Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

our draft pick
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Moody

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dee Milliner is really the only non-DT/OL player I would want in the first. I'd be really interested to see what they could do with top talent after watching this years patchwork.

Gamble-Thomas-Captain sounds pretty solid though. Norman is in the mix somewhere as well. Safety is more concerning to me but not worth a first.

Toughguy77 wrote:
boondock wrote:
ericr0319 wrote:
DT does seem like it is probably the pick. but we dont need one sooooooooo bad. i would rather sign a guy like randy starks in FA, then address oline and secondary. i want Matt Elam out of uF is bad. idk if he falls that late in the 2nd though.

This draft is loaded with projected second round safeties. My personal favorite is DJ Swearinger from South Carolina. .

Extremely underrated and hard hitter

Just youtubed him. Looks awesome. Kind of reminds me of Brandon Hogan's tape, which isn't a bad thing. If we end up with another midround pick I think safety could be a solid choice. We really need an intelligent player that is athletic enough to make QBs avoid throwing deep.
boondock

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fraziafraze07 wrote:
FriendlyEnemy wrote:
boondock wrote:
ericr0319 wrote:
DT does seem like it is probably the pick. but we dont need one sooooooooo bad. i would rather sign a guy like randy starks in FA, then address oline and secondary. i want Matt Elam out of uF is bad. idk if he falls that late in the 2nd though.

This draft is loaded with projected second round safeties. My personal favorite is DJ Swearinger from South Carolina. .

This man knows.

However, I don't know how Swearinger translates into the NFL. He will likely be a SS, moving Godfrey to FS. Can Godfrey even play that position? He had a pick today, but he has never really been much of a ball hawk.

Godfrey played the end of the season at FS, after Nakamura went on IR. He can play it. But you're right, he's better as a SS who spends more time in run support around the LOS.

Godfrey played FS for us his first few years in the league when Chris Harris was at SS for us, and is also where I thought he played better once he got into the league. He moved to SS when Meeks was our DC because under Meeks scheme there was no difference between a SS and FS, they did everything the same. Under Rivera, he moved to SS which is to help with run support, which Godfrey has gotten better at, but still think he's a better FS; he was around the ball much more during his first few years in the league. Swearinger is a true SS, he has the body type and skillset to be one in the NFL. His tackling ability is very good, which makes him an ideal SS in the NFL.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the 14th pick I think the top guys on the board will be.....

1. Taylor Lewan OT Michigan
2. Jonathan Jenkins DT Georgia
3. Johnathan Banks CB Mississippi St.
4. Chance Warmack OG Alabama
5. Keenan Allen WR California

I personally would really like it if we drafted Taylor Lewan, I think he would be a perfect fit for our team. But if for some reason we can't get a top OT or DT I really hope we trade down and get more picks.
fraziafraze07

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would totally be fine taking an OG with our first pick. It'd be nice to trade back a bit if that was our MO, but I'd be OK with it at 14. Our interior line needs a major upgrade. Hopefully Kalil comes back no worse for the wear; that would handle center, but we still need an upgrade at the guards.

Rich7sena wrote:
Someone's going HAM on the button in Buffalo Wild Wings.
rjkilla

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

a young NT would help this defense immensely

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rjkilla wrote:

Very true. Anyone that could take on multiple blockers to free up the DEs and allow our LBs to make plays would be a tremendous benefit.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seeing as we traded a 3rd for Frank Alexander I'd say 2013 draft is going well. Defensive philosophy: force 3rd and long and rush the passer. Keek dominates 1st and 2nd down and CJ/Hardy finish.

Alexander -Hardy - Edwards/rookie - Johnson

There are going to be a lot of interceptions available next year. Alexander looked decent today in a starting role.
james.mcmurry13

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few guys I like (ranked in order of where I think they'll be drafted, some before us):

Sheldon Richardson-DT-Missouri
Taylor Lewan-OT-Michigan
Johnathan Hankins-DT-Ohio State
Eric Fisher-OT-Central Michigan
John Jenkins-DT-Georgia
Kenny Vaccaro-S-Texas
Xavier Rhodes-DB-Florida State
Tony Jefferson-S-Oklahoma
Eric Reid-S-LSU
Jesse Williams-DT-Alabama
Kawaan Short-DT-Purdue
Dallas Thomas-OL-Tennessee
Phillip Thomas-S-Fresno State
DJ Swearinger-S-South Carolina
David Amerson-S-NC State
Bennie Logan-DT-LSU
Will Sutton-DT-Arizona
Sylvester Williams-DT-North Carolina
Lane Johnson-OT-Oklahoma
Akeem Spence-DT-Illinois

Richardson through John Jenkins are realistic possibilities if we stay put. A safety could also sneak up to 14 for us if our FO falls in love with one of the prospects.

The first set of safeties (Vaccaro) through Kawaan Short could be options if we trade back into the 20s.

With what the value in the draft looks like now, the 2nd round is a place to go for a safety. The 2nd group of them look like they're in that range, and should be great picks at that spot.

The last group of linemen are possible picks if we somehow got a late 2nd or 3rd round pick.

I'm sure I've left out a few guys here or there, but I think I did a pretty good job of summing up our options in the first couple rounds.
davlar

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best player available will do nicely.

Thanks to JammerHammer21 for the sig - Let The Riv-Era Begin!
BringinDaPain

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

boondock wrote:
rjkilla wrote:

Very true. Anyone that could take on multiple blockers to free up the DEs and allow our LBs to make plays would be a tremendous benefit.

I'm all for getting someone like Kwame Geathers- DT-Georgia in the 4th. Huge guy that can eat up some space.

2012 DROY Winner - Luke Kuechly 164 tackles, 2 Int, 1 sack, 11 TFLs, 8 PD and 3 Fumble recoveries
Luke Kuechly - 2013 Defensive Player of the Year

Last edited by BringinDaPain on Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
boondock

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

davlar wrote:
Best player available will do nicely.

It really will because we have servicable players at all of our positions, minus RT; which isn't a first round pick. As long as we take someone that upgrades a position, we'll be fine.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Hankins and Matt Elam would be ideal, maybe get DeAngelo/Big Money/Beason and Anderson to restructure and sign an Olineman and Bowe and we are set!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rays_Peeps34 wrote:
I think Hankins and Matt Elam would be ideal, maybe get DeAngelo/Big Money/Beason and Anderson to restructure and sign an Olineman and Bowe and we are set!

Id love either Hankins or Lewan at #14. Trading back would be nice but its unlikely. Getting Elam in the 2nd or moving up late in the 1st to get him would be nice.

What about a Stewart and ??? for Mike Wallace. Would really help out both teams.

Thanks to Kiltman
Rays_Peeps34

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CaptainCharisma wrote:
Rays_Peeps34 wrote:

Id love either Hankins or Lewan at #14. Trading back would be nice but its unlikely. Getting Elam in the 2nd or moving up late in the 1st to get him would be nice.

What about a Stewart and ??? for Mike Wallace. Would really help out both teams.
Doubt we move Stewart, I wouldn't mind Wallace or Bowe, but a RT should be our main priority

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rays_Peeps34 wrote:
CaptainCharisma wrote:
Rays_Peeps34 wrote:

Doubt we move Stewart, I wouldn't mind Wallace or Bowe, but a RT should be our main priority

Maybe a good young LT and move Goss to RT.

2012 DROY Winner - Luke Kuechly 164 tackles, 2 Int, 1 sack, 11 TFLs, 8 PD and 3 Fumble recoveries
Luke Kuechly - 2013 Defensive Player of the Year

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: