), he'll probably go top 10. Eric Fisher from Central Michigan could make a rise up the boards too, and I wouldn't mind him. Chance could be a good pick, but the value of a right guard just isn't there, so I'm not sure how much he'll be considered.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

james.mcmurry13 wrote:
Lately I've been getting the feeling that we'll go offense with our first pick. DT, CB, and S have been needs forever, yet we've never looked there in the first round (usually we look to that in the 3rd).

I'd love to pick up a franchise left tackle in this draft. Lewan would be an amazing pick, but (if he does declare), he'll probably go top 10. Eric Fisher from Central Michigan could make a rise up the boards too, and I wouldn't mind him. Chance could be a good pick, but the value of a right guard just isn't there, so I'm not sure how much he'll be considered.

Ehh the kid is good but I'd rather take a an OT that has gone up against solid dlines in college football. Who has central michigan gone up against this year that even came close? Michigan St? Iowa? I would pass on him imo

*2013 NFC South Champions* Panthers
Gamecocks
Mad Man

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just please stop trading away future draft picks. All the better if you can start accumulating picks.

Really sucks that neither Fua or McClain worked out.

I think that DT, DB, and OL are the three biggest needs - aren't they almost always.

Rules of Draft
1) Don't trade up unless possibly for a QB.
2) Avoid guys with injuries or injury history.
3) Trade down when someone is overpaying.
4) Take guys who have fallen really far in the 6th or 7th rather than a kicker or a punter or some guy that is likely a guy who would go undrafted. Think Hardy or Dennard (NE).
5) Go BPA whenever possible.
Panthers11

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Draft night will be exciting with a new GM, who knows where he goes?

OG, OT, DT, S, WR. Improve those positions this offseason, and we have something special.

The HORNETS are back. Yes We Cam. Giancarlo <3.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: